90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

I, too, put on a shirt and long trousers every time I go to immigration, but, that's just hypocrisy on my part.

This is Phuket for Crissake! Considering their charge for paperwork that should be free, and other earners through all the agents and that this is a tropical island that relies on tourism, we should be allowed to dress as we want and sod their snowflake sensibilities.....

PS (except for bare-chests and bikinis)

My 90 day report must have broken all records yesterday. Walked in, was given a number which was called out as soon as I got it. Went to the desk and handed my passport over and was out of there in less than 5 minutes. The guy even wished me Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

13 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

My 90 day report must have broken all records yesterday. Walked in, was given a number which was called out as soon as I got it. Went to the desk and handed my passport over and was out of there in less than 5 minutes. The guy even wished me Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

Yesterday?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2017 at 4:36 AM, merijn said:

Totally agree with your remarks.

I always think by myself would they dress the same if they go to a government building in their own country.

I do! Nice shorts, a collared shirt and my nicer pair of flip flops!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I was there today for 90 day report and had to wait 1hour plus and it was IMO a bit chaos and the queue/ waiting area had changed from last year. What I don't understand is that a person who require only a two minutes job have to sit and wait for a lot of people with massive paperwork to get through for the IO! :saai:

On the positive side there was no question to me about reregistration of address and I was out of country 2+ months late last year + stayed in a hotel a couple of nights with visiting family at one of the beach resorts here before Christmas.:smile:

What time did you go in? I tend to leave it until about 1400 to go in. I agree about getting stuck behind all the paper crunchers.

At one point they had one of the university students working the line and if she knew you were a '90 dayer' she would just go forth and get a ticket for you. It wan't in operation last time I was in but the Vols were not busy once the post lunch rush had cleared.

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

What time did you go in? I tend to leave it until about 1400 to go in. I agree about getting stuck behind all the paper crunchers.

At one point they had one of the university students working the line and if she knew you were a '90 dayer' she would just go forth and get a ticket for you. It wan't in operation last time I was in but the Vols were not busy once the post lunch rush had cleared.

Yes I agree and  in my previous experience afternoon is better for 90 day reports and had actually planned to do it tomorrow afternoon but had time available before noon today so dropped by there about 1045 and was just out again before they closed to lunch.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 12:33 PM, Psimbo said:

I wish they would just be above board and legalise the cost- then there would not be a problem (as pointed out above one can press the issue and not pay but why should it be free?).

After all we have to pay for a bank letter and statement, why not this?

Fantastic, residency, whats this got to do with 90 day report?

Did my 90 day report today after having gone to Australia for business, it went straight thru as usual with no new confirmation of address required

As i thought it would, i reported my address on my arrival card at the airport immigration , its been the same for about 7 years and will not be changing anytime in the future 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Did my 90 day report today after having gone to Australia for business, it went straight thru as usual with no new confirmation of address required

As i thought it would, i reported my address on my arrival card at the airport immigration , its been the same for about 7 years and will not be changing anytime in the future 

In all my years of doing 90-day reporting at Phuket Immigration, I have never been asked to confirm my address.  They just want to know you have stayed for 90 days and give you a new reporting date.

1 hour ago, Kopitiam said:

In all my years of doing 90-day reporting at Phuket Immigration, I have never been asked to confirm my address.  They just want to know you have stayed for 90 days and give you a new reporting date.

I haven't had to either but times and rules have changed, if you leave the country and return to the same address as you lived at when you left and report it on your arrival card there is no problem

If when you return you put a new address on your arrival card you then have to confirm this address with a notification form from your house master at the phuket immigration office within 24 hours or you can be fined for not doing it

Same if you travel within Thailand, if you stop in paid accomodation booked in your name and they inform immigration of it, which they are legally obliged to do that then becomes your address in Thailand and you have to re-register your Phuket address when you return to Phuket within 24 hours

We normally travel by road and my wife books the accommodation in her name which solves this problem, only once have i booked accommodation in my own name and that was when i used my credit card, in future if i use my credit card to book accommodation on the internet i will put it in my wifes name also so my address in Thailand does not change       

ATTENTION:

did my 90 day report ONLINE Monday,

checked today and it was approved!!!

filed  it on IE,  but i was not able to open and print the next 90 day report using IE

so i went in and used Chrome and no problem opening the next report date page and printing it.

Thank you Phuket immigration as i hear the office is busy as ......  Another reason i love phuket 

Last notification of address was done 2 1/2years and have left the country 6 or7 times

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2018 at 2:12 PM, keithpa said:

Fantastic, residency, whats this got to do with 90 day report?

Wow- you really had to troll (sorry-trawl) way back for that one (22 Nov AND it was a response to a Certificate of Residence comment nicely disregarded by you) didn't you precious. :passifier:

Edited by Psimbo
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

as its been reported that online works, why go in to immigration??

Mine is due on the 29th so I thought I would give it another go.

The site now works and I was able to input all details using Edge!

Unfortunately, I still get the "Report to Immigration" message.

That hasn't changed. I might have to pop over the border sometime.

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Mine is due on the 29th so I thought I would give it another go.

The site now works and I was able to input all details using Edge!

Unfortunately, I still get the "Report to Immigration" message.

That hasn't changed. I might have to pop over the border sometime.

I had the same problem last week.  I went to the 90 day online reporting thread in the Thailand Visa Information section and read back few pages.  There was a tip saying not to fill in non-stared fields.  I tried that and it worked.  It went through and was approved the next day.

• 1 month later...