Ocean Marina Pattaya Boat Show to showcase Thailand's marine industry to the world

webfact

Ocean Marina Pattaya Boat Show to showcase Thailand's marine industry to the world

pat.jpeg

PATTAYA, Thailand – Following recent improvements to the rules for international yachts visiting Pattaya, and the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service set to be launched in early 2017, Thailand's marine tourism industry is poised for dramatic growth. Government investment is at an all time high – a sign of the importance of marine tourism to the national economy – while the record-setting 5th edition of the Ocean Marina Pattaya Boat Show is set to boost marine tourism in the Gulf of Thailand and showcase Thailand's marine industry to the world.

With an expanded line-up of 28 boats in-the-water and more onshore, the 6,000 expected visitors will experience a world-class marine and lifestyle festival from 24 to 27 November, 2016.

Ranging from small day boats upto superyachts, the three largest boats on display at this year's show include the Monte Carlo Yachts 86, Princess 88 Motor Yacht and the largest of all – the 41-metre Ocean Emerald, which stared in the recent Hollywood movie, Point Break (2015).

Sail and power, large and small (and everything in between), the show offers something for all and also includes a selection of brokerage yachts. International boat brands from Europe and the USA will display alongside the best local builds from Thailand's much revered boat building industry, a sign of the increased interest in boat ownership, and a driver of future charter market growth.

“It's very encouraging to see how the Ocean Marina Pattaya Boat Show continues to grow each year. This year we have the largest number of boats ever on display and onshore there is diverse range of products from marine to lifestyle as well as luxury property. Over the four day show there's lots for visitors to do and Ocean Marina is a great place for families and friends to meet and relax by the sea,” said Dr. Tirachai Pipitsupaphol, Managing Director, Ocean Property.

In honour of His Majesty late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, there will be a special sailing exhibition titled “The King Rama IX’s Sailing of Exhibition” which showcases His Majesty’s sailing achievements. The exhibition is FREE and open to the all.

In addition to the impressive boat line-up, there are all manner of marine products, accessories and services, as well as charter, insurance, marine toys and gadgets, and water sports. Onshore some of Thailand's finest properties are exhibiting as well as a collection of lifestyle products and services that complement the nautical lifestyle.

“Pattaya is already Thailand's domestic marine leisure playground. With the Gulf of Thailand opening up to visiting international yachts and the Ocean Marina Pattaya Boat Show showcasing Thailand's marine industry to the world, we expect to see the region grow considerably in the coming years and underscore it's billing as the “Riviera of Asia”, added Dr. Tirachai.

Ocean Marina Pattaya Boat Show takes place 24 to 27 November at Ocean Marina, Pattaya, Thailand, and is open daily from 11:00 to 19:00. Entry to the event is FREE.

For more information:

facebook: www.facebook.com/oceanmarinapattayaboatshow

7 minutes ago, monkey4u said:

Only 6000 visitors expected for the free show

I would expect a lot more  dreamers to show up

I think its not widely advertised, and a very niche market ...if they have some food fair to go along, perhaps more people

Mike324 said:

"I think its not widely advertised, and a very niche market"

The article states that it takes place from 24th to 27th of this month.  And it appears on here today, the 25th, so not a lot of time to plan a visit. I think the "hub of marine tourism" needs to improve its publicity if it wants to attract more then 6000 visitors.

" Ranging from small day boats upto superyachts, " and including somewhere in the middle of the range some fishing boats with reinforced crew compartments, chains, shackles and mild torture facilities..... " to showcase Thailand's marine industry to the world "

Edited by bangon04

5 hours ago, bangon04 said:

" Ranging from small day boats upto superyachts, " and including somewhere in the middle of the range some fishing boats with reinforced crew compartments, chains, shackles and mild torture facilities..... " to showcase Thailand's marine industry to the world "

One thing nobody will be showcasing at this glitzy event is the marine industry's lamentable record for deaths and accidents at sea and on inland waterways such as the Chao Prao river - where only two months ago a grievously overladen passenger boat built sank with the loss of 18 lives. 

I get that sinking feeling whenever I have to travel by boat here, knowing how many ferry and pleasure craft operators blithely ignore basic safety standards (like having enough lifebelts or conforming to passenger number limits) and court disaster by employing unqualified crew members who all too often turn out to be unqualified and/or under the influence of drink or drugs.

The quality of boat construction may be up to standard but, in every other respect, the Thai marine industry needs a hefty kick up the stern. 

We went yesterday and considered it's free, well worth a visit if you are mobile.

We also went on a free 45 min catamaran sailing trip, sailing along the coast towards Pattaya, nice to see the coastline from the sea for once, kids issued sailing vests.

