Anyone have a TM7 form that is useable?

I've tried downloading the TM7 form from different sources but when displayed in MS WORD, the form is jumbled

with text overlapping  and the print-out covers 3 pages instead of 2 with large spaces where there should be none. 

I wonder who formatted this form ?   it's like a dogs breakfast !

I wanted to change the paper size to see if that would help but I'm prevented from editing because the form is locked.

Has anybody got a work-around or a nicely formatted page (as a graphic) which I can fill in neatly ?

Edited by xerostar
Improved text layout

Are you sure you are using MS Word?  It works fine in 2010 and every other version I have used over the years.  This bad format normally happens when you try to use a free replacement program such as Open Office and such.

If you do not have a real Word program WPS will also open it correctly - or you could download PDF and print that and fill out with pen.

Edited by lopburi3

I download the immigration documents I need from the immigration website and then use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2015 Release), which is free, to fill in the document (by using the Fill & Sign option in Adobe).  I never have to fuss with formatting existing text (only the text I enter) with Adobe.   I have downloaded Word documents from the same site and reformatted them to work with Libre Office (free alternative to Word), but since Adobe is so easy to use I've stopped mucking about with the documents in Word format.  Much easier to deal with pdf files using Adobe Acrobat Reader.                    

• Like 2

Thai Immigration was one of the sources I tried.

I'm using MS Word 2000 in Windows 10 ( ...they keep reminding me to update  Grrr..)

I think I will go back to WIndows 7, the problems I've had with W10 - it's not worth the bother.  

I tried using the tm7.odt (thanks BTW) but it comes out with the same big white spaces  dividing the 2nd page into 2 pages. !!

What I might do is take screen shots of the tm7.odt  then join them up with my paint program to form two neat pages.

Then I can add the text and finally print it out.

You can also go to Volunteers Immigration web side ( http://piv-phuket.com )  in Phuket. Go to Piv Members (Right side)  and  Password are Piv 2016 (BIG P) there you have all Downloads you ned. Good luck.  Fantastic web side from Volunteers in Phuket Immigration Thank you 2 you all :) 

Edited by nasa123
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, xerostar said:

What I might do is take screen shots of the tm7.odt  then join them up with my paint program to form two neat pages.

Where do you know my method from :biggrin:

I converted it to layer capable format (PaintNET freeware)/

The data is on layer 2.

The application date and my age is the ONLY data to change for me as I haven't left the country (departure card no.).

Just this year I had to change passport no. to new one.

One more question if I may !

Second page of TM7

It asks for the address in Thailand

So I typed my full address in Bangkok on the one line ..

Next line: This application written by ... somebody else or me ? (I guess some applicants can't read or write ..)

Then underneath they ask the same question again !? 

Address ?

Not sure  what I should put for Tambon/Khwaeng,  Amphoe/Khet  and Changwat

Does this mean I have to put the same details again or my home address in Australia ? 

Below it says: "Application must be made in person"

So logic says why the need for my address twice ??

Hmm maybe these address details are for an agent accompanying an applicant or in my case left blank ?

I may sound dumb asking these things but I don't want to give the immigration boys a reason to fall

on the ground in mirth while reading my mistakes, then send me to the back of the queue like a naughty schoolboy.

I know how things can go wrong in these places !

e.g. last time I had just got all my papers together and I was waiting expectantly and suddenly they say "all visitors must leave now" (it was their lunch hour)

After lunch I waited an hour to be told one photocopy was missing ! A race down to the photocopier and back on the queue in 20 minutes.

Another hour or two waiting and I'm almost there when they say "all visitors must leave now"  (closing time) !!  <deleted> !

Come back and try again to tomorrow !  OMG 

3 hours ago, skatewash said:

I download the immigration documents I need from the immigration website and then use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2015 Release), which is free, to fill in the document (by using the Fill & Sign option in Adobe).  I never have to fuss with formatting existing text (only the text I enter) with Adobe.   I have downloaded Word documents from the same site and reformatted them to work with Libre Office (free alternative to Word), but since Adobe is so easy to use I've stopped mucking about with the documents in Word format.  Much easier to deal with pdf files using Adobe Acrobat Reader.                    

Plus, you can save all of the forms with your info and only edit the date when needed again.

Edited by Shot
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, xerostar said:

Second page of TM7

Next line: This application written by ... somebody else or me ? (I guess some applicants can't read or write ..)

Address ?

Does this mean I have to put the same details again or my home address in Australia ? 

Hmm maybe these address details are for an agent accompanying an applicant or in my case left blank ?

I may sound dumb asking these things but I don't want to give the immigration boys a reason to fall

on the ground in mirth while reading my mistakes, then send me to the back of the queue like a naughty schoolboy.

I know how things can go wrong in these places !

e.g. last time I had just got all my papers together and I was waiting expectantly and suddenly they say "all visitors must leave now" (it was their lunch hour)

After lunch I waited an hour to be told one photocopy was missing ! A race down to the photocopier and back on the queue in 20 minutes.

Another hour or two waiting and I'm almost there when they say "all visitors must leave now"  (closing time) !!  <deleted> !

Come back and try again to tomorrow !  OMG 

You need to put your address here twice. 

Tambon/Khwaeng is sub district, Amphoe/Khet is district and Changwat is Bangkok in your case.

14 minutes ago, xerostar said:

Second page of TM7

Address ?

I always fill out both addresses using my residence in Thailand.  Have never had a complaint about that, although I do believe perhaps only the first is necessary, while the second is meant for an agent to use if you had someone else fill in the form for you.

Since you're in Bangkok your Changwat (Province) is Bangkok.  The Khet (District, used only within Bangkok) and Tambon (Sub-District, again used only in Bangkok) should be part of your address.  The order is written from smallest to largest unit:  so Sub-District, District, and Province.  Your address in Bangkok should always have a District (e.g., Klong Toey, Bang Rak, Phra Khanong), but may lack a Sub-District.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2016 at 5:07 PM, xerostar said:

deleted quote

My Experience today: (Murphy's law in full swing)

First went the the Oz embassy to do my statutory declaration regarding income
The taxi driver seemed to know the way to Sathorn but drove straight past the embassy at high speed and a few kilometers later declared he did not know how to find the place. I pulled out my Samsung and looked up our position on Google maps and showed him the map. He could not interpret what he was looking at, so he stopped and asked some locals and we arrived only 10 minutes late, (thanks to me making a very early start).  I assumed the taxi driver knew where the embassy was and I planned to conserve the Samsung battery for later (it usually goes flat within hours of leaving home).

Next thing at the consulate the form for the stat dec is not formatted with a standard answer about income! A large blank space is provided (with no guidelines to write on).
You need to have prepared a nicely worded readable declaration.  Trying to ad-lib such a statement for it to make sense is not all that easy if you are not recently practiced in legal jargon. That, combined with my spidery handwriting did not result in a document that I was proud of.  If only I had prepared a typewritten document beforehand, the job would have been so much easier. I could have signed it in front of the consular employee and paid the fee in one easy visit instead of sitting there nervous due to the ting-tong taxi and all the entry security, trying to write something legible with a shaky hand.

The we got another taxi who was as bad as the first. I told him to go to Chaengwattana Road and get me to the Immigration office.
He approached the road from a different direction. I used my Google maps and typed in "Immigration office Soi 7 Chaengwattana Road. Google maps indicated a place far west near the main river. Of course that was about 8 Km too far west.  The taxi driver took us down Soi 7 but it was like Chinatown, after several failed U-turns and dumb-ass side-tracking he eventually remembered "where it was !" and promptly missed the left turn and took me to the Thai passport office which I knew was wrong, since the office I needed was more than one Km off the main road.

We arrived at the correct office about 10.15 am.

I found the bank downstairs to make a deposit of cash. (also not that simple as I found out) because I pressed the button to get a ticket for "deposits". When they saw my Oz dollars and said no, no, you must first go to "foreign exchange!" (I was one of about 3 customers in the bank) so I had to go back and press a different button and get a ticket for "foreign exchange" (the next desk)  After getting a big wad of Thai notes I had to press the button again to allow me to join the non-existent queue to make "a deposit." and get my passbook updated.

Then I had to get photocopies and covered another kilometer, trying to find the photocopy shop !!

Then upstairs again, I went straight to the check-in lady and told her I was there to apply for an extension on my retirement visa. Without checking my passport she directed me to go inside and get a ticket for L-section. Which I did but my number was 122 when they were serving 46. By then it was 11.20 and there was no way they would see me until after lunch.
So we went back downstairs to get a coffee and wait until 1.00pm opening.

Returned at 12.45 pm and joined an orderly queue outside. At 1.00 pm the large crowd of foreigners surged forward completely ignoring us civilized folk in the queue. It was similar to a crowd of skiers waiting for the ski-lift to open. Every man for himself trying to squeeze through the narrow entrance door. #?@%!

Once inside I seated myself in the L-section and waited a couple of hours for the magic number 122 to appear.  I went to the desk 45 as indicated (desk 45 is not shown - it's behind desk 39 FYI #?@%)  The woman checked my papers and told me to wait for a call at desk 39. After another 30 minute wait I was called to desk 39 where the clerk discovered an anomaly and called a senior lady to check it. They spoke to me in Thai and I had to apologize in Thai "kor tort, Pom passa Thai nit noi" which amused them no end !#@%.  Then she asked me in English why I had not done a 90 day report and registered my address? They then told me to go to A-section and I must hurry because they would close at 3.30 pm. So I hurried around to A-section and waited 15 minutes for my new number to come up.  The guy in A-section was a bit angry and said why had I not done my 90 day report?

Nobody had told me that this was required even though I had only spent a few weeks in the kingdom out of 11 months.
I assumed that my 90 days started again after I re-entered the kingdom (not so!) Even the agent I originally hired said I would not need to do anything for a year, just apply for an extension before the expiry date stamped in my passport. 
That was misleading. 

I had asked this forum about getting a re-entry permit before leaving. It was stamped in the passport "please get a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand" I had a multiple-entry visa. The advice I was given was: "no need for a re-entry permit because you got a multiple entry visa"  

The last time I left the kingdom, I even asked an officer at Suvarnaphum to check my passport to see if all was in order. He looked at the passport, smiled and said everything was fine!  

Had I applied for a re-entry permit, I think they would have asked about the 90 day report then ..?

Now the A-section guy gave me 2 forms - one for my Thai landlord to fill in (form 30) and one form for me to fill in and told me to come back tomorrow. I contacted the landlord immediately but they said they were working in another province and could only send me the completed form next week by snail mail.  

(I had instructed the landlord to do this 2 months ago. They had supplied the info but not on the "official form" so that info was rejected).

Then an hour or so return trip to my rented condo across town was uneventful, until my Thai partner realized she had left her ID card at reception in Chaengwattana.  

OMG... I said: "well you will be without ID for a week at least until I go back for there for another try ...

What with a 71 year old brain with poor memory function and other pre-dementia symptoms I can conclude that trying to stay in the kingdom is just plain hard stressful work !!

On 11/24/2016 at 2:27 PM, xerostar said:

Thai Immigration was one of the sources I tried.

I'm using MS Word 2000 in Windows 10 ( ...they keep reminding me to update  Grrr..)

I think I will go back to WIndows 7, the problems I've had with W10 - it's not worth the bother.  

I tried using the tm7.odt (thanks BTW) but it comes out with the same big white spaces  dividing the 2nd page into 2 pages. !!

Its more likely to be your computer or operator error than Windows 10.

Actually your understanding of 90 day reports is correct - they are only made after living here 90 days - and a new 90 day period starts on each entry.  What they appear to have wanted was a report from landlord of your living there as no record was on file and extensions are required to be obtained in the area you live.  And that is the landlord TM.30 you are doing and the other is a probably a form reporting your presence rather than a 90 day report.

22 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Its more likely to be your computer or operator error than Windows 10.

I believe it's Microsoft who are making old versions of Word and Excel un-useable so we are forced to buy the new versions.

Thus the never-ending uninvited "updates" on Windows 10.  

I noticed my older version of Excel has also changed and is no longer working properly.

I keep getting annoying pop-ups saying I do not have the latest version of Word or Excel - update now ! (pay more money)

On the other hand I still use Windows 7 on my notebook.  

All my older versions of Word and Excel work just fine !

9 hours ago, xerostar said:

I believe it's Microsoft who are making old versions of Word and Excel un-useable so we are forced to buy the new versions.

Thus the never-ending uninvited "updates" on Windows 10.  

I noticed my older version of Excel has also changed and is no longer working properly.

I keep getting annoying pop-ups saying I do not have the latest version of Word or Excel - update now ! (pay more money)

On the other hand I still use Windows 7 on my notebook.  

All my older versions of Word and Excel work just fine !

How old is the car you drive? Your 2016 Toyota will not run on whale oil.

Edited by wgdanson
Added some