Missing TV Channels: True Visions

Farang99

Following the official 30 days mourning most of the TV channels have returned to normal, but 4 of the channels in the section I most watch ("Science and discovery - 555-569) are still blocked: 563, 564, 565, and 569. Does anyone know if this is a permanent removal?

not sure about 563 564 and 565 but 569 has been permantly discontinued..   it was advertised for at least a month before hand as nat geo (569) will only  be shown on nat geo hd 558.

the other 3 are part of an extended package that i dont subscribe to but have noticed that they are down now..   cant help you with that

Looks like it's time to batten down the hatches, find a good VPN that still works in Thailand, get good wifi and stream and download everything. One legitimate US mobile service I have is DirecTV mobile.. I love it. It duplicates my entire satellite TV subscription for phone and tablet use. All those channels mentioned above and hundreds more. In addition there is, of course, Netflix US, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Fling and other streaming services. DirecTV mobile is free if you already have it at home. Otherwise I keep costs down by subscribing only to Netflix and Amazon. Overseas versions of Netflix seem to be a joke.

I was thinking maybe True Vision is about to go to the wall....Yes a lot of good channels have been removed, but the Monthly cost has stayed the same...The programs on most channels are just repeated over and over , sometimes 3 times a day....

One channel shows movies that old, all the actors have been dead for years...

True first announced they were going, then deleted, about six channels several weeks ago. These included Discovery Science and Dmax, channels I frequently watched. The reason given was that the providers were no longer distributing the channels in Asia. I would think it more likely about cost.

They are probably hurting from the influx of internet TV and are paring down the service

This follows on from the suspension of most of the entertainment channels for a month without adjusting their fees. They seem to have a strong bent for the sport of soccer, with up to 10 channels broadcasting it from around the world at any given time. I didn't notice any suspension of broadcasts in this category during that period. 

I've had three boxes, Platinum, for many years, paying yearly.  I'm now in the process of change. I'm not interesting in soccer and with the deteriorating service in other categories, it's time to go.

I think it is the beginning of dark days for True. I'm glad I haven't paid the year in advance this time.

The TV service offered by True Visions in its Gold package costs 1568 per month which is about the same as the cost of satellite TV in the UK.  With the minimum wage in the UK being about ten times that in Thailand, True Vision's cost seems extraordinarily high, added to which they now require a few more hundred baht for channels which previously were included in the package price. As soon as I can find a cheaper legal service, I will change.

21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why doesn't the OP ask True, rather than ThaiVisa? Of course, finding someone at True who knows the answer or can be bothered to find out might be a challenge :sad:

Why did you ask the question, and then answer it ?

TV5Monde has been deprogrammed 24h a day since October 14th. Apparently it will be back with normal programming during the night of 18 to 19 November ending annoyance and frustration for people from France, Belgium, Switzerland and Canada who have been missing their daily news, talk shows and documentaries etc for more than a month.

https://asie.tv5monde.com/Resources/Articles/Evenements/2016/11/Suspension-de-TV5MONDE-en-Thailande?lang=fr-FR

2 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

Looks like it's time to batten down the hatches, find a good VPN that still works in Thailand, get good wifi and stream and download everything. One legitimate US mobile service I have is DirecTV mobile.. I love it. It duplicates my entire satellite TV subscription for phone and tablet use. All those channels mentioned above and hundreds more. In addition there is, of course, Netflix US, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Fling and other streaming services. DirecTV mobile is free if you already have it at home. Otherwise I keep costs down by subscribing only to Netflix and Amazon. Overseas versions of Netflix seem to be a joke.

a vast vpn works for me here , has many locations in us to pick from as well as pp point to point works great for netflix ect 

2 hours ago, Zyxel said:

TV5Monde has been deprogrammed 24h a day since October 14th. Apparently it will be back with normal programming during the night of 18 to 19 November ending annoyance and frustration for people from France, Belgium, Switzerland and Canada who have been missing their daily news, talk shows and documentaries etc for more than a month.

https://asie.tv5monde.com/Resources/Articles/Evenements/2016/11/Suspension-de-TV5MONDE-en-Thailande?lang=fr-FR

I phoned today to True to ask the question about TV5. The employee told me TV5 was out the air for 90 days during the celebrations (his own words). I said but the gouvernement said all channels are going back to normal programming since the 14 of November. He answered that they wait for the authorization...I hope your infos are right.

Noticed the Australian channel is gone also.

Just received the notice to renew my subscription and said to renew yearly of you can do monthly. I will not be renewing and I have asked my wife to inform them why we have to pay for repeats and advertising.

