crypto mining machines - used?

ykatz0

Hi,

After a few online articles about bitcoin, ethereum, zcash and a few others I tested the GPU on my PC with ZCash and now might be hooked!

I would really like to see what the output from a few ASIC machines is like, the heat, the energy consumption and costs.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Thailand to purchase these, used or new?

I know there was a large facility that burned last year so there must be some activity going on unless that was the "legal" end of it.

Any hints or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

~y

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You can calculate if your Bitcoin mining will be profitable.... https://bitcoinworldwide.com/mining/calculator/

I think that the latest Bitcoin mining ASIC machine can do 14 or 15 TH/s (TeraHash per second)... and needs at least a plus 1300Watt power supply. Electric is not that expensive in Thailand but surely not free, also a ASIC machine doing 14 TH/s will produce heat like a little oven...

12 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

You can calculate if your Bitcoin mining will be profitable.... https://bitcoinworldwide.com/mining/calculator/

I think that the latest Bitcoin mining ASIC machine can do 14 or 15 TH/s (TeraHash per second)... and needs at least a plus 1300Watt power supply. Electric is not that expensive in Thailand but surely not free, also a ASIC machine doing 14 TH/s will produce heat like a little oven...

Almost nobody mines bitcoin anymore. Difficulty is so high, it doesn't make sense.

Ethereum is the future. RX 470/480 cards are the king for ETH mining.

Mining Etheruem in the US.

I have the plans that you can build a rig that cost around US $1600 for all the parts including 6 graphic cards that are all available on Amazon.com.

Let the machine run 24/7. It costs me an additional US $50 in electricity. The big issue is the noise the rig generates. Really need to put this somewhere where the noise won't get to you and where you have some source of cooling. Inside in the air-con has no issues.

Average 6 to 7 coins per month. Last checked was $90+ per coin so around $630 a month - $50 for electricity = $580 month

Now if you had 10 rigs running at the same time, you could build up some cash

The bad news is the algorithm's get harder and harder to solve as more people get involved in mining. Sooner or later the effort will flatline and amount of coins will drop drastically.

Right now there is still some money to be made.

Isn't Ethereum about to kill mining by switching from Proof of Work model to Proof of Stake?  Also.... I understand getting ASICs past customs in TH is a super PITA. They actually have some fabs for ASICs in Thailand but they MUST be exported.

On 17.05.2017 at 9:03 AM, DaveBKK said:

Isn't Ethereum about to kill mining by switching from Proof of Work model to Proof of Stake?  Also.... I understand getting ASICs past customs in TH is a super PITA. They actually have some fabs for ASICs in Thailand but they MUST be exported.

I don't know?

Those ASIC miners are made in china/taiwan etc. Thailand doesn't have 14/16nm or 22 or 28 or 32 or 45nm fab to create cpus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 1:03 PM, DaveBKK said:

Until that happens, mine like a crazy man.  But, trying to find GPUs and the right mother boards is difficult here in Thailand.  Russian's are building large mining farms here. Every time I go to pick up new equip. all is sold out. 

Never too late to start mining.  There's always a new coin to mine. 

• 7 months later...

Hi is there anyone still mining I mean the folks from this forum? I have got big free space to put up mining rig... may be am too late but looks like there are many other mineable coins out there.. anyone interested joining me or any kind/usable advise would be very thankful and if I succeed I assure you a nice stake dinner :)

Tim

On 5/16/2017 at 12:22 PM, bwpage3 said:

Mining Etheruem in the US.

I have the plans that you can build a rig that cost around US $1600 for all the parts including 6 graphic cards that are all available on Amazon.com.

Let the machine run 24/7. It costs me an additional US $50 in electricity. The big issue is the noise the rig generates. Really need to put this somewhere where the noise won't get to you and where you have some source of cooling. Inside in the air-con has no issues.

Average 6 to 7 coins per month. Last checked was $90+ per coin so around $630 a month - $50 for electricity = $580 month

Now if you had 10 rigs running at the same time, you could build up some cash

The bad news is the algorithm's get harder and harder to solve as more people get involved in mining. Sooner or later the effort will flatline and amount of coins will drop drastically.

Right now there is still some money to be made.

Been a long time since ETH was $90, try $1200, you should have done well getting 6 or 7 a month. They going to be heading a lot higher IMHO

2 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Been a long time since ETH was $90, try $1200, you should have done well getting 6 or 7 a month. They going to be heading a lot higher IMHO

yes ETH is currently 46,700 THB :) 6-7 of those in a day would make you retire in a year hahaha 

Archived