Trump's election leaves American Muslims reeling and scared

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dhream said:

Dear Believers,

Bin your silly imaginary friend, and his pedo mate, Mo, and your problems will blissfully vanish, its really quite as amazingly simple as that!

I dont think our problems as a people will vanish , but a hell of a lot will ,and it will only then be local dickheads fighting each other , religion is one of the best and certainly one of the worst cults ever .

30 minutes ago, Usernames said:

According to this, the last time there was a lynching was 1964, when two whites and one black were lynched.  Three generations ago, and the practice was not limited to blacks. http://law2.umkc.edu/Faculty/projects/ftrials/shipp/lynchingyear.html

More recently, in 1998,  a black man, James Byrd, accepted a ride from three white men - unknown to him to be supremacists  - who beat him, urinated on him, chained him by the ankles to their pickup truck, and dragged him for a mile and a half on an asphalt road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

1 hour ago, silent said:

Can't argue that. Hanging, shooting and burning is much more civilised. Thank-you for correcting me. Have you considered therapy? 

While i think the KKK are a disgusting bunch of low lifes , to be honest , they are not what you could call a world wide terror organisation , blowing up INNOCENT people all over the world and this includes members of their own faith , who just do not agree with which sky fairys bit of the family was right .

I would compare them to the people who burned witches , ignorent and stupid .

Just now, WaywardWind said:

More recently, in 1998,  a black man, James Byrd, accepted a ride from three white men - unknown to him to be supremacists  - who beat him, urinated on him, chained him by the ankles to their pickup truck, and dragged him for a mile and a half on an asphalt road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

That's not a lynching. But you're desperate.  Most interracial violence is black on white, not white on black. http://www.ibtimes.com/white-black-crime-vs-black-white-crime-new-statistics-show-more-killings-between-2424598

Just now, Usernames said:

That's not a lynching. But you're desperate.  Most interracial violence is black on white, not white on black. http://www.ibtimes.com/white-black-crime-vs-black-white-crime-new-statistics-show-more-killings-between-2424598

True, but he was decapitated during the ordeal.

Maybe the yahoos couldn't find a tree. The intent - and the gruesome result - were the same.

33 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

TRUE but that was a LONG time ago.

Radical Muslims were beheading people hundreds of years ago and STILL are.

They're obviously not as resourceful and well versed in more civilized means to get attention for their cause, yet very successful at getting more bang for the buck. Admittedly I need therapy too, but it's the media's fault isn't it?  

1 minute ago, WaywardWind said:

True, but he was decapitated during the ordeal.

Maybe the yahoos couldn't find a tree. The intent - and the gruesome result - were the same.

Well, if it's only the result that counts, there is also this:

A nurse's aide hit a homeless man with her car, drove home with him stuck headfirst in her broken windshield and ignored his cries for help as he bled to death in her garage over the next two or three days, police say.

Black woman. White homeless man. Do you really want to keep going down this path? It's starting to get sill(ier) http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/03/07/texas-woman-charged-with-allowing-hit-and-run-victim-to-die-in-broken.html

7 minutes ago, i claudius said:

While i think the KKK are a disgusting bunch of low lifes , to be honest , they are not what you could call a world wide terror organisation , blowing up INNOCENT people all over the world and this includes members of their own faith , who just do not agree with which sky fairys bit of the family was right .

I would compare them to the people who burned witches , ignorent and stupid .

Excuse me. I thought his had to do with the current situation and atrocities in the Democratic Republic of the United  States of America more than Ali Baba, Khmer rouge  and any other you care to drag up. But I'm impressed with your point of view. that has SFA to do with the original topic. Donald

i have no pity for any of them,   if they are good law abiding citizens and dont push for sharia law , wear burkhas in public and scare kids and all that other crap   then theyll be fine.

people are waking up to islamic immigration worldwide,  we do not want them or do we need them. 

