Long Live To His Majesty The King

Thaising

It is His Majesty's birthday on the 5th December.

Its another national holiday. Are the bars open?

:D

I think that I read recently that the Royal family asked that bars NOT be closed for their birthdays! :o

That's great! :D I'd like to raise a glass and wish him all the Best. Hopefully many more to come too. :D

I feel honored to be in Thailand during the reign of such a benevolent and respected King. He is widely considered not just a good King, but maybe the very best ever. It is an era to be cherished and every time I stand up in the movie theatre it rejuvenates that good feeling. Or seeing the sea of yellow shirts every Monday as Thai people show their affection inside and out. It's a great time for Thailand, everyone should take a moment to appreciate it.

:D May HRH enjoy a long life filled with the richness he has endowed his own people...an example not only for thais but those of us who have chosen this as our adopted country.. a constitutional monarchy that we may all learn from, a man of inimitable integrity and intellectual ability... :o DUKKHA

Funny to think that 2 years ago I was in Paris waiting for my No O type visa and having to wait an extra day as the Thai Embassy was closed for the Kings Birthday holiday.

I only stayed 6 months and rue the day that I left but one thing I did realise is the love that Thai people have for their King and the members of the Royal Family.

The King is a darn good bloke from what I can see so 'Have a good 'un King' ! :o

Although not a Thai, I have great respect for HM the King. Tomorrow I will wear my yellow, King's shirt with extra pride and pleasure.

My best wishes to His Majesty the King on this auspicious occasion. May he enjoy a long, healthy life!

LONG LIVE THE KING