Non-B for Non-native speaker teacher(proof of English)

Hello everyone,

I've been volunteering here for a while and I recently started teaching full-time in a private school and want to get the Non-B visa. I am a white European and English is my second language. I am under an agency and I was supposed to do the visa run to Laos next month. I don't have a degree but I do have a TEFL and I spent a year in the US as a foreign exchange student so I have the final report card to support that. The lady from the agency went to immigration yesterday and they told her that I am not from a native English speaking country so I have to pass an exam. I've been researching about non-b visa the whole morning but I cannot find anything about the exam online. They are an agency, they already guarantee for me. They can employ whoever they want, no? If I really need to pass an exam, can you guys tell me which one? I am terrified since I cannot get tourist visa anymore. 

Thank you.

To my understanding, you are going to need to write and pass the TOEIC test, if you or your employer wants you to have a Non-immigrant "B"Visa.  One of the places I know of is Khon Kaen Univ. Reply her, or send me a Private Mail if you want to know more.

You need to take a TOEIC exam. It's only organized once per month in Khon Kaen. I recommend you go to Bangkok to take it as it's daily x 4.

You need a minimum of 600 out of 990.

Test cost is 1,800 baht + 100 for EMS'ing the results to your home.

Results are sent out the next day.

that would be new to me that a non-native speaker WITHOUT a degree can be employed legally as a teacher.

Or did the rules change recently after they found out they just cannot get all the positions filled and many non-native speakers with no degree are actually highly qualified ? Now that would be a stunner.....

13 hours ago, siam2007 said:

that would be new to me that a non-native speaker WITHOUT a degree can be employed legally as a teacher.

Or did the rules change recently after they found out they just cannot get all the positions filled and many non-native speakers with no degree are actually highly qualified ? Now that would be a stunner.....

I also think that a degree is needed in order to obtain a Non B for teaching...

14 hours ago, siam2007 said:

on-native speaker WITHOUT a degree

What kind of degree is needed?

Is it supposed to be related to English or teaching?

I am a non-native speaker of English but earned a master's in engineering and MBA in the US.

Am I qualified to teach English in Thailand?

I did take TOEIC recently and scored 990, so TOEIC is no problem.

The Univ. degree does not need to be related to teaching.However, if it is not, you will only be given a waiver for two years at a time, in terms of the Teachers Council of Thailand (Khrusapha) Teacher's Licence. Siam 2007 is correct in Post # 7 above; you do need a degree to get a Non-immigrant "B" Visa.

To the OP: I overlooked your statement that you don't have a degree. That is a bigger issue for you than is having to write a TOEIC test.