Police check point. Gimme a break

Anthony5

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Well you seem to have the figures at hand care to share them please

OK you win, that should keep you happy, you do know, well you should, that there are app 70 Motor cycle fatalities on Thailands roads every day, sorry I cannot give you that in writing, but it is a well known fact, but as I say, to keep you happy, there are only about 1% of that which are underage riders.

OK Debate finished.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

OK you win, that should keep you happy, you do know, well you should, that there are app 70 Motor cycle fatalities on Thailands roads every day, sorry I cannot give you that in writing, but it is a well known fact, but as I say, to keep you happy, there are only about 1% of that which are underage riders.

OK Debate finished.

Thank you, but we'll known facts really don't stand up to scrutiny in the real world only on here, but again I thank you.

Now debate over

Edited by Deepinthailand

On 11/24/2016 at 9:34 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I hear you mate, but it has been the way it has been for ever, you and me can't change anything, people have to fear the police like back in Australia, you wouldn't think twice about leaving your place without a seat belt on, going over 60, or 40 in a school zone, all you can do is do as I do, have eyes everywhere and drive slow 555

And get a Dash cam.

On 11/24/2016 at 3:09 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

While a zero-tolerance policy on helmets would save lives, it would also be somewhat impractical in the short-term.  Long-term it's a matter of slow education.

Lets put this in perspective - in the US Hawaii (no helmet law)had 26 motorcycle deaths last year compared to Florida (partial helmet law) which had 650.  When I am in the States, I live in Hawaii, and I always wear a helmet when I ride...............I think 90% of the motorcycle deaths in Thailand are preventable, they just need a massive training campaign, rigorous licensing program, higher paid Traffic Police not associated with the regular police........just sayin  -  Oh hell, I know it won't happen but one can dream........do like they did in Cambodia for awhile, confiscated the motorcycle for a period of time...........that hurt a lot of people, don't know if they still do that  :post-4641-1156693976:

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Lets put this in perspective - in the US Hawaii (no helmet law)had 26 motorcycle deaths last year compared to Florida (partial helmet law) which had 650.  When I am in the States, I live in Hawaii, and I always wear a helmet when I ride...............I think 90% of the motorcycle deaths in Thailand are preventable, they just need a massive training campaign, rigorous licensing program, higher paid Traffic Police not associated with the regular police........just sayin  -  Oh hell, I know it won't happen but one can dream........do like they did in Cambodia for awhile, confiscated the motorcycle for a period of time...........that hurt a lot of people, don't know if they still do that  :post-4641-1156693976:

How stupid can be US laws sometimes...

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Good idea.

But i would go on step more,

How about  confiscating the bike or car for the real dangerous, murderous  drivers / riders of Thailand

Forget the helmut stuff,  who cares ,  up to them.  stupid is as stupid does.

Crush the car or bike,  use the metal to make re-bar,   for more condos.

Then give them a free pair of Flip Flops,   as most are to stupid to operate a motor vehicle of and type.

After about 2 years roads would be clear,   no traffic,   stress free riding and driving,  for all sensible  people  in Thailand.

Job done. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BsBs said:

How stupid can be US laws sometimes...

Yeah, it's stupid to have a law that saves lives and taxpayers money.  Incredibly stupid.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/mc/

Motorcycle crash deaths are costly, but preventable. The single most effective way for states to save lives and save money is a universal helmet law.

• Helmets saved an estimated 1,630 lives and $2.8 billion in economic costs in 2013.1
  • The United States could have saved an additional $1.1 billion in 2013 if all motorcyclists had worn helmets.1
  • Helmets reduce the risk of death by 37%.1
  • Helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 69%.2,3

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pedbimot/motorcycle/safebike/costs.html

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/09/980919115635.htm

The study, published in the September 15 edition of The Journal of Trauma: Injury, Infection and Critical Care, shows that total medical costs for motorcycle accident-related injuries were $35 million less in 1993 than 1991, a reduction of 35 percent. The total medical cost for motorcycle crash injuries dropped from about $98 million in 1991 to about $63 million in 1992 and 1993, the first two years of the helmet law.

The number of motorcyclists who were hospitalized with injuries in California dropped from 4,696 in 1991 to 3,410 in 1992 and to 3,057 in 1993. The rate of motorcycle crash hospitalizations was 25 percent less in 1993 than in 1991. The rate fell from 735 hospitalizations per 100,000 registered motorcycles in 1991 to 548 per 100,000 in 1993.

The rate of motorcyclists hospitalized for head injures dropped even more, from 230 per 100,000 registrations in 1991 to 119 per 100,000 registrations in 1993, a 48 percent decrease.

Terrible laws. LOL

On 11/28/2016 at 4:27 PM, possum1931 said:

How many motorbike fatalities are there in a day here in Thailand? How many of them are underage?

I rest my case.

On 11/28/2016 at 6:59 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Well you seem to have the figures at hand care to share them please

On 11/28/2016 at 7:53 PM, possum1931 said:

OK Debate finished.

I don't think there are any figures available about how many underage motor riders die in traffic every day, however there are plenty of sources about the number of bike riders that die, but just go take a look at any school in the country and watch how many underage children arrive there on a bike without helmet.

I understand that they don't all die, but for sure they are not immune to death in traffic, and if you talk with a teacher they will all be able to give you a reference to a deathly accident that involved underage students.

Edited by Anthony5

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

I don't think there are any figures available about how many underage motor riders die in traffic every day, however there are plenty of sources about the number of bike riders that die, but just go take a look at any school in the country and watch how many underage children arrive there on a bike without helmet.

I understand that they don't all die, but for sure they are not immune to death in traffic, and if you talk with a teacher they will all be able to give you a reference to a deathly accident that involved underage students.

OK you win, that should keep you happy, you do know, well you should, that there are app 70 Motor cycle fatalities on Thailands roads every day, sorry I cannot give you that in writing,  ????????