Wheelchair user.. Really struggling to find a place to stay..HELP

Huayrat

Hi..

I've never been to Chiang Mai  before and I'm coming with my GF next week..

Looking for somewhere to stay for one month and will pay up to 20000 baht.. Does anybody know of any condos to rent or promotions from Hotels?? Any links to websites for condos would be really Appreciated as of now I'm.struggling as most of them want long term contracts.. It's possible I might be staying for 2 months..

Help please..

Thanks David

There are a couple in centre of Town that were recently doing 1 month rates but i am not sure of the position now it is approaching Xmas (high season?)  They are Hotel Montha and Hotel Manninarakorn. Montha has a daily rate of 750 per day and 15000 for one month.  Manninarakorn main hotel was also 15000 for 1 month.

1 minute ago, rogeroc said:

There are a couple in centre of Town that were recently doing 1 month rates but i am not sure of the position now it is approaching Xmas (high season?)  They are Hotel Montha and Hotel Manninarakorn. Montha has a daily rate of 750 per day and 15000 for one month.  Manninarakorn main hotel was also 15000 for 1 month.

Thanks this is the info I'm looking for.. more info from expat living there would be great also

20 hours ago, sharktooth said:

I normally use Agoda. Although I am not wheelchair user, it has been useful in the past. The website also gives ok descriptions, but the best thing is to check the previous guests comments.

Remember if you use Agoda, read the small print which they hope will not be noticed, adds 17% to their original price.

Edited by possum1931

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Remember if you use Agoda, read the small print which they hope will not be noticed, adds 17% to their original price.

As a regular user I know that. They are not as good as they used to be, but sometimes get some good deals.

5 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

As a regular user I know that. They are not as good as they used to be, but sometimes get some good deals.

You may get some good deals, but Agoda are very sneaky with this nonsense. What is so hard for Agoda and other businesses, to just state the final price from the beginning? Don't tell me, the answer is obvious.

If you stay within a resort with plenty of facilities and things to do that will be great but outside there are very few places anywhere that are conducive to pushing wheelchairs around and if it's an electric wheelchair very difficult indeed.

If the wheelchair is an absolute necessity at all times, you may find that a lot of places will have a small step at the door, as well as other irregular and inconvenient variations in the surface of the floors.  I don't know why Thai do this, but it occurs in almost every public building.  I guess they just like to keep you on your toes.

In addition, the width of the door may also be a problem, especially the bathroom door.  I once had a friend who had an extra wide wheelchair, and it was next to impossible to find a hotel with wide enough doors.  We were able to find suitable rooms at the Amora Hotel near Tapae Gate.  A ramp outside the hotel allows for easy access.

Chiang Mai Amora

On 11/17/2016 at 8:05 AM, alant said:

If you are still loking after 14 December and dont mind being out of town a little may be my wifes place Tepin Baan Lek 2 may be of interest. http://www.tepinbaanlek.com/en/585345/overview 

Your wife's place looks quite nice.

I'm wondering about the steepness of your ramp on the porch.   Are wheelchair users able to navigate it easily?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I sent you a PM after reading this. You apparently have not read it. As I gave you info from an expat living here I suggest you do so.

hi, sorry I have not received a PM that I know of. 

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I'm wondering about the steepness of your ramp on the porch.   Are wheelchair users able to navigate it easily?

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Mobility scooter can do it, wheelchair may need  help from behind? Welcome to have look after 1st Dec just get in touch, contact detailsa on web page DELETED

Edited by seedy
LINK

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Opium Hotel/ Apts, just a bit north of the Old City.  It is definitely W/C accessible (not all units, but many) with a lift.

More than one W/C user (many returning for their umpeenth time) observed by me during my one-month stay there when arriving in January 2015.

Let them know what you need, and they should be able to accommodate.  My one-month stay ran me about 500 USD including electricity/water for a nice 1 BR.  Free, good wi-fi.  The location is a bit away from the tourist action, which is kinda refreshing.

Hope this helps.