Excuse me. I thought his had to do with the current situation and atrocities in the Democratic Republic of the United  States of America more than Ali Baba, Khmer rouge  and any other you care to drag up. But I'm impressed with your point of view. that has SFA to do with the original topic. Donald

Quite right I did not go down that road just replied to someone who did ,please speak to him ,thank you.
See I am being polite so I don't get yet another "holiday"

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The media are not demonising him they simply quote Trumps own words. Tell me where on this clip you find the word 'Radical"

A ban on 'all' Muslims NOT 'radical Muslims'! You are being completely disingenuous and we are not stupid people.  You are commenting on Trumps 'rhetoric' as a white middle aged christian/jewish male saying 'that's not what he meant', but actually that IS what he said. It's like a white male saying if a black person is called a n***** it is not rascist. Try living in their shoes (the Muslim or the coloured) for a day and then come back and grace us with your opinion.

Now show me in return one clip where he says he wants to ban radical Muslims only.

He said: "UNTIL our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on". He didn't speak of any permanent ban.

Most people understood it was a ban until they can figure out how to vet them properly, something which currently seems impossible.  

8 hours ago, Loeilad said:

no - it's racist and anti-muslim.......you can't make excuses for what he said....and he knows exactly what he said and why. He's appealing to the racist element.

Have you lived in a Muslim country? I have and it is they that are racist and anti anyone not a Muslim. Just for reading a bible one can be arrested and put in jail. However, they demand to have mosques in western countries while banning any religion except Islam in theirs.

From OP

Many U.S. Muslim leaders were uncomfortable with his foreign policy in Iraq and elsewhere, and objected to his program to fight extremism at home, saying the focus on Muslims ignored other threats from right-wing, anti-government extremists.

I wasn't aware that non Muslims were beheading people merely for being kuffirs, and trying to impose sharia on host countries.

If Muslims are concerned about a backlash, they could start publicly denouncing Islamic terrorism, but they seem very quiet on that subject.

IMO if they are fearful, they bring it on themselves because they won't integrate, and have barbaric customs like female genital mutilation and "honour killings".

12 minutes ago, tropo said:

He said: "UNTIL our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on". He didn't speak of any permanent ban.

Most people understood it was a ban until they can figure out how to vet them properly, something which currently seems impossible.  

That's certainly the truth, but the willfully blind will not see what they disagree with.

13 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Quite right I did not go down that road just replied to someone who did ,please speak to him ,thank you.
See I am being polite so I don't get yet another "holiday"

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

•  
  • silent
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,286 posts
  •  
9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Muslim Americans are correctly worried that white nativist trumpist goons will now feel validated to act out in many kinds of hateful ways. It's already started. Same thing against gays, Latinos, Jews, etc.

Welcome to the dawn of the American fascist era.

Not being a DT supporter either maybe we should get over it and look at it like regardless of popular vote, nearly half the country and Americans everywhere can't really be all that stupid. Besides Jihad's an Islamic extremist thing like KKK was weren't they? 

Right Claudius. My apology. I need to be more careful choosing words to shoot back at Trumps in a barrel and not leave an opening for a different agenda. I should know better after seeing the Hilarious debates.

44 minutes ago, tropo said:

Where did I mention the subject of permanency in my post? What is your point in relation to my post? A ban is a ban Trump calls for a 'total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States", and that remains until his his Government find out what is going on. If it is temporary then lets hope it doesn't take as long as the audits on his tax returns which have been about 11 years now. 

The vetting has been perfectly good and stringent. The main attacks in the US have been from Muslims born in the US, how will Trumps extra tough vetting stop that?

Edited by Andaman Al

1 hour ago, Usernames said:

Well, if it's only the result that counts, there is also this:

Black woman. White homeless man. Do you really want to keep going down this path? It's starting to get sill(ier) http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/03/07/texas-woman-charged-with-allowing-hit-and-run-victim-to-die-in-broken.html

I neither watch Fox News, nor consider it a reliable source, and simply refuse to click on that link, so  I used Google to find the story.