Those app 55 foot motor yachts cost typical 6-8 mill Euros, so not for the average Joe. You can't board the larger yachts, by appointment only, the sign says. Well I guess they don't want "poor" guys like me on-board, wasting their time, ha-ha. 

An expensive hobby for sure, all accessorizes for pleasure crafts cost a lot and then you need a place to "park" when not in use.   

• 11 months later...
On 11/27/2016 at 7:36 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

We went yesterday and considered it's free, well worth a visit if you are mobile.

We also went on a free 45 min catamaran sailing trip, sailing along the coast towards Pattaya, nice to see the coastline from the sea for once, kids issued sailing vests.

Those app 55 foot motor yachts cost typical 6-8 mill Euros, so not for the average Joe. You can't board the larger yachts, by appointment only, the sign says. Well I guess they don't want "poor" guys like me on-board, wasting their time, ha-ha. 

An expensive hobby for sure, all accessorizes for pleasure crafts cost a lot and then you need a place to "park" when not in use.   

Hello, is there a long queue for free sailing trip ? Thanks.

One thing nobody will be showcasing at this glitzy event is the marine industry's lamentable record for deaths and accidents at sea and on inland waterways such as the Chao Prao river - where only two months ago a grievously overladen passenger boat built sank with the loss of 18 lives. 

I get that sinking feeling whenever I have to travel by boat here, knowing how many ferry and pleasure craft operators blithely ignore basic safety standards (like having enough lifebelts or conforming to passenger number limits) and court disaster by employing unqualified crew members who all too often turn out to be unqualified and/or under the influence of drink or drugs.

The quality of boat construction may be up to standard but, in every other respect, the Thai marine industry needs a hefty kick up the stern. 
yawn_zzzzzzz.

It's just a show dude get over it

A boat is the best investment in thailand

You don't have to worry about illegal land titles or getting ripped off by some new fancy condo project that will go under.

Just beware of the dreaded b.o.a.t cost especially if you can't do your own work.. b.o.a.t=

Break.

Out.

Another.

Thousand.

A boat is the best investment in thailand

You don't have to worry about illegal land titles or getting ripped off by some new fancy condo project that will go under.
Just beware of the dreaded b.o.a.t cost especially if you can't do your own work.. b.o.a.t=
Break.
Out.
Another.
Thousand.
too funny

you obviously have never owned a live aboard boat lol

59 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

too funny

you obviously have never owned a live aboard boat lol

First of all my family had 5 boats at one time   I grew up on boats my mother was pregnant with me when my dad had his boat.

We spent 3 years on a motor yacht 70ft traveling all over and on our sail boat and smaller 45 ft motor yacht plus the boats on Lake Tahoe one was all 1957 century mahogany boat I restored all the age of 14 my dad bought it I did all of the work except for fiberglassing the bottom of the boat. It was a 100% restoration    wood was stripped new putty stain, lacquer and all new chrome.

I doubt you would know the difference between a sloop, cutter rig or yawn or even know what a true blue water boat is and why

How about the reasons people like fin keels for some types of sailing and other like full keels how about a shole draft boat.

What's the difference between a dock and a slip.

I've been all over the world on boats but the only time I thought I would die was on Lake Michigan. People laugh until they read lake Michigan has some of the worst storms and has claimed boats and ships alike 

Do you know what the Roaring Forties or furious fifties are. 

I've sailed and motored  more nautical miles than you have driven kilometers

Edited by USPatriot

First of all my family had 5 boats at one time   I grew up on boats my mother was pregnant with me when my dad had his boat.

We spent 3 years on a motor yacht 70ft traveling all over and on our sail boat and smaller 45 ft motor yacht plus the boats on Lake Tahoe one was all 1957 century mahogany boat I restored all the age of 14 my dad bought it I did all of the work except for fiberglassing the bottom of the boat. It was a 100% restoration    wood was stripped new putty stain, lacquer and all new chrome.

I've been more nautical miles than you have driven kilometers
then you should know better captain

I went to their home page and this is too funny , read what they say about taxis under "Getting around in Pattaya" 

Getting around Pattaya is simple and you are never far from the sea at any point. Pattaya is about the same size as Singapore, well connected to regional airports and a great destination for a business trip or vacation.

Taxi

Most of the taxi are metered in Pattaya, we recommend you ensure the taxi has an operational meter prior to starting the journey.

The pricing structure is 50 Baht first two kilometers then 7 Baht per additional kilometre.

:w00t:

There will be a 100 baht surcharge if departure is from airport.

Most hotels and resorts will provide an airport pick up and drop off service where you will be greeted at the arrival gate and ushered to a waiting car.