Food Court outside Rimping Promenade

JimGant

What happened to the food court immediately out the door from Rimping? It was there a couple months ago, but now is just open floor space. Has another Promenade business gone under -- or did they move to another part of the mall?

Edited by JimGant

I'm there each week and have never seen a food court out the door from Rimping. There is the Natigan [sp] restaurant there. Been there for years.

Now I haven't been in about a week. It is entirely possible they moved to another part of the mall. But I doubt that. They do a roaring business.

I thought I saw a sign there last Friday where they had moved to another location in the mall.....  I really didn't pay too much attention to the new location but I'm almost positive it was located there in the mall.....  NOTE: I didn't pay attention as I've never eaten there but I was surprised it was gone as they always seem to have a large crowd.

5 hours ago, kalbo123 said:

What OP means is the Southern Thai food restaurant that was there, I have heard they moved out of Promenade. Why, they could not tell me,

Strange as it was one of the few places in promenade that had always customers.

Wow very strange. We just had dinner there about 10 days ago. The busiest business in there, up there with Rimping, Dukes and Chi Chang. Very surprised.

If the owners can hold out for, IMO, about 5 years, they will gain a lot of customers from the expensive accommodation currently under construction along the new roads. They would help themselves if they put in a more frequent and larger bus service from town.

I like it because it doesn't have crowds, but that doesn't help the bottom line.

For a virtually empty mall the rents there are high. Traders not only pay rent, they also have to pay a quite significant percentage of their takings over to the mall owners as well! Thats fact by the way should anyone dispute. A good friend was a shop sponsor for his partner and they had to close as the total fees were literally untenable.