As horrible and unavoidable as the incident was, there is zero indication that the woman intentionally ran the guy down, nor that she hit him because he was white.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

1 hour ago, WaywardWind said:

I neither watch Fox News, nor consider it a reliable source, and simply refuse to click on that link, so  I used Google to find the story.

As horrible and unavoidable as the incident was, there is zero indication that the woman intentionally ran the guy down, nor that she hit him because he was white.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

The story is on a Foxnews site, but it's actually an AP story. Sort of foolish to deny things without even looking at the evidence.  I guess the question is: would she have left a black man dying and bleeding out over several days in impaled on her windshield in her garage as he begged for help.  BTW, I'm from the area where the event happened. People there remember it, vividly.

8 hours ago, simple1 said:

Many posters do not differentiate & post really ugly bigoted cruel content. Not all branches / practitioners of Islam are the 'same'.

Unfortunately all the Korans are the same and the phony prophet is the same, resulting in hundreds of millions of religiously motivated killings over the past 1400 years, religion of peace it is not, and never has been.

France has been in a state of emergency for a year, and is continuing until next Spring.    Parts of France is full of Muslims, and have a lot of problems, that do not make the news.  Except for the Ukraine, the rest of the fighting around the world involves the Muslims!  Wake up to that fact at least!  Until ISIL, the Taliban and all the Muslim radical based terror groups do not exist, the world DOES have a problem! 

Get your heads out of the sand. These days, do any of you see flocks of other people fleeing their countries, like the Muslim hoards of refugees and the victims who are living in places like Mosul? 

When I see all the groups of young men in these refugee groups,  I see people who are fleeing  and  not  fighting  for  their  better life in their own country.     I am glad  that the young men and women in America and Canada are not like this.  Donald  Trump  may be a better President than some of the previous ones were,  give  him a chance!

Geezer

9 hours ago, Usernames said:

The story is on a Foxnews site, but it's actually an AP story. Sort of foolish to deny things without even looking at the evidence.  I guess the question is: would she have left a black man dying and bleeding out over several days in impaled on her windshield in her garage as he begged for help.  BTW, I'm from the area where the event happened. People there remember it, vividly.

Fox News is about as reliable as the National Enquirer.

The question of what she would have done if the homeless man was black is inherently unknowable. The fact is that she was drunk, had consumed drugs, and ran into the homeless guy, then didn't report it until it was too late to save him.  Far cry from offering someone a ride, then beating him with a baseball bat, urinating on him, chaining him to the bumper of a truck, and dragging him over two kilometers of paved road - for the sole reason that he was black.

Your attempt to equate the two incidents is much more of an indicator of where your head is at than anything else.

I don't watch Fox News, and I don't debate racists. Both are a waste of time. Goodbye.

7 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

The Associated Press is about as reliable as mainstream news gets. Fox just printed one of their stories,

http://ap.org/

Precisely.  That is why I researched the information and found multiple sites where I could get accurate information unburdened by the sensationalism and spin characteristic of Fox News.

1 hour ago, WaywardWind said:

Precisely.  That is why I researched the information and found multiple sites where I could get accurate information unburdened by the sensationalism and spin characteristic of Fox News.

I thought you said good bye

9 hours ago, thai3 said:

Unfortunately all the Korans are the same and the phony prophet is the same, resulting in hundreds of millions of religiously motivated killings over the past 1400 years, religion of peace it is not, and never has been.

Really what's the point of rehashing talking points from anti Islam websites.All religions during the course of history have created religious and to this day believers' associated political wars.. In today's world it's a fact there are many differing interpretations and schools of jurisprudence concerning the Koran in the Islamic world, some extreme, some not so.

As with others on this forum I have lived among a Muslim community for a number of years (in my case Thailand) and never experienced the attitudes of harshness of literal interpretation of the Koran or observed oppression of females and other issues you and others talk to, so enough of the all encompassing generlisations

BTW I do not subscribe to any Abrahamic faith.