Passengers flying into and out of Thailand must pay new Bt15 surcharge each per flight

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make all toilets pay toilets real pay not the 2 baht dump kind with a lady that hands you a couple sheets of thin toilet paper. A crap tax would work. The only problem is that if you do not have the right change in your pocket you may have to change your shorts. Each crapper could have a lock on the plastic lid that would not lift till you pay. Sorry got to rush out and work on this idea. Maybe the government will adopt it. How does one patent something in Thailand. The crapper bladder tax. 

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

I hope they also use the money to teach the Thai pilots real english. Was on a flight to BKK last week and i couldn't understand a word of that the pilot was trying to say. That scares me a lot, how can he communicate with the airtower in singapore if he can't speak english?

I was on your flight to Singapore.

Thai Pilot said " My wife just had an affair with my co-pilot. I just killed him. I am thinking about crashing the plane.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please speak up now. " Ok, since no one answered me I will just safely land the plane."

I said to the Thai guy sitting beside me. " What did the Pilot say ? " The Thai guy said to me " I don't know I not speak Burmese" !

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

I hope they also use the money to teach the Thai pilots real english. Was on a flight to BKK last week and i couldn't understand a word of that the pilot was trying to say. That scares me a lot, how can he communicate with the airtower in singapore if he can't speak english?

Remember how Thai people get their jobs?

Family Connections, and Nepotism, qualifications seem to be an afterthought.

12 minutes ago, bark said:

I was on your flight to Singapore.

Thai Pilot said " My wife just had an affair with my co-pilot. I just killed him. I am thinking about crashing the plane.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please speak up now. " Ok, since no one answered me I will just safely land the plane."

I said to the Thai guy sitting beside me. " What did the Pilot say ? " The Thai guy said to me " I don't know I not speak Burmese" !

I see, so you're a chinese travelling to singapore in group tour! Well that was a shocker when you guys were pushing that handicapped person in the wheelchair right? The immigration officer yelled NO NO to your whole group because you all run to the shortest qeueu which is for handicapped only. But when you guys came back to my line it gave a lot to laugh about right? Who cares you looked cheap and stupid, at least you tried it!

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The move has angered the head of a travel association,  why?

If the surcharge is going to be used to help increased safety damn good idea.

Ha Ha Ha ..yeah right....how long you been living in Thailand?

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The move has angered the head of a travel association,  why?

If the surcharge is going to be used to help increased safety damn good idea.

Excuse me...? I'd like to order my new Mercedes now please...Can I get that in a smoke grey finish with a maroon leather interior...?  Thanks, and when can I pick that up....?

Less than 50 US cents per flight? Who cares? Do you know of anyone that would change vacation plans to Thailand based on this small and insignificant (in relation to the cost of a ticket) fee/tax? Maybe it would have an effect if the fee was $50 USD per flight, but even then Probably not.

6 hours ago, fruitman said:

Flight XX Airways please land on runway D........and he went down on B where  a  747 pilot was just "trying to" take off. 

I'd rather pay 15, or even 1,500 baht more before the plane disappears somewhere.

One of the reasons: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3023086/Thai-Airways-banned-flying-China-Japan-South-Korea-safety-fears-does-fly-Australia.html

A language problem:

Shortly after reporting the Sierra fix ten miles south of the Kathmandu VOR, the aircraft called ATC asking for a diversion to Calcutta, India because of a "technical problem". Before ATC could reply, the flight rescinded their previous transmission. The flight was then cleared for a straight-in Sierra approach to Runway 02 and told to report leaving 9,500 feet (2,896 m). The captain asked numerous times for the winds and visibility at the airport, but ATC merely told him that Runway 02 was available.

240px-Kakani_Memorial_Park.jpg

Memorial park in Kakani, Nepal

A number of frustrating and misleading communications (due partly to language problems and partly to the inexperience of the air traffic controller, who was a trainee with only nine months on the job) ensued between air traffic control and the pilots regarding Flight 311's altitude and distance from the airport. The captain asked four times for permission to turn left, but after receiving no firm reply to his requests he announced that he was turning right and climbed the aircraft to flight level 200

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Airways_International_Flight_311

A real shocking read. 

Edited by lostinisaan

41 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Flight XX Airways please land on runway D........and he went down on B where  a  747 pilot was just "trying to" take off. 

Runways are always numbered, (sometimes with a letter too), never just a single letter.

Also, the above is the exact reason for the phonetic alphabet.

56 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

Runways are always numbered, (sometimes with a letter too), never just a single letter.

Also, the above is the exact reason for the phonetic alphabet.

Thanks a lot for the educational very helpful reply. Is it possible that also our days are numbered? 

Well 30 baht won't break the bank and if they do use it to improve safety standards all well and good: https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=19814

Let's hope funds intended to improve air safety won't be diverted to other projects like building a new road somewhere or something totally unrelated to air travel.