A Comfortable Chair?

Generalchaos

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on buying a comfortable chair......something nice to relax on, a chair that reclines, allows foot on the bench, or an almost sleep position? it has to be compatible with a PC,  raised and lowered. (It has to be for a computer)

I had a cheap shit one from Big C, that actually lasted more than three years until the arms cracked, it was comfortable until it broke and I fell on the floor.

I ordered a 2900 Baht jobby from the world famous CANNOT COMPLETE THE ORDER site, Lazada, a third world joke!

My order was supposed to be here on the 18th November, not happening, it is now the 21st....still being packed!

Must be a big chair if it takes an entire weekend to parcel up.

*inappropriate remark removed*

So, any ideas for a nice reclining comfy chair to lay back on and simply chill out? One where the outer skin doesn't peel off like a Falang on  a Thai beach?

Edited by Scott

I've just bought a computer 3,300 baht chair from Lazada. Arrived within 3 days, no problem, reclines, goes up/down. Time will tell if the skin peels off (i agree that is a problem i have had with other chairs).  I guess the only answer is to buy a leather chair in the 8-10,000 baht range.

Ah, Lazada just seems to reek of incompetence!

I have bought a few things from them in the past, usually about 50% of what you order you seem to actually receive. Half of the time they cancel the order as they say it is not available.

Then comes the delivery - Best to pay COD as the company they use - Kelly are absolute shit finding anywhere.

I bought an SSD from Lazada and about 2PM Kelly logistics rings me to ask where my house is. (They are literally less than half a kilometer from my home). We give them directions and I walk out of the driveway to flag the guy down as my road in is a bit obscure. 20 minutes pass and no sign of the idiot.

I gave up. However, 3 hours later the phone rings again and it is Kelly...the bloody idiot driver decided to go and deliver everyone elses order first then backtrack to my home on the way back, would have been nice if he had bothered to tell me that 3 hours ago!

After I complained to Lazada about my chair order (which was in the outgoing warehouse and confirmed on Thursday 17th November) Due to be delivered 18th! It was still sitting there last night when I had my vent / rant / let off steam!

I told them today to stick the order and cancel it, and if they bothered to waste their time and money delivering it I was going to refuse it!

So, they then start sending me e mails (I got 5 in 2 hours) asking almost identical questions - DO I WANT THE CHAIR? - What can they not understand about "NO - CANCEL THE ORDER I DO NOT WANT IT, I DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH A 2ND RATE JOKE OF A BUSINESS LIKE YOUR SUPPLER"

Pathetic company, pathetic service for about 50% of their sales.

They are let down by the CRAP Thai companies that they use to provide the products, I don't totally blame Lazada, but they need to CULL the crap suppliers!

8 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

Then comes the delivery - Best to pay COD as the company they use - Kelly are absolute shit finding anywhere.

I bought an SSD from Lazada and about 2PM Kelly logistics rings me to ask where my house is. (They are literally less than half a kilometer from my home). We give them directions and I walk out of the driveway to flag the guy down as my road in is a bit obscure. 20 minutes pass and no sign of the idiot.

I gave up. However, 3 hours later the phone rings again and it is Kelly...the bloody idiot driver decided to go and deliver everyone elses order first then backtrack to my home on the way back, would have been nice if he had bothered to tell me that 3 hours ago!

So they are only half a kilometer from your home and you don't even know the name of the idiot company?

Any way, if KERRY depot was that close to my home I would arrange to pick it up there, yes you can, which would save me a lot of time and hassle.

2 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

So they are only half a kilometer from your home and you don't even know the name of the idiot company?

Any way, if KERRY depot was that close to my home I would arrange to pick it up there, yes you can, which would save me a lot of time and hassle.

You lost me there mate! THE DELIVERY COMPANY - ** LOGISTICS were sitting in their van 400 metres from my home! Maybe my English is not that good that it confuses you?

The DELIVERY DRIVER was phoning me, sitting on his lazy ass parked 400 metres from my address, we gave him directions, I went out onto the road to meet him and he decided to go and do another 3 hours of deliveries elsewhere rather than reverse 5 metres and take a left turn!

As I said in my post, I understand that Lazada is a SHIT company that acts as a 3rd Party, but if it had any credibility, it would weed out and ban the SHIT Thai suppliers that are letting them down! However they do not do that....probably a Kreng Jai thing!

They will never be E bay as long as they are pigeon holed into accepting their status within the Thai Society, rank and file and know your place!

What part do you fail to understand?

Edited by Scott

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

All I wanted was a nice comfortable chair, a soft and relaxing chair, a one that I could kick off my shoes, lay my head back on the luxurious padded headrest, recline it maybe a few degrees to let me put my feet up on my desk and read a book from kindle in comfort instead of having my ass numbed with pins and needles or my legs go into a cramp.

