Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 2m votes

webfact

5 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Oh?  And just how are prime ministers in other countries selected?  By popular vote of the people is it?

Just another America-hater.  Obsessive envy is such a terrible thing.  And amazing that a federal system of government is completely beyond the grasp of someone sufficiently lucid to post messages here...  

Wingnuts have such apoplexy over the fact that in the U.S. the popular vote doesn't elect the president, but have absolutely NO problem with members of the electoral college being lobbied to actually ignore the popular vote in their respective states.   Hypocrisy on steroids.

Exactly.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trump or Clinton he great USof A are screwed nothing will ever change and the debt will be bigger trillions and trillions and they will still send kids to be kill at war of any terrorist country there be.

So let them fight it out and watch a country take a dive.

7 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Exactly...just look at the disaster that is Europe...an economic basketcase for the most part, no defense capability to speak of, and being over-run with foreign migrants and terrorists. Seems they could do with an Electoral College as well.

Lol. What an ignorant post. Considering your buddy Donald wanted to build a wall along your southern border, it seems the EC didn't prevent your country from being over-run by immigrants either.

Economic basketcase ? In Europe the governments of most countries (real countries, not merely states) have financial rules that don't allow the deficit to exceed a certain level, something the US should try to follow, there the federal government could be bought by bloody Microsoft out of petty cash !

2 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Everyone knows the computer was invented by that well-known American, Charles Babbage!

Charles Babbage?  Well not exactly.  One would have to fast forward to at least the fifties until our American hater friend would be able to find a computer that would enable him to write his anti-American message.    

25 minutes ago, mettech said:

trump or Clinton he great USof A are screwed nothing will ever change and the debt will be bigger trillions and trillions and they will still send kids to be kill at war of any terrorist country there be.

So let them fight it out and watch a country take a dive.

Wow, such an upbeat post.  Of course time will tell but if anyone can bring America back from the brink of destruction, it would be Trump.  Trump is not a political hack and isn't beholding to anyone.  

Trump is an exceptionally bright business man who is adapt at reading people, and has proven over and over again to be a person who can do what others can't do.

However, if Hillary the Liar would have been elected, your doomsday prediction would be spot on.

2 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

I would hope not. Though I would expect Trump to keep relatively quiet until 20th Jan I expect he already has a plan of action. Taking out the rotten apples in the Republican basket is just as important if not more so due to their potential to sabotage his agenda.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

So draining the swamp means eliminating opponents, not taking out corrupt politicians. That sounds very Erdogan

5 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Although you did manage to leave out the part about Hillary and Obama (lying) trying to convince the public the incident was triggered by some obscure video poking fun at Islam.

And what did the spin about the video have to do with the deaths of the 4? What did HRC have to do with the deaths? Answer is of course nothing at all.

35 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Wow, such an upbeat post.  Of course time will tell but if anyone can bring America back from the brink of destruction, it would be Trump.  Trump is not a political hack and isn't beholding to anyone. 

Unlike in business, where he could do whatever he wanted (inside and outside of the law), as a politician (which you seem to forget he now is) he is held accountable for all his actions and he needs to answer for his actions to his voters/supporters. Thats where the Great Orange One will very likely fail. His ego is way too big to answer to anyone, especially to the average Joe. If someone request answers from him, its likely we get to see more of the Trump like the one which mocks the handicapped person, or the one which calls out Mygan Kelly with her blood coming out of her whatever........  

4 minutes ago, DriveByTrucker said:

Unlike in business, where he could do whatever he wanted (inside and outside of the law), as a politician (which you seem to forget he now is) he is held accountable for all his actions and he needs to answer for his actions to his voters/supporters. Thats where the Great Orange One will very likely fail. His ego is way too big to answer to anyone, especially to the average Joe. If someone request answers from him, its likely we get to see more of the Trump like the one which mocks the handicapped person, or the one which calls out Mygan Kelly with her blood coming out of her whatever........  

If that were true about being held accountable for ones actions as a politician, Obama would have been impeached and Hillary would be in prison right now.

Just now, CMNightRider said:

If that were true about being held accountable for ones actions as a politician, Obama would have been impeached and Hillary would be in prison right now.