6 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

The TV service offered by True Visions in its Gold package costs 1568 per month which is about the same as the cost of satellite TV in the UK.  With the minimum wage in the UK being about ten times that in Thailand, True Vision's cost seems extraordinarily high, added to which they now require a few more hundred baht for channels which previously were included in the package price. As soon as I can find a cheaper legal service, I will change.

p

I'm guessing because they have to pay western prices for the content. But to balance that, the cost of PL football is far, far cheaper than in the UK and there are more matches shown in Thailand. I have no idea why True priced it so cheap (299 or in some cases 199). Maybe to get bulk sales/subscribers?
If you're interested in UK tv and have a decent internet connection then ilikehd isn't bad. They show the footy, including the England matches on ITV as well as the usual UK channels. A Premium package is 450 a month, but the service can be a bit flaky with the stream occasionally dropping out (usually easy to get it back by closing and reopening the browser or switching to the next channel and back again).

4 hours ago, aglae4 said:

I phoned today to True to ask the question about TV5. The employee told me TV5 was out the air for 90 days during the celebrations (his own words). I said but the gouvernement said all channels are going back to normal programming since the 14 of November. He answered that they wait for the authorization...I hope your infos are right.

I went today to their office in Silom Complex and they gave me 50% discount on my Gold package for the next 3 months. I paid the normal price for November. You have to go with your Nov bill and your passport or a copy of the first page then you will have to sign a form written in Thai. I also hope that TV5Monde will be back to normal on the 19 Nov but this being a government decision we should be very worried.

8 hours ago, weegee said:

I was thinking maybe True Vision is about to go to the wall....Yes a lot of good channels have been removed, but the Monthly cost has stayed the same...The programs on most channels are just repeated over and over , sometimes 3 times a day....

One channel shows movies that old, all the actors have been dead for years...

That's getting to be my favorite one now as I haven't seen many of them before and they are not these constant repeats. 

9 hours ago, Zyxel said:

I get TV5 Monde on Thai Digital?

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
It posted itself before I had chance to write anything?

12 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

True is rubbish. So many other options: 

-download your movies or anything for free

- netflix

-filmon.com  for free bbc news and hundreds of other channels for free. 

time to cut the cord....

With the proviso that you have a stable internet supply many I know haven't or can't get internet at all. so true is there only option.

19 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

With the proviso that you have a stable internet supply many I know haven't or can't get internet at all. so true is there only option.

I thought over here in Thailand they had caught all the VPN users on there Netfix so you can now only get Thailand netflix??

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

No idea never used a vpn

So explain how u get those benefits eg: netflix is it Thai Netflix and if so you have to pay for that and I guess the other stuff you quoted?  Or do you not live in Thailand full time and get those from your other country that you occasionally  live in?  Explain more plzz

download your movies or anything for free

- netflix

time to cut the cord....

Edited by whiteman
looks to me that the stuff one would really watch costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on filmon.com

32 minutes ago, whiteman said:

So explain how u get those benefits eg: netflix is it Thai Netflix and if so you have to pay for that and I guess the other stuff you quoted?  Or do you not live in Thailand full time and get those from your other country that you occasionally  live in?  Explain more plzz

- netflix

time to cut the cord....

Erm I'm at a loss I never said I have netflix all I said was some people can't get a stable internet or indeed an Internet conception so true is the only option. I think you are quoting the wrong person sorry.

On 11/17/2016 at 10:19 AM, Old Croc said:

True first announced they were going, then deleted, about six channels several weeks ago. These included Discovery Science and Dmax, channels I frequently watched. The reason given was that the providers were no longer distributing the channels in Asia. I would think it more likely about cost.

They are probably hurting from the influx of internet TV and are paring down the service

This follows on from the suspension of most of the entertainment channels for a month without adjusting their fees. They seem to have a strong bent for the sport of soccer, with up to 10 channels broadcasting it from around the world at any given time. I didn't notice any suspension of broadcasts in this category during that period. 

I've had three boxes, Platinum, for many years, paying yearly.  I'm now in the process of change. I'm not interesting in soccer and with the deteriorating service in other categories, it's time to go.

I think it is the beginning of dark days for True. I'm glad I haven't paid the year in advance this time.

Come, come, the geeky guy with thick-rimmed specs is surely worth his weight in platinum alone with his "Big Important Announcements" on the TSP1 channel!:smile:

Seriously, though, I totally agree with you about the demise of the Discovery Science and DMAX channels. The EVE channel, which screened various Investigation Discovery programmes I liked watching, is also no more on True. If cost lay behind their decision to pull  the plug on these 3 channels,  they should instead have ditched the goddam awful TLC and Lifetime channels in my view.

Edited by OJAS

On 17/11/2016 at 8:39 PM, ghworker2010 said:

True is rubbish. So many other options: 

-download your movies or anything for free

- netflix

time to cut the cord....

- netflix

time to cut the cord....