TV channels set to resume normal programming

webfact

TV channels set to resume normal programming
By WATCHIRANONT THONGTEP 
THE NATION 

BANGKOK: -- STARTING FROM THIS WEEK, most new entertainment television programmes will resumed on free-to-air TV stations to stimulate audience ratings while advertisers are still waiting for the appropriate time to run their paid commercials, the chief of media business association said.

Triluj Navamarat, chairman of the Media Agency Association of Thailand (MAAT), said last week about 90 per cent of normal TV programmes on local free-to-air television stations will return to normal.

“This change was advised early this month by the broadcasting committee of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission [NBTC] to manage public sentiment after the passing of His Majesty the King in mid-October,” Triluj explained.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30300421

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-21

Whatever happened to TRUE Visions' supposed announcement on 15 Nov about how they would compensate members for restricted programming etc. during the first 30 day mourning period, or did I just manage to miss it ?

My monthly bill is due in anytime now so maybe all will be revealed and of course maybe it won't.

I understand there was comment on social media early on that no adjustments should be made as it was a sacrifice we should be willingly making but I certainly don't subscribe to that view. 

Edited by NongKhaiKid

8 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Whatever happened to TRUE Visions' supposed announcement on 15 Nov about how they would compensate members for restricted programming etc. during the first 30 day mourning period, or did I just manage to miss it ?

My monthly bill is due in anytime now so maybe all will be revealed and of course maybe it won't.

I understand there was comment on social media early on that no adjustments should be made as it was a sacrifice we should be willingly making but I certainly don't subscribe to that view. 

I actually called them the other day and asked the same questions..and of course no one had any answers...was wondering when we get back all the channels that we paid for, when the color comes back, etc etc...They did tell me they would follow up with me this week so I plan to stay on top of it. 

Just now, Lingba said:

I actually called them the other day and asked the same questions..and of course no one had any answers...was wondering when we get back all the channels that we paid for, when the color comes back, etc etc...They did tell me they would follow up with me this week so I plan to stay on top of it. 

Thanks for that, it would be worthwhile for TRUE members to follow your example just in case they ' forget '.

It's an arse state of  a company to not give a toss about its customers and send a simple message, no matter how that will be done, to simply applogize for the service disruption. I am not even going further to the issue of the compensation. Just the fact they decided to essentially tell us to sod off by not communicating paints the corporate ethic in this country. Appaling to the bone.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Heaven forbid that you do anything remotely like adhere to the culture of the Thai people, which includes reverence of the late monarch.  You go ahead and represent all those illiterate foreigners that are not willing to integrate and need there own special language TV. Those that are locked into their rooms with a couple of screens as they are too superior to go out and actually live and aid in forming a plural society. Better to let them know your great intent to isolate.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

unlucky then, something more to moan about.

46 minutes ago, kotsak said:

It's an arse state of  a company to not give a toss about its customers and send a simple message, no matter how that will be done, to simply applogize for the service disruption. I am not even going further to the issue of the compensation. Just the fact they decided to essentially tell us to sod off by not communicating paints the corporate ethic in this country. Appaling to the bone.

Or you could understand the situation and stop moaning

55 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Heaven forbid that you do anything remotely like adhere to the culture of the Thai people, which includes reverence of the late monarch.  You go ahead and represent all those illiterate foreigners that are not willing to integrate and need there own special language TV. Those that are locked into their rooms with a couple of screens as they are too superior to go out and actually live and aid in forming a plural society. Better to let them know your great intent to isolate.

You know nothing about me, how much I've integrated and so on but far be it from me to prevent you expounding your own boring viewpoint which includes a nasty attitude towards those who don't meet your questionable standards.

You keep telling us how much you want Thai nationality and you certainly have the right attitude, just a pity you'll always be a foreigner.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Still no answer from TrueVisions or Discovery Channel about the disappearance of DMAX and five other paid channels 1 November that they claimed "the content provider will no longer be supplying to SE Asia". Funny that the programme schedule for DMAX Asia is still being updated and published on the web when the channel has been deleted?

http://www.discoverychannelasia.com/tv-listings/discovery-turbo/

Can't possibly be them trying to force us to upgrade our package to minimum Gold for an extra 1000 baht per month to get access to these programmes on Discovery Channel, can it?