That's a mere statement without any substance what so ever. Why would Obama been impeached? And if you can find that reason (which you cant), why didnt the Rep majority house/senate do so? Only because you wish something, that doesnt make it true. 

What you are actually saying with this statement is that you dont want anyone to hold Trump accountable because Clinton is not in jail. Have you ever heard of checks and balances; the most important aspect of how a democracy functions!

But before you threw up the smokescreen, I was saying that Trump is required to answer to his constituencies. Are you going to tell me that you believe he will?

16 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I'm mystified as to why this topic has received so much attention since Clinton lost the election. 

Not sure why you are mystified CMNR

No different from many other threads, but the recurring theme is the same.

Liberal snowflakes that do not like the result, so on and on and on and on they go

35 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

Not sure why you are mystified CMNR

No different from many other threads, but the recurring theme is the same.

Liberal snowflakes that do not like the result, so on and on and on and on they go

I am sure if it was the other way around this thread would be twice as long with the likes of you screaming bloody murder. Next.

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

I am sure if it was the other way around this thread would be twice as long with the likes of you screaming bloody murder. Next.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Personally I could not care less.

I just happen to trust Trump more than I do in Clinton.

So, no matter who won, I would not have been screaming bloody murder over anything.

Only girlies scream :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many lazy-assed city dwellers and youngsters were too lazy or too cool to vote.   That, combined with right wingers, mostly rural and suburban, who are less lazy about voting - gave Trump the electoral votes.

Oh, and Trump fans got a great gift from FBI chief Comey - planting a false flag that Wiener's emails may contain some incriminating against HRC.  Neither Comey nor any of his agents had read any of Weiner's emails at that time.  They knew, like I knew, it was purely a dirty political ploy to bleed votes from HRC.  It worked for Trump's advantage, but it also reinforced how ugly the Republicans play the game (not forgetting the cavalcade of ugly lies they threw around in daily shitstorms for 16 months).

In more civilized countries, there's a saying, "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game."

In the US, it's; "We'll lie and cheat any way we can to win.  Tough luck you losing suckers!"

In this case, the losers are:  #1 Americans    #2. The environment   #3 everyone else, particularly if there are mushroom clouds on the horizon.

1 hour ago, SgtRock said:

:cheesy::cheesy:

Personally I could not care less.

I just happen to trust Trump more than I do in Clinton.

So, no matter who won, I would not have been screaming bloody murder over anything.

Only girlies scream :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I personally couldn't care less either, but to say I would trust Trump more than Clinton ? That's a tough one, in any case trust is probably not the right word !

5 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Lol. What an ignorant post. Considering your buddy Donald wanted to build a wall along your southern border, it seems the EC didn't prevent your country from being over-run by immigrants either.

Economic basketcase ? In Europe the governments of most countries (real countries, not merely states) have financial rules that don't allow the deficit to exceed a certain level, something the US should try to follow, there the federal government could be bought by bloody Microsoft out of petty cash !

In Europe the governments of most countries (real countries, not merely states) have financial rules that don't allow the deficit to exceed a certain level

I guess they must have forgotten that when Greece joined.

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In Europe the governments of most countries (real countries, not merely states) have financial rules that don't allow the deficit to exceed a certain level

I guess they must have forgotten that when Greece joined.

No they haven't, Greece is a member for decades.. And it's problems are being solved because contrary to what the person I responded too claimed, Europe isn't an economical basket case, for that one only has to look at the States...

17 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

You mean combining a wall with a fence and keeping two good things about Obamacare? Very few voters on the right object. It is the left that are are using them for dishonest talking points.

It is not a dishonest talking point at all, no matter how many time you'll deflect it or intentionally ignore the crux.

Trump was touted as a non-politician, the same sentiment appears even on some posts in this topic. Those opposing him simply highlight that this was never the case, and that all his grand statements ought to be taken as suspect. That certain posters retroactively claim to have known that all along is amusing, considering their previous posts are still out there.

17 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I think the "rigged system" refers to the agendas of the RNC and the DNC favoring one candidate over another and a biased media. I don't think it refers to how the votes in the general election are counted.

