New Mazda CX5

Johnniey

I assume, it will take about 1 year until it is available in Thailand. Europe and the USA will get it Spring, Australia in Summer 2017.

In the past, the delay was about 2 years. Meanwhile, Mazda has build up its capacities for Skyavtiv technology in the ASEAN, too.

We already own the current CX-5 and are very happy with it. Personally I am waiting for a larger version (CX-7?) which may come to Thailand.

The gorgeous CX-9 is only for selected markets and costs a fortune here in Thailand.

My Mazda dealer got the info from Mazda Thailand, that a new 7-seater is very probable.

We will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

With the exception of the Mazda 2, Mazda Thailand are so slow bringing new cars/updates out. Sometimes a year late. I do hope this car gets released next year sometime, with the new Diesel engine. I doubt the Thai version will get the latest 2.5 turbo promised for other markets in the future

21 hours ago, ChesneyHawkes said:

Keep track of what's happening with the CX-5 in Malaysia as the Thai ones come from there.

CX-9 has a hefty price as it's imported from Japan, so you can put its "pricing philosophy" in the same bracket as the German imports.

Good advice, thanks. I really want this car but don't want to wait more than 6 months.

With the exception of the Mazda 2, Mazda Thailand are so slow bringing new cars/updates out. Sometimes a year late. I do hope this car gets released next year sometime, with the new Diesel engine. I doubt the Thai version will get the latest 2.5 turbo promised for other markets in the future

Mazda Thailand was slow in the past. We had to wait many years for the first generation of the CX-5. All other new models (Mazda 2, 3 and CX-3) arrived within a year.

The 2.5 l turbo was not promised by Mazda for other markets. But many (as me...) hope that it will be bailable for the CX-5, too.

I am still hoping for a new 7-seater (below the CX-9).

Mazda Thailand was slow in the past. We had to wait many years for the first generation of the CX-5. All other new models (Mazda 2, 3 and CX-3) arrived within a year.

The 2.5 l turbo was not promised by Mazda for other markets. But many (as me...) hope that it will be bailable for the CX-5, too.

I am still hoping for a new 7-seater (below the CX-9).

Waiting over a year from show launch for the CX3 was a pita. I delayed my purchase, in the end it was too small for me. Also Mazda Thailand offer zero prior info on release dates. Customers can't plan a purchase which surely impacts their sales. Hopefully they will get their act together with this one.

[...] Also Mazda Thailand offer zero prior info on release dates. Customers can't plan a purchase which surely impacts their sales. [...]

I always get quite good information from my dealer in Petchburi. We are a good customers and Mazda Petchburi is one of the biggest dealer in Thailand. Maybe they get more information than smaller dealers?

Normally new Mazda models are available end if the year or in Spring, around the big motor shows.

It can help to inform your dealer, that you want to buy the new CX-5. We have done this with the first CX-5 where I noticed them very early. So I got preliminary information some weeks before the official release date and could reserve my car.

My dealer always gets about 5 vehicles at launch and you can make a reservation for one of these vehicles.

In late 2015 I was asking at least 3 dealers when the facelift cx5 was due; they couldn't have been less interested. Even at the motor show they hadn't a clue. But having said that, the Mazda dealer in ekkamai were great at getting back to me with the exact date once they knew when it was due. But by then I'd pretty much decided on an HRV

In late 2015 I was asking at least 3 dealers when the facelift cx5 was due; they couldn't have been less interested.

The dealers are very different. The Mazda dealer in my home town is also not very motivated. So we go to this big dealer even I have to drive 1 hour.

My dealer is always very good informed.

I wasn't so interested in the facelift at first instance. But my dealer let me see the new model and showed me the specs. They also already checked the sales price for my «old» CX-5 and how to finance the new model.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived