90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

15 hours ago, madmitch said:

Paid a visit this afternoon for a re-entry permit. Looks much more welcoming and it would appear that extra staff are dealing with customers, most of them female. The officer that returned my passport with the permit did so with a smile rarely seen in Government officer. I thought I was on Soi Bangla for a minute!

Those doing 90 day reports were in and out in a minute or so. Maybe it's always like this on a Tuesday afternoon?

Perhaps some of the investigations and transfers are actually having an effect on those still there?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 9:35 AM, Badrabbit said:

Everyone pays the fee, I've asked before "anyone going for the certificate and intends to refuse the fee please tell me so I can be there to witness the refusal"

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In that case why don't YOU try it and we can all come down and watch.?

So- you are part of the problem then.

I had a couple of friends who had the 'but its only 100, 200, 300 baht so it's OK' syndrome.

Times that by a few hundred people a week and its not just 100, 200, 300 baht.

No it's not ok but like many I don't need potential problems with immigration, maybe you are the person to step forward and get this changed!

Packed this avvy - took two hours to do an address notifiation ( I'll start a proper thread on it tomorrow as its getting too convoluted in here). Mind you that was down to the one IO at Desk 1 taking an hour to process 9 people in amongst scratching his erse and talking on telephones. When he finally got in gear he was processing about one a minute or so,. Probably sulking as he was on his own (apart from the pretty Uni student helping out).

Don't forget- they are closed tomorrow.

News in Bang Tao today said that Phuket Immigration is starting to do the same as Patong and CM.

I didnt hear  all of what actually transpired ... the gist of it was that the person admitted they had been away  from their address and were fined for not reporting their return. Whether they were away O/S or just within Thailand I didnt hear.

Also that there was only 3 officers in attendance and that a 90 day report took a 3 hour wait.

Anyone have any news on this?

On 12/4/2017 at 7:21 PM, Psimbo said:

Packed this avvy - took two hours to do an address notifiation ( I'll start a proper thread on it tomorrow as its getting too convoluted in here). Mind you that was down to the one IO at Desk 1 taking an hour to process 9 people in amongst scratching his erse and talking on telephones. When he finally got in gear he was processing about one a minute or so,. Probably sulking as he was on his own (apart from the pretty Uni student helping out).

Don't forget- they are closed tomorrow.

Link to new thread please Psimbo...

3 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

News in Bang Tao today said that Phuket Immigration is starting to do the same as Patong and CM.

I didnt hear  all of what actually transpired ... the gist of it was that the person admitted they had been away  from their address and were fined for not reporting their return. Whether they were away O/S or just within Thailand I didnt hear.

Also that there was only 3 officers in attendance and that a 90 day report took a 3 hour wait.

Anyone have any news on this?

Phuket Town Immigration does not yet start fining people for late address reporting. (unless you upset the IO maybe :-) )

Immigration very easy and quick registering address this morning, busy but efficient, big thanks to the guy that gave me 3bht for a photo copy, they would not give me the copy as I did not have the correct money, was just about to give them 100bht(big profit) when Mr nice man stepped forward!

I would have done the same!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

90 day today and super easy, very busy but efficient, someone was asked to leave for not wearing the correct clothing!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They are becoming indeed more strict on the dress code as mentioned by the billboard on the entrance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, merijn said:

They are becoming indeed more strict on the dress code as mentioned by the billboard on the entrance.

Quite right too- some of the people in there really are  'the great unwashed'.

Ambling into a gov't office unshaven wanting to obtain services in flip flops, boardies and a wife-beater is not the best way to go about things. That's not just visitors - I see 'expats' dressed the same way- they should know better.

• Like 1

Last time I was at immigration, some western foreigner had one of those "wife beater" shirts and was told to get something with sleeves. So he went out and got a completely transparent plastic raincoat (not a colored 7/11 one) and wore that. They accepted it :)

• Haha 1