METV - Flight ticket Req - "Into or out of" Thailand?

Part of the METV application requires a flight ticket

- Hull want to see a flight OUT of Thailand (Visa application pack - copy and paste) - "Copy of confirmed return or onward air ticket showing that the application will be exiting "

- London (state of the website) that want to See a flight ticket INTO Thailand (copy and paste from website)  -  "A photocopy of the confirmed Air ticket to Thailand "

Is there a typo from either the Consulate or the Embassy  - Or does one of them really require an opposite direction flight tickets (from that required by the other) - for the same METV?

METV requirements per Liverpool Consulate:

1.    A completed application form with 2 identical professionally printed photographs (45mm high x 35mm wide);
2.    A current passport with validity of over 6 months beyond the date of application;
3.    Proof of resident status in the UK or Ireland (Passport or UK/Ireland residence card) along with a photocopy;
4.    Original bank statement of the applicant showing a balance of at least £5,000 (for 6 months) or a print-out with official stamp of the bank.
5.    A letter from the applicant’s employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Consulate) stating length of service and expected return to work.  If you are self-employed your self-assessment form.
6.    A photocopy of the confirmed air ticket to Thailand;
7.    A photocopy of the hotel reservation confirmation in Thailand.

and from Thai Embassy London
-  A photocopy of the confirmed Air ticket to Thailand

Hull doesn't make sense! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arandora said:

METV requirements per Liverpool Consulate:

1.    A completed application form with 2 identical professionally printed photographs (45mm high x 35mm wide);
2.    A current passport with validity of over 6 months beyond the date of application;
3.    Proof of resident status in the UK or Ireland (Passport or UK/Ireland residence card) along with a photocopy;
4.    Original bank statement of the applicant showing a balance of at least £5,000 (for 6 months) or a print-out with official stamp of the bank.
5.    A letter from the applicant’s employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Consulate) stating length of service and expected return to work.  If you are self-employed your self-assessment form.
6.    A photocopy of the confirmed air ticket to Thailand;
7.    A photocopy of the hotel reservation confirmation in Thailand.

and from Thai Embassy London
-  A photocopy of the confirmed Air ticket to Thailand

Hull doesn't make sense! 

You know, it has never made much sense to me requiring evidence that you are going to Thailand in order to get a Thai visa. Certainly, it seems totally ridiculous if applying for the visa in person. Exactly what shenanigans do they think someone is trying to pull by asking for a visa they do not intend to use?

• Like 1

There is one thing that gets me every time I apply for a Thai visa is that I fill up the form and it is asked to produce a flight itinerary and send the appropriate fee and documents , but what about if they refuse my visa for any unknown reason , What I am getting at is why not apply and let know of future travel to Thailand and for how many months than a simple reply yes or no accepted with email would be easy to get. and better pricing on tickets would be welcome.

I know last year I applied for a 3 months stay but did not have enough days left onto my renewal for passport but after paying and booking found out they only gave me two months visa and I had to rely on good advice on how to proceed to make my departure not an overstayed.

Thanks to Thai visa for directing me on the right direction at that time.

• Like 1