Video: Israeli held over murder of compatriot in Nonthaburi

rooster59

I understand that this is obviously not the most important part of the the story. However, as a 46 year old, I take offense to calling someone 50 years old elderly. Even middle-aged sounds awful. Surely we can come up with a better term for us youngsters. The world really is for the young (18-35) demographic I guess. 

On 11/13/2016 at 10:28 AM, dddave said:

Huge backstory here.

Bangkok oldtimers here may remember a notorious 2004 murder case in Bangkok wherein a Israeli man murdered his wife in their hotel room, dismembered her, wrapped the body parts in towels and stuffed them into a suitcase.  He was seen on video hauling the suitcase downstairs and he then dumped it into the Chao Phraya.  

It washed up downstream and was opened by someone who undoubtedly got the shock of their life.  It didn't take the BiB long to figure out who the murderer was...he had used towels from his room to wrap the parts and those towels had the hotels name embossed on each one.

He was arrested, convicted and sentenced to life but somehow finagled a pardon in 2012.

The perp in that murder was Eli Cohen, who is now the victim in this current gruesome affair.

What goes around, comes around.

Som nom nah

Wow, you have a great memory. Interesting stuff. That is karma in action.

15 hours ago, dddave said:

"So there is no Som Nam Na here. Just a matter of two Israelis with the same name"

It does appear that my post was not correct.  apologies for the error.

Too bad, really...made a great story.

I just noticed all the corrections. It did make a great story. Like they say, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

On 13/11/2016 at 0:38 PM, nausea said:

So the Chiang Rai Times report is wrong then, at least as regards the identity of the victim.

The CRT doesn't report that this Eli Cohen killed his wife some years ago.

2 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

I understand that this is obviously not the most important part of the the story. However, as a 46 year old, I take offense to calling someone 50 years old elderly. Even middle-aged sounds awful. Surely we can come up with a better term for us youngsters. The world really is for the young (18-35) demographic I guess. 

Just be glad you are not one of those poor blokes who is actually 35 but looks like they are 45 or worse.

2 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Let's get this very clear, at 50 you are not elderly, you are middle-aged. In the prime of life, hopefully - physically, mentally, and financially (OK, the physical thing might be pushing it a bit, but the last thing a boxer loses is his punch). At 60 you're in your green old age. At 70, 80, 90 it comes down to genetics, and the spiritual strength you've built up over the years. It can all be screwed by Alzheimers. 

Most people have a backstory, I would be very careful who you associate with in Thailand, nobody comes here, long term, for no reason. Personally, I would get out, but I have too many committments. Mostly, they are harmless, and provide light entertainment, sometimes they are dangerous. 

8 hours ago, Honthy said:

I am sure it has a big story hidden

Reading some of your other posts, I'm sure you're one of those posters spreading nonsense about conspiracies.

Other than that, the story is already big for those involved

Unbelievable, I was in the Bangkok Hilton (klong prem), for a few years from 2002, he was on a murder charge then, had born to kill tattooed on his arm, but was due to be extradited back to Israel and had it covered over with a dodgy tribal..to be honest he was alright to me.  I'm sure this is the Shimon bitton who killed another Israeli with Shimon shriki over a drug deal gone wrong. Hmm confused here, as was in klong prem with a Shimon bitton in 2002 till 2005...but he was in for a drugs murder but was found innocent but was being extradited back to Israel for crime there, I know this cos he couldn't write English and all letters going out had to be in English or Thai...so I wrote them for him...and his case partner who went guilty for the murder...could be another bitton ,  but what are chances of that the same year's in same prison...same nationality, ..bad reporting somewhere ..

Edited by jessy88

Most people have a backstory, I would be very careful who you associate with in Thailand, nobody comes here, long term, for no reason. Personally, I would get out, but I have too many committments. Mostly, they are harmless, and provide light entertainment, sometimes they are dangerous. 

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

3 hours ago, jessy88 said:

Unbelievable, I was in the Bangkok Hilton (klong prem), for a few years from 2002, he was on a murder charge then, had born to kill tattooed on his arm, but was due to be extradited back to Israel and had it covered over with a dodgy tribal..to be honest he was alright to me.  I'm sure this is the Shimon bitton who killed another Israeli with Shimon shriki over a drug deal gone wrong. Hmm confused here, as was in klong prem with a Shimon bitton in 2002 till 2005...but he was in for a drugs murder but was found innocent but was being extradited back to Israel for crime there, I know this cos he couldn't write English and all letters going out had to be in English or Thai...so I wrote them for him...and his case partner who went guilty for the murder...could be another bitton ,  but what are chances of that the same year's in same prison...same nationality, ..bad reporting somewhere ..

I think it's the same guy you knew in prison. He was arrested in Thailand (or rather, extricated from the Philippines after escaping) for the murder of another Israeli (named Shimon Ben Hamo) together with the other Shimon (not very original....are they?) mentioned. Seems like Bitton was not convicted of murder, but of assisting to get rid of the body. His extradition to Israel, according to press reports, was June 2004 - but not clear if he actually got to Israel then or a bit later. Media coverage was sure confused on this story.

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

I think it's the same guy you knew in prison. He was arrested in Thailand (or rather, extricated from the Philippines after escaping) for the murder of another Israeli (named Shimon Ben Hamo) together with the other Shimon (not very original....are they?) mentioned. Seems like Bitton was not convicted of murder, but of assisting to get rid of the body. His extradition to Israel, according to press reports, was June 2004 - but not clear if he actually got to Israel then or a bit later. Media coverage was sure confused on this story.

It's the same bloke, I saw picture of him, he looked healthier inside .? guess he will upgrade from the Hilton to the big tiger... ( klong prem to bang kwang). 

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:54 PM, nausea said:

Let's get this very clear, at 50 you are not elderly, you are middle-aged. In the prime of life, hopefully - physically, mentally, and financially (OK, the physical thing might be pushing it a bit, but the last thing a boxer loses is his punch). At 60 you're in your green old age. At 70, 80, 90 it comes down to genetics, and the spiritual strength you've built up over the years. It can all be screwed by Alzheimers. 

Hmmm.... I'm 54, but I would hesitate to call myself middle aged. I don't plan to live to 108.

On 13/11/2016 at 10:46 PM, bannork said:

The murder victim was a former Israeli police officer Eliyahu Cohen aged 63. 

Now the father of the suspect's wife wonders what happened to her after the suspect and his son (his own grandson) told him she had been arrested by Lao authorities for narcotics at the Nong Khai -Laos Friendship bridge. When the grandfather inquired the Lao authorities said there was no trace of her. 

Maybe she is cemented in one 9f the other walls of the house. Both father and son seem to be nasty criminals.