The Grand Tour

worgeordie

Anyone had a chance to watch it yet ?, viewed it last night, it was very good,

much better than the new Top Gear,looks like Amazon has a winner,while

the BBC will not be happy.

you can see it on  watchseriesgo.to  just enter The Grand Tour on  the search.

regards worgeordie

Yes I watched it last night as well, I rather not say how I got hold of it.

Found the jokes in front of the audience a bit silly. 

The ex nas car driver complains about the BMW M2 in a stupid way.

Okay the test of the super hybrid cars were pretty good.

Far from as good as the best of the Top Gear episodes, but lets see, more to come.

I give it a 6 of of 10.

Maybe the slowest hour or so I can remember......seemed like it just went on and on.......

Car stuff was as good as Top gears ,  but the "Drama" was pretty stupid , 

No idea who this Nascar driver is ,  not a 'Big" name , same as the Belgie "Stig" no idea who he is,,,,,,

But Amazon will be happy , hopefully they can find a way to sell it to non-amazon countries and make some $$$$ back , 

and from the previews clip it looks like it will have a lot of Fun stuff in the next shows

Glad its back....

Saw it last night. It was OK but i thought not as good as the old TG. A lot of the programme was just a series of contrived, and not really funny, jokes, like fighting with the audience and killing off the guests. The best bits were of course about the cars. Missed the celebrity in a reasonably priced car, i suppose they are not allowed to do that.

I watched the Grand Tour on Saturday. I thought that the production values were very high, and it was obvious from the start that their budget was very large: the opening sequence was very well done. I wasnt sure about the idea of presenting the show from different countries, as they seemed to spend a lot of time translating English words and ideas for the benefit of the "colonials". It's obvious why Amazon wanted a global approach though. I enjoyed the banter but found the car test segments to be very boring (I'm not interested in cars). I was waiting for an amusing "road trip" segment in some exotic location with challenges, which never really appeared. It may be that they are prevented from doing this by their agreement with the BBC, in which case the series may rapidly become quite dull.

However nothing could possibly be as boring and just plain naff as the new Top Gear, with or without the twin prats Chris Evans and Matt Leblanc. Which producer thought of having chefs cooking on the back of motorbikes? Talk about dumbing down. "I'm a celebrity, get me out of this TV series."

I think they will get into a groove after a few shows ,  and next season go back to a base in the UK or UK and California

what made the old show fun was the the specials around the world ,  test driving cars we will never own ,  silly things like driving to France or building a camper , and just joking around ,  and of course the crashes !

I hope they post a backstage view of the "Burning man" scene so we can see some of the crazy cars,

Amazon has enough money to keep the insanity going , hopefully the "Boys" have enough crazy ideas

And insulting    the "Yanks"  was expected but was way too long , stupid and ended up insulting the RAF ,  

there are still lots of TG on you tube to compare the 2 ..........lets hope Grand Tour stays around long enough to get as good as TG was

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

just finished watching fast forwarding through episode two. enough said.

how can I get that hour of my life back ?

well the Vulcan was good.........where is Spock when we need a new Stig

What a waste of money to film that.......

Leave the tent at home , tell the New Stig to shut up , 

This is a CAR show , lets see more cars and less   BS ,  this got a 1 out of 5 ,

Hey there is always next week.......

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Me too, that army assault course thing (which occupied most of the programme) was stupid.

They did similar things on Top Gear (army assault course) but perhaps not for quite so long, and top Gear had it's fair share of silly segments, like destroying caravans etc. I just fast forward through all the rubbish now and just watch actual road tests.

21 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Chuckin nuts seffa style was rather amusing  but they shoulda had " Ugly Boy" by Die Antwoord playing instead of the techno dribble.

Must have fast fowarded that, what the hell is "chuckin nuts seffa style"?

ep1 was ok, ep2 i spent a lot of time fast forwarding, here's hoping ep3 will be better, if not then why waste an hour of the time i have left for ep4

agree celebrity kill is plain stupid,  the army training segment was too long.

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

ep1 was ok, ep2 i spent a lot of time fast forwarding, here's hoping ep3 will be better, if not then why waste an hour of the time i have left for ep4

agree celebrity kill is plain stupid,  the army training segment was too long.

As Jitar said Ep 3 much better, back to their old ways  :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Anyway have a link to Grand Tour episodes ? 

all the ones on YouTube seem to be bogus and send you to another link to watch them

they seem like a scam / virus pit that I do not want to click on !

and not a Torrent

Thanks for your help

PS....also top gear if its worth watching anymore

Anyway have a link to Grand Tour episodes ? 

all the ones on YouTube seem to be bogus and send you to another link to watch them

they seem like a scam / virus pit that I do not want to click on !

and not a Torrent

Thanks for your help

PS....also top gear if its worth watching anymore

Top Gear is much better this year, now that the ginger <deleted> has gone.