Documents to get motorbike driving license for Thai ?

hello, has anybody been with a Thai to get a motorbike driving license ? Before I get mad with one staff I want to bring her to get one, can you tell me what documents she needs ?

And she said that she needs 2 days to get it, is it true ? Can we pay a little bit more to get it faster ? I guess she already knows how to drive, she has been driving 10 years without license....

Thank you for your reports.

Edited by seedy
Long Title

A Thai person can get a motorcycle DL by just sitting a computer test.

A practical test.

The lady in question can find out what's she needs from the nearest DLT office.

You don't say where you are but in Bkk there are places you can book and pay money to pass in 1 day from memory, may have changed that l dunno. 

Ask in motorbike forum.

Edited by Kwasaki

3 minutes ago, questionsreplies said:

Yes I confirm that it now takes 2 days, but do you know anybody who can help to get it in 1 day ?

We're are you in thailand?.

you can't get it in one day  in possible .

you just need thai Id and  medical certificate .

she could be driving for 20 years dose not mean she will pass, can she drive slow for 10 seconds for 20 mts in a  straight line , that is the hardest part of the test .

just took my thai to get her car license , and was watching the bike test just a joke .

but I say this if you are in the north east of thailand issan you could be in for a big wait , because lots of Thais are try to get in before January because the license gets a lot harder after December.

my thai was told had to wait 2 months to look at the  video part of the license and I was not happy then I went to try somewhere else and was told the same thing, but I was lucky the teacher who was taken the tests told us you can go to this  University in ???? The next city and watch the  video then the next day you go to the testing station and do the  exam and come  back the next day and do the driving test .

that way it takes 3 days .

the testing station are flat out trying to get though hundreds of people before January.

300 thi bht for the video at the University

205 thai bht for the license if she gets through.

lots will not go to the uni because they don't want to pay the 300 thai bht  extra .

hop it helps you 

I guess she already knows how to drive, she has been driving 10 years without license....

Along with another 5 million, which is why Thailand has one of the worst road death records in the world.

The actual riding part is easy, it's the Theory test they can't pass, but for a few thousand baht even Noddy can get a licence.

You'll want to DL with a MC endorsement and an International Drivers license issued from your home country.  Then all you need to do is view a safety video and take an eye test.  Otherwise you're on the hook to take a written and a practical test. 

Edited by connda

10 hours ago, dentonian said:

Along with another 5 million, which is why Thailand has one of the worst road death records in the world.

The actual riding part is easy, it's the Theory test they can't pass, but for a few thousand baht even Noddy can get a licence.

The riding part is a joke , not like back home in Australia very hard .

the ex Thais daughter took 6 go's at the theory test and 2 go's at the riding . 

yes the place is a joke , if you see the car test you would just laugh , there was one lady trying to past had been back 6 times to try and pass the drive close to the roadside curb she  filed again so has to go back in 3 days , and on the same day 

one thai turns up hi so great looking she would have been 19 years old   new Honda to do the test again because she could not pass 3 days ago , you see if file you have to go back after 3 days .

well she filed again and the funny thing is she drive to the testing station with no license DELETED

how I know I was getting my thai her license she got it after one go but when she filed the first time I took her to the  local car park and made her redo  simulation of the test for 2 hours so when we went back after 3 days she passed.

i have been teaching my thai to drive like we do back home in Australia not like in thailand and she now is ok driving but I have been teaching her for 4 months.

DELETED . 

I would tell her how bad the driving is in thailand and she would say what you care it is in thailand not like your country but now she has her thai driving license she now tells me how bad the driving is here .

it is a lot  different when they have to drive and not be a back seat driver.

now she understand why I complain so much about very bad driving  habits in thailand.

Edited by seedy
Derogatory

I share the experiences from post #4.

She needs the medical certificate which is laughable.

If she can hand her ID over the counter she has it in a few minutes.

As far as I remember it's good for 30 days.

If the office does it in two days, it's two days (like mine).

I can't tell you where she has to go for a one day exercise.

I doubt that there is a legal way to speed up,

They have their plan and will not deviate.

I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment.

1 hour ago, bberrythailand said:

Thank you for the replies.

So at Chonburi eastern center near pattaya it will take 2 days ?

No confirmation about how to speed it up ?

Does anybody know if the 2 days have to be done in a row ? Or after the first day you can do the second one any day in the future ?

You have no hop of getting it speed up , you have to do it in 2 days.

you can go 2 days in a row .

i will tell you this buy her a book on leaning the road laws or she will   Fail the test for sure .

most Thais like your one who has been driving with no license for 10 years like you say have no idea about the road laws , how can she , she never had a license.

so take my word for it she will not pass if she dose not read the book .

you have to get 45 out of 50 right or you go back in 3 days .

not sure about doing one day then wait  awhile and do the next day .

4 hours ago, georgemandm said:

You have no hop of getting it speed up , you have to do it in 2 days.

you can go 2 days in a row .

i will tell you this buy her a book on leaning the road laws or she will   Fail the test for sure .

most Thais like your one who has been driving with no license for 10 years like you say have no idea about the road laws , how can she , she never had a license.

so take my word for it she will not pass if she dose not read the book .

you have to get 45 out of 50 right or you go back in 3 days .

not sure about doing one day then wait  awhile and do the next day .

DELETED

Can anybody explain what will be done the first day ? And then the second day ?

Why 2 full days ?

Thanks to all.

Edited by seedy
Derogatory

My daughter in law went for her bike licence yesterday. Did all the academic test stuff. Has appointment for December 6 to go back for riding test. Even offering a "donation" couldn't get the riding test any sooner.

ID & medical certificate all that is required. As stated above, medical is a joke. 50 baht to receptionist & had certificate, "while you wait." No doctor in attendance.

6 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

DELETED

Can anybody explain what will be done the first day ? And then the second day ?

Why 2 full days ?

Thanks to all.

Not sure if you have been reading my post I explained it all but I will give it to you again.

Day 1 the  video to look at in the morning then test  written after that .

Day 2 the driving test .

not sure if we're you are you can go two days in a row , but in issan we're I am you can .

51 minutes ago, malt25 said:

My daughter in law went for her bike licence yesterday. Did all the academic test stuff. Has appointment for December 6 to go back for riding test. Even offering a "donation" couldn't get the riding test any sooner.

ID & medical certificate all that is required. As stated above, medical is a joke. 50 baht to receptionist & had certificate, "while you wait." No doctor in attendance.

You got rep off on the medical my thai paid 20 thai bht 2 weeks ago .

yes it is just a joke , but back home people don't need a medical for a license. 

Not understand why it is like that here .

Day 1:

Do physical tests (color, peripheral vision, reaction).

About 6 hours of tutoring by two different tutors, in between video watching (all in Thai language of course).

A couple of attendants sleeping.

Day 1 start about 9:00h, finish about 16:00h.

Day 2:

from about 9h to 11h theory test, sitting and waiting for a test computer available.

The young Thais sitting endless over the questions. 1h maximum as far as I know.

Needed less than 10 min.

Long break.

15h: driving test. All attendants ready about 15:45h.

About 16:15h printing and handing over/paying DL.

This was in upcountry. I am NOT in Chonburi/Pattaya!

Sure they could try to pack all in one day.

Escpecially day 2 is mainly sitting/waiting.

Long break during driving.

Our upcountry office is poorly staffed, also some test instruments and overhead projector defect.

Maybe the offices in the rich areas can do it one day?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...