The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

Again, it was what Obama did, almost right to the very end. I recall very little that he accepted, as his responsibility. Trump has inherited a mess, but with such a short time in office, I'll wait a little while and see what happens.

And still people keep believing Trump. Incredible.

sent using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess it must be easier to believe that the "Russians" did it that to admit that HRC was such an appalling candidate that almost all the states rejected her.

No doubt if the "Russians" weren't a convenient scapegoat ( ?fake news ) some other reason would have been invented by the leftist liberals to explain why their candidate was rejected.

It's been proven the Russians did it.  No fake news there.  Unless you read Breitbart. LOL

Yes, HRC was an appalling candidate, but that's behind us.  We're talking about Trump now.

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You are saying Obama didn't inherit a mess?  Read up on his first day in office and what he had to deal with.  It was incredible.  And in the end, he dealt with it and brought the US back from the brink of collapse.  An incredible job.  Like him or not.

In the same amount of time, Trump has only created mass chaos, not only in the US, but around the world.

Read about his latest press release.  Unreal, full of deflections and lies.  Typical Trump.  Listen to the analysis by Tapper.  He puts it very succinctly.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/donald-trump-press-conference-amazing-day-in-history/index.html

LOL. Obama did inherit a mess, but one brought on by all the establishment and politicians, none of which tried to stop it, even though they were warned what was coming.

The problem with Obama's "solution" was that it didn't fix the problem, the wrong people paid to "fix" it, no one responsible went to jail, and it didn't allow the banks to fail.

So, the banks are now trying to do the same thing, and it's all going to fall down again.

If Trump is creating "chaos" in the world, it is because the world is so corrupt that it had to fall down sometime and apparently the sometime is now. Would have happened anyway, even if HRC had been president.

I guess it must be easier to believe that the "Russians" did it that to admit that HRC was such an appalling candidate that almost all the states rejected her.
No doubt if the "Russians" weren't a convenient scapegoat ( ?fake news ) some other reason would have been invented by the leftist liberals to explain why their candidate was rejected.

She is and was very unpopular by 'leftist liberals', who in general agree she was an appalling candidate. So no need at all for a scapegoat.
Still, the Russians were interfering with the US elections.

sent using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Obama did inherit a mess, but one brought on by all the establishment and politicians, none of which tried to stop it, even though they were warned what was coming.

The problem with Obama's "solution" was that it didn't fix the problem, the wrong people paid to "fix" it, no one responsible went to jail, and it didn't allow the banks to fail.

So, the banks are now trying to do the same thing, and it's all going to fall down again.

If Trump is creating "chaos" in the world, it is because the world is so corrupt that it had to fall down sometime and apparently the sometime is now. Would have happened anyway, even if HRC had been president.

Agree with your first statement, but not the second.  Yes, the world is corrupt.  But so far, Trump has done nothing to solve that problem.  Banning Muslims and building a wall won't solve that problem.  He needs to up his game, quit telling lies, and become a president.  Which he hasn't so far.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/16/media/media-bashing-donald-trump-press-conference/index.html

Trump attacks media in lengthy, combative press conference

During his remarks, Trump made several statements about the media that were either untrue or misleading. He claimed reporters at The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal did not reach out to him before writing certain stories. Both stories he cited note that the reporters tried to get comment from the White House.

The president also called recent stories about his campaign advisers' communications with Russia "fake news" and repeatedly said the New York Times was "failing."

"Well the leaks are real," he said. "You're the one that wrote about them and reported them, I mean the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake."

He's lost the plot.  But doubt he ever had it in the first place.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You are saying Obama didn't inherit a mess?  Read up on his first day in office and what he had to deal with.  It was incredible.  And in the end, he dealt with it and brought the US back from the brink of collapse.  An incredible job.  Like him or not.

In the same amount of time, Trump has only created mass chaos, not only in the US, but around the world.

