Pattaya "pool in the sea" latest - prosecution being prepared

webfact

Pattaya "pool in the sea" latest - prosecution being prepared

p4.jpg

Picture: tnamcot

PATTAYA: -- The case of the hotel in Pattaya that has built a pool jutting out into the sea for use by its guests is being prosecuted.

Though various media outlets have reported that the pool has been there for many years it has only recently been acted upon by the Pattaya harbor master's office and local officials, reports tnamcot.

The offending pool is in front of the Golden Cliff House Hotel in Pratumnak 5.

Thai News Agency reporters who went to the hotel yesterday found it operating as normal though the pool was closed. Owner Wattanan Yimlamai was not available for interview, they said.

Their report stated that the hotel had permission to operate on a monthly basis but permission for the daily rental of rooms was only in the application process.

The hotel is being prosecuted under a 1979 bylaw after local officials served notice and laid the matter before the local court.

A forum poster said at the weekend that to his knowledge the pool had been there at least five years while other media said it may have been there as long as two decades with nothing being done.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-21

33 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Everyone has known it's there..Tessaban included of course....but the fare was paid.

Unfortunately, someone finally noticed it was wrong......but, I really can't see a 40t excavator with hammer starting work here soon!

That's what they said about Surin Beach. Local officials can't be trusted to stop these things because they profit from them. The PM will have this taken care of. He's the trustworthy one.  

You gotta hand it to the hotel for having the cajones to build an obviously illegal structure but it's days are numbered. 

3 hours ago, Pinot said:

That's what they said about Surin Beach. Local officials can't be trusted to stop these things because they profit from them. The PM will have this taken care of. He's the trustworthy one.  

You gotta hand it to the hotel for having the cajones to build an obviously illegal structure but it's days are numbered. 

you would have to take down virtually every building on the seaward side of pattaya's walking street. I believe every single one is encroaching on the  beach beyond high tide mark, which is crown property

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Though various media outlets have reported that the pool has been there for many years it has only recently been acted upon by the Pattaya harbor master's office and local officials

Possibly due to a new administration down at City Hall???

Just now, eddie61 said:

you would have to take down virtually every building on the seaward side of pattaya's walking street. I believe every single one is encroaching on the  beach beyond high tide mark, which is crown property

And you believe it will not happen???

This is the hotel where my very good friends from Denmark lost their young son who was electrocuted because of bad wiring in this salt water pool. Both our families were left devastated with no sympathy or concern from the hotel. Karma is a bitch. I hope they tear the bloody lot down. 

• 3 weeks later...