rooster59

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, tbthailand said:

ah, you missed the entire election cycle, then?

Clinton, btw, might have been a national security threat to other countries - that I'll give you. But Trump is a national security threat to us

Sure. Using your own server for secret and sensitive government files isn't a real threat. I mean c'mmon, who'd ever hack them?

No one knows what she kept in there, or what was deleted in attempts to hide the truth and obstruct the investigations.

And her choice of close senior aide - who family are a little sketchy in the ME to say the least and whose husband turns out to be a pervert?

Hilary - sure as hell doesn't have sound judgement.

My wife, who rarely can even be provoked to political comment, asked yesterday, "What is wrong with your country!?" Don't ever think Thai people are as ignorant as many of you seem to think. I replied that it had lost it's collective sanity and elected a fascist. Neither should have ever been running for dawg catcher in a one dog town. Most intelligent people react with fear and loathing to the debacle of election in what used to be my country. And not no, but HELL NO the fascist orange monster will never be my president.

Headline on the OP reads "Thai Progressives React  ... etc". I haven't been able to find one comment from anyone you might describe as a "Thai Progressive". All posts appear to have been submitted by GOM's (Grumpy Old Men).  Are Thai Progressives mythical creatures?

9 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

And talking of stupid I take it this candidate for Leavenworth Penitentiary would be your choice?

Hilary 2.jpg

No, Clinton was not my choice... 

But speaking of prison, isn't colluding with a foreign government to influence an election in the USA illegal? 

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Sure. Using your own server for secret and sensitive government files isn't a real threat. I mean c'mmon, who'd ever hack them?

No one knows what she kept in there, or what was deleted in attempts to hide the truth and obstruct the investigations.

And her choice of close senior aide - who family are a little sketchy in the ME to say the least and whose husband turns out to be a pervert?

Hilary - sure as hell doesn't have sound judgement.

Using the private server was stupid and dangerous. The whole affair was handled poorly from start to finish (if its indeed finished). Not much argument there. Granted, if it was someone lower down the food chain, he'd be devoured. As for "no one knows what she kept in there" - I believe that's an overreaching statement, if one follows what investigators actually said.

With regard to Huma Abedin - she's been around for a while, and she got security clearance. This is not something handed out by HRC, but subject to procedures of a few US agencies. Guess that they are somewhat more informed than TVF posters. That is, unless one goes for a cross agency conspiracy theory.

The issue with Trump is that there are no details, and nothing resembling the years of public scrutiny of directed at HRC. For someone who was at the forefront of the "birther" thing, he's sure not very forthcoming about sharing info related to himself and his business.

The Liberal Left brought us political correctness . People are rightly angry of being told what they can and cannot say by holier than thou Lefties and sneering Liberal thought police. Trump is a personification of this popular anger, who has let the genie out of the bottle.

We should worry more about what comes after Trump  

The election of Donald Trump a historic milestone, as was the Brexit referendum result. Together, they represent a sea change in the relationship between what Trump's equivalent in the UK, Nigel Farage, describes as "ordinary, decent people" and the leaders who are supposed to represent their interests.

Trump beat Hillary not because he is a knight in shining armour come to rescue the downtrodden masses from the clutches of a wicked elite represented by Wall Street and a coterie of corrupt career politicians. The fact that the mass media, political commentators and the Establishment generally considered the American public incapable of grasping the flawed nature of the man they propelled to power at the polling booths simply indicates how arrogant and out-of-touch with reality they have become.

It was the same in Britain, when the incumbent administration,  most of the media and nearly all the "experts" had gleefully forecast an overwhelming electoral mandate to remain within the EU. The real "shock" of the referendum was the revelation that the Tory government had so misread the climate of opinion in the country that it had not even bothered formulating an exit strategy!

These two events, along with the rise of popular nationalism across Europe, are our equivalent of the Arab Spring (fomented, ironically, by the US and its Nato allies) and could well prove to be as cataclysmic in terms of changing the political landscape. The worms have turned and politics will never be the same again.

Hopefully, the much-maligned and politically inexperienced new US President-elect will grow to fill  the outsize boots of his momentous office and honour his election pledge to "make America great again".

Should he fail. at least the "ordinary, decent people" know that they - not the Establishment or the mass media - are the ones with the power to choose a successor.

Edited by Krataiboy
error

18 hours ago, tbthailand said:

No, Clinton was not my choice... 

But speaking of prison, isn't colluding with a foreign government to influence an election in the USA illegal? 

Go for it Trump! Goodbye and good riddance Obama.

Trump.gif