Jet Ski

phitsanulok

not sure in Phuket.

but a few years back, 2003 i think, it was 700baht half an hour. brand new, powerful. in pattaya.

Just recently (late October) I went around getting some quotes for a 30-min jet-ski at Jomtien Beach. The best I got was 700 baht.

Yes 700 or 800 baht is about normal in Jomtien.

Be careful, however, as there are many scams. I wrote about one at the following link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41984

I can add that I have seen this happen again since. I would be very careful if I were you.

Thank you Petedk for including that link. After reading about those jet-ski scams and hearing more recently from another tourist in Pattaya who was similarly scammed, I'll be very careful about hiring one in future. I've been lucky so far.

If the same thing happened to me and the police turned up, I definitely would not be handing them any cash. I would force them to take it further and contact the tourist police. I've heard of tourists offering their passports as security, something else I would not recommend.

Edited by tropo

i was charged 800 baht at jomtien for half an hour earlier this year. after about 10 minutes the engine cut out, so i swam back to shore

and went to talk to the boyos, in broken thai, about what had happened.

they went and got it, and started us up another one and let me have the rest of the time on that, no problems.

Edited by leftcross

When I was in Jomtien in early 2003 it was 500 Baht for a half hour. Between customers the jet ski guys would pull plastic and other trash out of the water intake area (shows you how "clean" the beach is there). Those old jet skis are beat to pieces but the ones I used ran well.