How Much History Do you Have in Bangkok?

Inspire

7 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

You need to get out more I don't live there but a very quick internet trawl throws up many around the 7k mark

http://www.thaiapartment.com/apartment/lee-garden-bangkok-suanluang-6498

The RentHub website had loads for 7K and up. Some are very nice.

Once you get away from the city center, prices plummet.

And long gone are the days when a cheap apartment meant a prison cell with a single, tiny window.

29 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Any westerner who finds himself in a 7k "very nice" condo on the outskirts of Bangkok where nobody speaks English will be in a deep Deep depression within a month.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

So now it's the location before it was 7k condos did not exist  at least your consistent in your defence. the post was 7k condos you said "I've lived there 12 years and never seen such a thing "

Pointed out there is, so there is no need to change the parameters of your statement to try justify yourself. 

So now it's the location before it was 7k condos did not exist  at least your consistent in your defence. the post was 7k condos you said "I've lived there 12 years and never seen such a thing "
Pointed out there is, so there is no need to change the parameters of your statement to try justify yourself. 

Im getting the feeling your stalking me.
There are no nice 7k condos for westerners who want to live around westerners that's a fact!

41 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Im getting the feeling your stalking me.
There are no nice 7k condos for westerners who want to live around westerners that's a fact!

Stork8ng you why would I be l. you stated no condos for 7k can you just admit your wrong gracefully. Accept you were mistaken. stop changing your statements to suit.

Stork8ng you why would I be l. you stated no condos for 7k can you just admit your wrong gracefully. Accept you were mistaken. stop changing your statements to suit.

Your freaking me out lol
There are 2k rooms if you want to share with 3 hookers. That's probably the better option or you can sleep on 7/11 steps for free

Are you really that thick?

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

Your freaking me out lol
There are 2k rooms if you want to share with 3 hookers. That's probably the better option or you can sleep on 7/11 steps for free

Are you really that thick?

Seems to me you are read your own post and stop trying to look good and changing your story very very bad losser  losser being the correct word. I never called you a freak self judgment maybe

5 hours ago, mcfish said:

Any westerner who finds himself in a 7k "very nice" condo on the outskirts of Bangkok where nobody speaks English will be in a deep Deep depression within a month.

Here's a couple in the Sathorn Road area:

1. http://www.renthub.in.th/en/the-enrich-sathorn

2. http://www.renthub.in.th/en/st-louis-residence

Prices start at 7k - 8.5k; both come with free wifi and large TVs.

For the second one, the St Louis Residence, click the gallery tab and take a look at the bathroom. The place also has a microwave and kitchen area. Looks pretty nice to me!

Note that only the newer place are like this: older apartments are often horrible.

First came 1967- Don Muang Airport had no air conditioning- we had to find the IO and wake him up. Baggage came in by trolley all in a bunch- you had to get your own and then carry it to customs. No trolleys or porters.

NOne of the taxis had air conditioning and you bargained for price to go anywhere.

First hotel I stayed in was the Reno at about 50 Baht per night- it's still there.  No Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza. There were a few bars on Patpong. All the action was on Petchaburi Road.

It took about 5-6 hours to get to pattaya by car- no expressways. Pattaya had only 1 modern hotel and no nightlife. It was pristine- so clean and people so friendly. I remember having a dinner for 2 of huge Prawns and other dishes for about 100 Baht.

There Were not many Westerners in Bangkok- people actually stopped and stared when they saw you. LIfe was simpler; not a lot of traffic and the weather seemed much cooler even during the hot season.

There was an allowed entry for 15 days but no extension.A visa could be obtained that allowed 30 days .  Anyone wanting an extension had to place a bond of the equivalent of US$1000 in a Thai bank I also remember the Thai government at one point opened up residence permits for the asking and provided lifetime work permits. I never opted for these but I know a few people who did who are still here.

Bangkok was much nicer in thos days. the advent of tourism and the complications of the huge costs of living increase and family pressures have made Bangkok into another New York, London or Tokyo.  there are still some nices places if you know where to go but I now prefer the serenity of the countryside. Some people call it progress and globalization.  I call it greed and exploitation by the wealthy of the poor.

I've used the Reno, probably same staff! Good location.

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

10 hours ago, mcfish said:

Really Fish..."Any" westerner??? That is painting with a very broad brush. Maybe YOU and others possibly, but I, for one, am not. I welcome it! Don't need other westerners around at all. Get my fill of them right here on  :WPFflags: 

Really Fish..."Any" westerner??? That is painting with a very broad brush. Maybe YOU and others possibly, but I, for one, am not. I welcome it! Don't need other westerners around at all. Get my fill of them right here on  :WPFflags: 

Im flexible. That's a good post indeed

Im flexible. That's a good post indeed

10 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Seems to me you are read your own post and stop trying to look good and changing your story very very bad losser  losser being the correct word. I never called you a freak self judgment maybe

losser is the correct word for what??

8 hours ago, Fabricus said:

Here's a couple in the Sathorn Road area:

1. http://www.renthub.in.th/en/the-enrich-sathorn

2. http://www.renthub.in.th/en/st-louis-residence

Prices start at 7k - 8.5k; both come with free wifi and large TVs.

For the second one, the St Louis Residence, click the gallery tab and take a look at the bathroom. The place also has a microwave and kitchen area. Looks pretty nice to me!

Note that only the newer place are like this: older apartments are often horrible.

You only strengthen the opposing argument.

St Louis starts at 8,500, the other is over the river. Like going from Liverpool to Birkenhead. Useful information though, thank you.

Back in August of 2016.. wow we had some good times.. how things have changed. 

Things were so much cheaper and foreigners had it so much easier in thailand... also only the good guys were in and all the bad guys were out. 

They were the days.