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Thanks for that, it would be worthwhile for TRUE members to follow your example just in case they ' forget '.

They did tell me they would give me 15% off the next time I renew...I told them I wanted 15% off now...that's when they said they would get back to me...I'll give them a few days and call again...and as you stated...everyone with True should call them and insist on compensation

3 hours ago, Lingba said:

And of course they were too lazy to find out for you.

47 minutes ago, Lingba said:

They did tell me they would give me 15% off the next time I renew...I told them I wanted 15% off now...that's when they said they would get back to me...I'll give them a few days and call again...and as you stated...everyone with True should call them and insist on compensation

There's something in this country that is very important in living harmoniously. It is something called, "greng jai" which doesn't have an exact English translation as it doesn't exist in Western countries. 

In situations like this, for example when my 2 internet providers go down at the same time, I can let it bother me or spend an hour trying to make the internet providers know I am right. As I've learned from experience, it isn't worth the bother as they never give discounts. Get another one if you're not happy with us, which is fair enough and I do sometimes. However, many Western people I know have this attitude that they'd rather be right than happy - good luck to you! Personally, I've learned that it is better to be happy and save time and mental energy fighting for my rights, which I don't have. Can't let those pesky Siamese get the better of me! :cheesy:

Edited by Johnniey

I called TrueVision about TV5Monde (788) being deprogrammed 24h a day since Oct 14th and their answer was that the government has decided a blockage of this channel (and some other foreign channels I think) for 90 days after the death of the king and there is nothing they can do about it. I went to one of their offices last week and easily got a 50% discount on my 2 Gold packages for the next 3 months starting December, I paid for November full price though. Even if you don't watch TV5Monde I encourage you to go to their office and get some discount, few days mourning is OK but 90 days is too much IMO especially when most others news and entertainment foreign channels where hardly affected.

Edited by Zyxel

Sometimes I wonder what all those professional moaners and complainers do here, or if it is the same person always moaning and posting condescending comments.

Regarding True it is actually not their fault that some channels have been down or disrupted and if you are so poor that you need tho whine about a few hundred baht discount I suggest you go back to where you came from and live off the welfare system in your country. 

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

You know nothing about me, how much I've integrated and so on but far be it from me to prevent you expounding your own boring viewpoint which includes a nasty attitude towards those who don't meet your questionable standards.

You keep telling us how much you want Thai nationality and you certainly have the right attitude, just a pity you'll always be a foreigner.

Excuse me -  when have ever told you I want Thai nationality? You have mentioned this more than once which suggests you have a chip on your shoulder about something.  Is it because you can't get it for being on a retiree? 

What do you mean I have the right attitude to get Thai nationality? You just can't help putting down Thais, can you? Sweeping generalizations every second post. Chill out and go down the pub for a half pint and a nip and talk about the war and the good old days:)

Every single post almost, it is very tedious to those who have adopted this wonderful country as our home, married local people etc. 

Edited by Johnniey

2 hours ago, philcobkk said:

Sometimes I wonder what all those professional moaners and complainers do here, or if it is the same person always moaning and posting condescending comments.

Regarding True it is actually not their fault that some channels have been down or disrupted and if you are so poor that you need tho whine about a few hundred baht discount I suggest you go back to where you came from and live off the welfare system in your country. 

There does seem to be one who consistently moans. A few hundred baht is actually quite a large chunk off a minimum UK pension these days. I assume living here on a pittance is better than living on welfare in their own countries. I hope by the time I get my old age pension(in 13 years), I'll have grown spiritually and be able to accept the things which I have absolutely no control over. 

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Excuse me -  when have ever told you I want Thai nationality? You have mentioned this more than once which suggests you have a chip on your shoulder about something.  Is it because you can't get it for being on a retiree? 

What do you mean I have the right attitude to get Thai nationality? You just can't help putting down Thais, can you? Sweeping generalizations every second post. Chill out and go down the pub for a half pint and a nip and talk about the war and the good old days:)

Every single post almost, it is very tedious to those who have adopted this wonderful country as our home, married local people etc. 

So you've never posted about having applied for Thai nationality ?

6 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So you've never posted about having applied for Thai nationality ?

Nope.  But according to you I keep telling you. Shouldn't be hard to find such a post should it?

Edited by Johnniey