Thai govt ponders New Year gifts to the people

webfact

Government ponders New Year gifts to the people

2511003.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha is now thinking about giving New Year gifts to the people similar to what it gave to the people last year.

The gifts will be in the form of tax incentives similar to last year “Shop to Save the Country” to encourage spending and touring in the country.

Deputy finance minister Wisut Srisuphan revealed that the ministry is now considering a new package which will serve as New Year gifts for the people.

The package will help to encourage spendings and stimulate the economy.

The ministry expected to submit the proposed package to the Cabinet within the next 1-2 weeks.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-ponders-new-year-gifts-to-the-people/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-25

The best gift you can give to the Thai people is to keep the thieving, conniving, selfish, money-grubbing politicians out of government until they can actually serve their constituents and not line their own pockets.

................3                                    ................2                             .................1

(Who's first. I hope it's the Jumpmaster, Eric)

Gifts to the people ? Is that anything like trying to be popular ?

Well NO, that's when other people or parties do it because it's for self-serving purposes whereas the junta serve the nation so that makes it completely different .

The government seems to have a bottomless bucket of money to throw around. The budget has well and truly been blown to pieces.

1 for you - 500 for me, 1 for you - 500 for me  I hear them repeating over and over.

3 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

The best gift you can give to the Thai people is to keep the thieving, conniving, selfish, money-grubbing politicians out of government until they can actually serve their constituents and not line their own pockets.

................3                                    ................2                             .................1

A bit harsh but correct. I think it will be just the word "Hope" gift wrapped. 

2 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

The government seems to have a bottomless bucket of money to throw around. The budget has well and truly been blown to pieces.

1 for you - 500 for me, 1 for you - 500 for me  I hear them repeating over and over.

A Christmas present from the bean counters. 

1 minute ago, zaphod reborn said:

It might be a good idea to buy rice, that is proven to have been grown in Thailand, from farmers, and give it away.  Help the farmers, give a small gift to people.  Win-win.

Yes a little bit goes a long way. Budda help the farmers. Its time to change horses in midstream. 

2 hours ago, waldroj said:

"...Shop to Save the Country...the package will help to encourage spendings and stimulate the economy..."

This is one New Year gift Thai people certainly don't need - http://investvine.com/thai-households-dire-need-reduce-debt-burden-allianz/ !!!

debt.gif

Seems like they just confiscated the assets of their head tax revenue officer who was scamming the VAT scheme, so there's some money to be spread around.

37 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

It might be a good idea to buy rice, that is proven to have been grown in Thailand, from farmers, and give it away.  Help the farmers, give a small gift to people.  Win-win.

Rice is nice.

5 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

I thought you were describing the UK there.:cheesy:

7 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

You don't seriously expect the present government to dismiss itself do you?

I don't think they're prepared to be quite that generous.

Oh I get it, you mean keep civilian crooks out of government, but keep military ones in.

Sort of "Bad Guys Out, Bad Guys In".

Edited by Enoon

9 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

Yes, I think the gift that the people would most appreciate would be rule of law and free & fair elections.

Yes that is true, but i really don't think Thailand is ready for that sort of democracy, if they had a fair election, the redshirts would probably get in, and the problems therein would start all over again, and the word fair in the head Honchos eyes, would mean any "fairly" elected government would be overseen by the army and kept tightly in line!