Builder/Handyman Kathu area Phuket

wjdw

Looking for a small builder outfit in Kathu area to complete some building work on a condo we rent out there. 

Concrete Island style building, and tiling are a must. - we are going with concrete as we had a fitted kitchen and the last tenant destroyed that over 6 months with water damage, thus we want something for the base that is strong, sturdy and water resistant and looks chic/respectable. 

Also we paid what appears to be well over the odds for our granite worktops in the kitchen, we are considering granite worktops in the kitchen at the condo also for wear and tear, anyone who can pipe up on rough costs cut and fitted would be great as we paid 15,000 a sqm last time :/ 

Cheers!

kitchen (concrete).png

Edited by wjdw

I live in the area but don't know about the handyman part. For the countertops your best bet is to go to one of the roadside granite stone shops, pick out the material and talk to the shop owner. The usual deal is that they will install on your base, complete with proper fitting and cutting of the openings and plumbing holes. I have had it done this way for five houses in the Kathu area, last was about 5 years ago. My favorite shop was (emphasize the past tense) on Bypass road just short of where the current major construction is underway (nicely done by ItalThai). Actually there is a good such granite shop right at that very intersection as you are going northbound and make a left turn onto Thepkasettri Road. Tricky to get to it because of the construction traffic, just have to bear strongly left and drive into the shop immediately at the corner.  

1 minute ago, keeniau96 said:

I live in the area but don't know about the handyman part. For the countertops your best bet is to go to one of the roadside granite stone shops, pick out the material and talk to the shop owner. The usual deal is that they will install on your base, complete with proper fitting and cutting of the openings and plumbing holes. I have had it done this way for five houses in the Kathu area, last was about 5 years ago. My favorite shop was (emphasize the past tense) on Bypass road just short of where the current major construction is underway (nicely done by ItalThai). Actually there is a good such granite shop right at that very intersection as you are going northbound and make a left turn onto Thepkasettri Road. Tricky to get to it because of the construction traffic, just have to bear strongly left and drive into the shop immediately at the corner.  

Many thanks, yes, on the Granite we used one of these recently, they were very good, but the price quoted originally was 5k thb per sqm and by the end of it 15k sqm (kept making jobs and what not) naturally the 5k being before cuts, and fitting etc, which is where they seemed to coin it. 

Was almost the same price as europe ! 

Many thanks again @keeniau96