And if the chair was really nice and comfy, I would quaff another swig of beer from my glass and laugh inwardly at your comments to my posts rather than sit here with an aching ass and spitefully and venomously responding to your inane and badly misunderstood responses! (You still don't quite get it do you? Kerry Depot is not 400 yards or metres or feet or inches from my home - THE D-E-L-I-V-E-R-Y   D-R-I-V-E-R   W-A-S    I-N    H-I-S   V-A-N    S-I-T-T-N-G    4-O-O    Y-A-R-D-S    F-R-O-M    M-Y    H-0-M-E-!

Such is life, I don't yet have that chair, maybe I will buy one from Big C tomorrow that will let me relax just a little bit! Do you know anything about high water pressure and Mira Power Showers? or any way to add a device to be backed up on Windows ONEDRIVE? It really would save me some extra posts.

Edited by Generalchaos

A few posts have been edited.   Please be aware of the strict libel/defamation laws in Thailand.   We do not allow for name and shame topics.   

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

The fact that a post may be true and accurate does not negate the possibility of legal action.  

Please exercise care in how you word your posts.  

On 21/11/2016 at 10:00 PM, Generalchaos said:

ordered a ... jobby from the world famous CANNOT COMPLETE THE ORDER site, Lazada, a third world joke!

Ordered something from Lazada for the first time a week or so ago.  They charged my credit card (not just blocked the amount), so I assumed all was in order.  And now I've just got the email "Your order number xxxxxxxxx has been cancelled".  Apparently it has been cancelled "due to the seller being unable to fulfill your order".

And apparently "We will contact you within 2 business days via email once the refund has been initiated."

I'm left wondering:

(1) Why was my credit card ever debited if the supplier didn't have the stock?

(2) Why wasn't the refund initiated immediately?

(3) How long will it take to initiate the refund?

(4) Am I the victim of a scammer and will not get the refund (and have to claim on my bank)?

(And even if I do get a refund from Lazada, I could well lose out on the exchange rate applied by Visa.)

Won't be using Lazada again.  First and last time.  This is all too third world-shoddy.

(Am also particularly hacked off because this was a birthday present, and now I've got no time left to find a suitable alternative.)

13 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Ordered something from Lazada for the first time a week or so ago.  They charged my credit card (not just blocked the amount), so I assumed all was in order.  And now I've just got the email "Your order number xxxxxxxxx has been cancelled".  Apparently it has been cancelled "due to the seller being unable to fulfill your order".

And apparently "We will contact you within 2 business days via email once the refund has been initiated."

I'm left wondering:

(4) Am I the victim of a scammer and will not get the refund (and have to claim on my bank)?

(And even if I do get a refund from Lazada, I could well lose out on the exchange rate applied by Visa.)

Won't be using Lazada again.  First and last time.  This is all too third world-shoddy.

(Am also particularly hacked off because this was a birthday present, and now I've got no time left to find a suitable alternative.)

they did that to me, took a few weeks to actually get the money back in my account. We had an order for an overseas item from one of their people, we got a car door bag instead sent out and when we phoned lazada they apologized and said keep it we will give you a certificate for the full amount to re buy the other item, They sent us a certificate but not the full amount so we phoned again and they apologized again and sent a new certificate. It arrived in an email just after midnight and gave us 1 hour to finalize the purchase, we found the email this morning, lazada has simply become a front for crap sellers that are after a quick buck, the service is absolute crap but then again there are a very few good ones in there if you are lucky enough to find them.

21 hours ago, Oxx said:

I'm left wondering:

When will people learn only use cash on delivery.

26 minutes ago, Henryford said:

When we move back to the 19th century?

(And, slightly more seriously, using a credit card to pay gives more protection should the goods turn out to be faulty.)

Edited by Oxx

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I've had excellent luck with Lazada, using my debit card every time since my 3rd transaction- after the first 2 went swimmingly.  One transaction (out of over 20) was screwed up by the delivery company who tried to deliver on an afternoon my office was closed for an offsite corporate meeting. Driver called me, but I was in a meeting and couldn't hand the phone to a Thai speaker...  I wish they had tried the delivery again the next day, but, oh well.  We take up an entire floor in one of BKK's best known buildings so I get a little cheezed when the driver says he couldn't find my address, but that's on the driver, not Lazada.

Transaction cancelled and money refunded within a couple of days.  (Edit:  No action required on my part, BTW)  I have no complaints at all there.  Lazada doesn't pay the supplier until after they receive confirmation of satisfactory delivery, so dodgy vendors shouldn't last long.

I don't use COD any more because I have goodies delivered to the office and it's none of my receptionist's business what I bought, or how much I paid for it.  And about half my purchases come from China, and they don't accept COD.

I'd be leery of using Lazada from home, but only because the delivery guys call when they're in the area and I won't change my plans to hang around waiting on a delivery.  And they often don't speak English. That could make things problematic, and I can see how a lot of guys would be put off- and I don't blame 'em.  But again, that's on the delivery guys, not Lazada.

Edited by impulse