Trump's allegations that the elections are rigged referred to the presidential elections, not the primaries.

16 hours ago, tropo said:

It seems that you and all the Trump haters on this forum sound exactly the same. You could just copy and paste all the hateful nonsense and save yourself the trouble of typing it out.

Any decent American would get behind the new president-elect and hope that he can do some good. Like it or not, he's every American's president for at least 4 years.

There is no requirement to "get behind the new president-elect". There's even less justification for such call considering the some of Trump's positions. That he will be the president is not a question, that he should be embraced or receive support simply on the merit that he won, is. Rather, it is perhaps more fitting that Trump would address the fears, suspicion and worries his victory caused among some of the public.

The desire for the opposition to submit is understandable, but things don't work this way in countries which are not dictatorial.

1 minute ago, Anthony5 said:

And may be he was right, when I look at Hilary's popular vote count.

If you plan on linking one of them conspiracy theory links, save it. The topic is already peppered with them.

If you had a point, by all means, share.

14 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

You'll be waiting a long time my friend if you think a Republican Congress is gonna impeach The Donald...you'd have better luck waiting for Hillary to tell the truth about anything.

14 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

With Pence waiting in the wings I think they'd throw Trump under the bus in a heartbeat. Depends on if they think it would damage them in the midterms.

I think it's way to early to tell what is the GOP take on this. Trump being uncharted water and all. Also not sure all of them would prefer Pence over Trump, if it effects their own standing next round. Even if they would go for it, will take some time for Trump to be seriously entangled in anything serious enough for impeachment, then there are investigations, horse trading and votes - so not anytime soon, I'd guess.

12 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Exactly Stargazer.   People need a leader, a STRONG leader, and it's something so many countries lack right now, pussyfooting around political correctness like they're walking on eggshells.

There would be any number of European countries that would be hoping for a leader like Trump to emerge as their countries are overrun by barbarians.

Any proof Trump is a strong leader? Other than talk, that is. Well, not even that really, considering the backpedaling and flip flopping.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

The "cruz" is that there will be some areas that will be fenced as well as a wall. Both keep illegals out. I am not ignoring anything.

You just did, here's the rest of my post which you edited out:

Trump was touted as a non-politician, the same sentiment appears even on some posts in this topic. Those opposing him simply highlight that this was never the case, and that all his grand statements ought to be taken as suspect. That certain posters retroactively claim to have known that all along is amusing, considering their previous posts are still out there.

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Many lazy-assed city dwellers and youngsters were too lazy or too cool to vote.   That, combined with right wingers, mostly rural and suburban, who are less lazy about voting - gave Trump the electoral votes.

Gee....ya think?

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Trump's allegations that the elections are rigged referred to the presidential elections, not the primaries.

Demonstrably false.

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/6/11590174/trump-sanders-system-rigged

http://www.inquisitr.com/3063333/bernie-sanders-trump-says-primary-system-is-rigged-most-americans-agree/

The DemocRATS were caught rigging the primary and most Americans agree it's rigged.

2 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

Demonstrably false.

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/6/11590174/trump-sanders-system-rigged

http://www.inquisitr.com/3063333/bernie-sanders-trump-says-primary-system-is-rigged-most-americans-agree/

The DemocRATS were caught rigging the primary and most Americans agree it's rigged.

Fair enough, my mistake with regard to Trump's "rigged" comments.

On 11/24/2016 at 5:39 AM, Strange said:

Electoral College did its job in this election and its job was to create some balance across our 50 states. More states wanted Trump as president. Just some quick math has California, Illinois, NY, and DC at something like 5,800,000 votes over trump HOWEVER when you look at some of the these states by county, there is even more in favor of trump in Illinois and New York and about 50/50 in California. 

http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

HRC won Illinois, but look at it by county:

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 11.30.02 AM.png

HRC won NY but look at it by county:

It looks impressive when viewed by county but you have to look at in perspective I think. Many of those counties are just farmland as shown in my image with just a single solitary dwelling in a vast expanse of bare fields. Painting the picture the way you have makes it look like hundreds, if not thousands of people in each county voted for Trump which isn't the case at all.

White_Oak.jpg