A-O Non Imm Sorted.

I find it absolutely hilarious that your doctor couldn't visually examine you and determine that you didn't have elephantiasis.  

I understand that different countries and different doctors means that the "hassle factor"is variable but I had not nearly as much difficulty in getting my doc to sign off on the med sheet.  

Sounds like it all worked out in the end for you though.  Congrats!  

(And good on you for providing feedback to the forum on your experience.)

My doctor said he couldn't lie and say he had tested me when he hadn't. I did mention to him that I didn't have one leg four times the size of the other and wasn't  missing any limbs.  Sadly that didn't cut the ice.

The embassy really should make the certificate country specific. Or maybe I just need a doctor with a bit of common sense.

Some of the other things I found out from reading other peoples trials and tribulations, so its nice to give something back and hope it helps someone else out.

Thanks for a positive reply.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, berybert said:

My doctor said he couldn't lie and say he had tested me when he hadn't. I did mention to him that I didn't have one leg four times the size of the other and wasn't  missing any limbs.  Sadly that didn't cut the ice.

The embassy really should make the certificate country specific. Or maybe I just need a doctor with a bit of common sense.

Some of the other things I found out from reading other peoples trials and tribulations, so its nice to give something back and hope it helps someone else out.

Thanks for a positive reply.

Fortunately I did encounter a doctor with common sense when I applied for my OA visa in London 8 years ago. I walked into her office at the surgery and sat down in front of her desk. She then gave me a "thorough medical examination" which consisted of her eyes moving from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet, after which she signed the Embassy certificate without any ado. I had to pay £10 for the "privilege", though.:sad:

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Fortunately I did encounter a doctor with common sense when I applied for my OA visa in London 8 years ago. I walked into her office at the surgery and sat down in front of her desk. She then gave me a "thorough medical examination" which consisted of her eyes moving from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet, after which she signed the Embassy certificate without any ado. I had to pay £10 for the "privilege", though.:sad:

Paying £10 is something I would much rather have done than go through the hassle of running to hospitals for tests and other messing about.