Read about his latest press release.  Unreal, full of deflections and lies.  Typical Trump.  Listen to the analysis by Tapper.  He puts it very succinctly.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/donald-trump-press-conference-amazing-day-in-history/index.html

Don't know what else to say except to bullshit. I saw some of Obama's and Hillary's work first hand.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

A classic example of a die-hard (dying breed) Lemming with a last desparate gasp:

But, but, but, Hillary... Yawn.

Along with a parroting of their choice pick for President:

"Fake News"

And as a Topping, a stereotypical, marginalizing label:

"Leftist Liberal".

Pathetic.

:coffee1:

Agree with your first statement, but not the second.  Yes, the world is corrupt.  But so far, Trump has done nothing to solve that problem.  Banning Muslims and building a wall won't solve that problem.  He needs to up his game, quit telling lies, and become a president.  Which he hasn't so far.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/16/media/media-bashing-donald-trump-press-conference/index.html

He's lost the plot.  But doubt he ever had it in the first place.

You just don't get it. Trump is doing what presidents are supposed to do and looking after America first. He's said it often enough, so why is it that the anti Trumpers don't either believe it or don't want to?

It's not his job to look after the rest of the world, no matter what previous presidents have done. Personally, I don't think he cares much about the rest of the world. That may be good or bad, but it's my opinion.

In the last 100 years we have had presidents that started unjustified wars, supported illegal military action against other countries, supported coups against legal governments and generally caused mayhem throughout the world. The last one didn't start any wars or coups, but he sure lied a lot ( "I'm going to close Guantanamo", Obama care- you can keep your Dr., it'll be cheaper etc etc ).So, why is Trump the "demon" president? I can only assume because of sour grapes and that the present generations are the most self entitled ever to inherit the world- they just can't stand that they lost, after being told they are little princes and princesses their whole life ( IMO ).

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You just don't get it. Trump is doing what presidents are supposed to do and looking after America first. He's said it often enough, so why is it that the anti Trumpers don't either believe it or don't want to?

It's not his job to look after the rest of the world, no matter what previous presidents have done. Personally, I don't think he cares much about the rest of the world. That may be good or bad, but it's my opinion.

In the last 100 years we have had presidents that started unjustified wars, supported illegal military action against other countries, supported coups against legal governments and generally caused mayhem throughout the world. The last one didn't start any wars or coups, but he sure lied a lot ( "I'm going to close Guantanamo", Obama care- you can keep your Dr., it'll be cheaper etc etc ).So, why is Trump the "demon" president? I can only assume because of sour grapes and that the present generations are the most self entitled ever to inherit the world- they just can't stand that they lost, after being told they are little princes and princesses their whole life ( IMO ).

Trump is not doing what presidents are suppose to do.   They are not suppose to lie!  Understand?  He loses all credibility when he lies.  About anything.  I wasn't anti Trump until recently.  He's yet to prove he's presidential material.  And at a 40% approval rating, a majority of Americans think that way.

As for the rest of the world, the US is a mainstay of the global economy.  So yes, it's up to countries like the US, China, Germany, the UK, Japan, etc, to have global interests in mind when they make decisions.  As these decisions will impact their own economies.  We are a global community now.  You can't live in isolation.

18 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Trump is not doing what presidents are suppose to do.   They are not suppose to lie!  Understand?  He loses all credibility when he lies.  About anything.  I wasn't anti Trump until recently.  He's yet to prove he's presidential material.  And at a 40% approval rating, a majority of Americans think that way.

As for the rest of the world, the US is a mainstay of the global economy.  So yes, it's up to countries like the US, China, Germany, the UK, Japan, etc, to have global interests in mind when they make decisions.  As these decisions will impact their own economies.  We are a global community now.  You can't live in isolation.

You know, I just assumed Trump was lying today when he said his approval rating had hit 55%, but apparently he wasn't. :shock1:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb16

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

You know, I just assumed Trump was lying today when he said his approval rating had hit 55%, but apparently he wasn't. :shock1:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb16

There is some criticism against their polls.  I'd trust Gallup or CNN before these guys.  Both show Trump's approval rating in the mid 40% range.

