Giuliani emerges as favorite for Trump's secretary of state

webfact

20 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

Oh, so he gave them a list of 'recommendations'.   That is a whole lot different from a list of appointees 'to confirm.'   A bit of a stretch there.   

So who needs the other more? I'd say Trump needs Romney a lot more than Romney needs Trump. Romney is not given to inflammatory rhetoric so I think you can trust that these are his true feelings with regard to Trump:

Speaking in Salt Lake City in March, just before Super Tuesday, Romney blasted Trump in unsparing terms, calling him a “con man” and a “fake” who had played on anger among voters and was leading the country into “an abyss.”

“Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University,” Romney declared. “He’s playing the members of the American public for suckers. He gets a free ride to the White House, and all we get is a lousy hat.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/will-mitt-romney-really-join-trumps-cabinet-well-theyre-going-to-meet-161925409.html

Hard to see how they bridge that gap. 

On 11/17/2016 at 2:52 AM, Jingthing said:

So are you. We can disagree. This election was historically different. Credible sober political commentators have compared the result as being similar to the impact of 911 on American society. 

Well...I am in the USA and people are going about life just like pre election. If you want to see theatrics, you go to the news where they isolate the activity of the loons and present it to the Muppets as "representative" of the mood. To suggest it is anything like 9/11 suggest they are neither credible or sober

11 hours ago, NovaBlue05 said:

Well...I am in the USA and people are going about life just like pre election. If you want to see theatrics, you go to the news where they isolate the activity of the loons and present it to the Muppets as "representative" of the mood. To suggest it is anything like 9/11 suggest they are neither credible or sober

My experience as well in Southern California. Lots of happy people about Hillary's defeat and a few very angry liberals along with the professional protesters.

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

My experience as well in Southern California. Lots of happy people about Hillary's defeat and a few very angry liberals along with the professional protesters.

I love that comment about "professional protesters".  Here's an article about Paul Horner, who wrote false news articles:

"His [Trump's] followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/17/facebook-fake-news-writer-i-think-donald-trump-is-in-the-white-house-because-of-me/

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Where do you live? Simi Valley? :whistling:

I'm hearing very differently from people I know in L.A.

For those of you were relieved that Trump didn't pick Giuliani for Attorney General, think again.  Here are a few choice quotes from Jeff Sessions and some other data about this appalling creature:

"Sessions has condemned President Barack Obama for saying marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol and for taking a hands-off approach that allowed states to regulate recreational pot markets following passage of 2012 ballot initiatives.

At an April hearing, Sessions predicted support for state-level legalization would “ripple throughout the entire American citizenry” and said: “We need grown-ups in charge in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized, it ought not to be minimized, that it is in fact a very real danger.”

At the hearing he praised the “Just Say No” anti-drug campaign of former first lady Nancy Reagan and expressed concern about the undoing of years of effort “trying to send that message with clarity that good people don’t smoke marijuana.”

http://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2016-11-18/drug-war-dinosaur-jeff-sessions-seen-as-existential-threat-to-pot-industry

During a speech in March on the opioid epidemic spreading across the country, Sessions evoked the widely discredited theory that marijuana serves as a gateway to harder drugs. Rather than reform, Sessions said he would like to see a return to Reagan-era "War on Drugs" policies, which led to hundreds of thousands of pot arrests in the 1980s — disproportionally [sic] among African-Americans.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-tapping-sessions-ag-outrages-marijuana-reform-community-article-1.2879701

Mitt Romney:  “We had a far-reaching conversation with regard to the various theaters of the world with interest to the United States of real significance,” Mr. Romney said. “We discussed those areas and exchanged our views on those topics. A very thorough and in-depth discussion over the time we had. I appreciate the chance to speak with the president-elect and look forward to the coming administration.”

Donald Trump:   “Went great”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/us/politics/donald-trump-mitt-romney-secretary-state.html