37 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

There is some criticism against their polls.  I'd trust Gallup or CNN before these guys.  Both show Trump's approval rating in the mid 40% range.

CNN?  who said Clinton's easy win?  had Clinton way ahead?  I remember CNN's reporters laughing at anyone who suggested Trump would win - they were SO smug I'll never trust them again (or any Poll for that matter)

Resisting institutionally!

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/american-institutions-are-fighting-back-against-trump/516759/

American Institutions Are Pushing Back Against Trump

The bureaucracy, the press, the judiciary, and the public are not only pushing back, they’re having some success.

27 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Clinton News Network?  who said Clinton's easy win?  had Clinton way ahead?  I remember CNN's reporters laughing at anyone who suggested Trump would win - they were SO smug I'll never trust them again (or any Poll for that matter)

Polls change.  Just look at a graph over time.  And remember the FBI and Russian interventions?  That seems to have swung the poll a bunch.  Can't blame the polls on that one.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I didn't particularly like Clinton, but she likely would have won without interference.  So, you don't think there is fake news?  By your response, it seems you are living under a rock, or in a cave.  It's probably more peaceful in there, so I would return, if I were you.

Polls change.  Just look at a graph over time.  And remember the FBI and Russian interventions?  That seems to have swung the poll a bunch.  Can't blame the polls on that one.

Polls consistently said Clinton would win

Bloomberg 11/4 - 11/6 799 LV 3.5 46 43 Clinton +3
IBD/TIPP Tracking 11/4 - 11/7 1107 LV 3.1 43 42 Clinton +1
Economist/YouGov 11/4 - 11/7 3669 LV -- 49 45 Clinton +4
LA Times/USC Tracking 11/1 - 11/7 2935 LV 4.5 44 47 Trump +3
ABC/Wash Post Tracking 11/3 - 11/6 2220 LV 2.5 49 46 Clinton +3
FOX News 11/3 - 11/6 1295 LV 2.5 48 44 Clinton +4
Monmouth 11/3 - 11/6 748 LV 3.6 50 44 Clinton +6
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 11/3 - 11/5 1282 LV 2.7 48 43 Clinton +5
CBS News 11/2 - 11/6 1426 LV 3.0 47 43 Clinton +4
Reuters/Ipsos 11/2 - 11/6 2196 LV 2.3 44 39 Clinton +5

I'm not sure the Democrats need to try to force DJT out. I think the Republicans will do the job for them. Enough of them showed their dislike for him before he became POTUS and they have control of both houses.

Many people in the UK voted Remain, not because they were necessarily in favour of the EU, but because they did not want to be governed by swivel-eyed nut jobs like Farage, Gove and Boris. Fortunately, after the Brexit vote these 3 were marginslised and UKIP have imploded. Yes, Boris is Foreign Secretary but his political future is dependant on Theresa May. The Tory party in the UK are past masters at wheedling out the elements they do not like and putting up someone of their choosing - Theresa May in this instance. Expect a similar amount of connivance in Washington from a few Republicans voting with Dems at critical moments.

The US system is different, so Mike Pence will be the next POTUS and if the Dems want him out they will have to find an electable candidate next time around. My money would be on Michelle Obama, even though she says she is not intetested. Plenty of time to have a change of heart.

1 minute ago, champers said:

I'm not sure the Democrats need to try to force DJT out. I think the Republicans will do the job for them. Enough of them showed their dislike for him before he became POTUS and they have control of both houses.

Many people in the UK voted Remain, not because they were necessarily in favour of the EU, but because they did not want to be governed by swivel-eyed nut jobs like Farage, Gove and Boris. Fortunately, after the Brexit vote these 3 were marginslised and UKIP have imploded. Yes, Boris is Foreign Secretary but his political future is dependant on Theresa May. The Tory party in the UK are past masters at wheedling out the elements they do not like and putting up someone of their choosing - Theresa May in this instance. Expect a similar amount of connivance in Washington from a few Republicans voting with Dems at critical moments.

The US system is different, so Mike Pence will be the next POTUS and if the Dems want him out they will have to find an electable candidate next time around. My money would be on Michelle Obama, even though she says she is not intetested. Plenty of time to have a change of heart.

Michelle Obama?  just because she is Obama's wife???   amazing

26 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Polls consistently said Clinton would win

Bloomberg 11/4 - 11/6 799 LV 3.5 46 43 Clinton +3
IBD/TIPP Tracking 11/4 - 11/7 1107 LV 3.1 43 42 Clinton +1
Economist/YouGov 11/4 - 11/7 3669 LV -- 49 45 Clinton +4
LA Times/USC Tracking 11/1 - 11/7 2935 LV 4.5 44 47 Trump +3
ABC/Wash Post Tracking 11/3 - 11/6 2220 LV 2.5 49 46 Clinton +3
FOX News 11/3 - 11/6 1295 LV 2.5 48 44 Clinton +4
Monmouth 11/3 - 11/6 748 LV 3.6 50 44 Clinton +6
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 11/3 - 11/5 1282 LV 2.7 48 43 Clinton +5
CBS News 11/2 - 11/6 1426 LV 3.0 47 43 Clinton +4
Reuters/Ipsos 11/2 - 11/6 2196 LV 2.3 44 39 Clinton +5

Agreed!  But look how close these are.  The margin of error in these polls is 3-5 points.  Which basically means most could have been even.  Hardly a huge difference between the 2 candidates.

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Maybe his lying is a smokescreen.  Or maybe it's wishful thinking on my part.  :sad:

The next member who uses the word snowflake in a derogatory manner will be given a warning.  It is part of our forum rules.  Take your pick from these:

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Posted on Facebook.

He called Hillary Clinton a crook.
You bought it.
Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.
He said he'd release his tax returns, eventually.
You bought it.

He hasn't, and says he never will.
He said he'd divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest.
You bought it.

He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the Stock Market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.
He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said.
You bought it.

He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.
He said he'd surround himself with all the best and smartest people.
You bought it.
He nominated End-Times theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world's greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.
He said he'd be his own man, beholden to no one.
You bought it.

He then appointed Betsy DeVos -whose only "qualifications" were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign- as Secretary of Education.
He said he would "drain the swamp" of Washington insiders.
You bought it.

He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn't mean it.
He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did.
You bought it.

He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.
He said Hillary Clinton couldn't be counted on in times of crisis.
You bought it.

He didn't even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.
He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times "fake news" and said they were his enemy.
You bought it.

He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.
He called Barack Obama "the vacationer-in-Chief" and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer's dime, not when there was so much important work to be done.
You bought it.

He took his first vacation after 11 days in office and has spent every weekend at his personal resort in Florida since being sworn in. 
All on the taxpayer's dime.
And went golfing.
And dont forget about this little issue with Russia after him foaming at the mouth about Hillary's emails. 
Its only been a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six Donald Trump staffers fired today, escorted out of White House, after flagged by FBI.

Donald Trump has been forced to fire six more people from his White House staff today after they failed FBI background checks.

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/donald-trump-forced-fire-six-white-house-staffers-fail-fbi-background-checks/1564/

-Trump: "I am going to hire the best people"  This was what he came up with.

Edited by Skywalker69

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Like the failing donald trump said in the most bizarre presidential press conference in American history yesterday -- his administration is running like a fine-tuned machine.

:crazy:

calmtrump.jpg

Trump doesn´t know fine-tuned, even if it hit him in the head.

I still don't understand how his "mind" works. The majority of stuff out of the mouth of the failing donald trump is obvious lies but does he even believe what he says himself? He often contradicts himself in the same sentence ... how does a person keep track of all that? Obviously at least some of his chaos tactics are consciously calculated but sometimes I wonder if he is just some kind of random hot mess that magically tripped into the way for an insane man to gain the highest office in the planet with no experience or qualifications.