Overdue 90 Days Report & Visa

Hello guys

Goofy me achieved the impossible :(

Managed to overdue the 90 days report by 5 weeks and overstayed my Non-O Visa by 4 days

Any of you know if there's still hope for me to somehow fix this situation on monday ? (i know there will be fees but i don't mind paying for my dumb mistakes)

Im more afraid of getting deported to restart my headache visa document journey

thx for any info

Assuming you have a 1 year extension of stay (not a visa) that has now expired....

• Your immigration office might still process a new extension of stay if you pay the 500 per day overstay fee, and maybe the missed 90 day report fee of 2,000. But you're probably too late.
  • If you leave the country your missed 90 day report will not be an issue. You will have to pay the overstay fee (500/day) at the border. You could go to a Thai embassy/consulate in a neighboring country to get a new Non 'O' visa and start the extension of stay process again.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Assuming you have a 1 year extension of stay (not a visa) that has now expired....

• Your immigration office might still process a new extension of stay if you pay the 500 per day overstay fee, and maybe the missed 90 day report fee of 2,000. But you're probably too late.
  • If you leave the country your missed 90 day report will not be an issue. You will have to pay the overstay fee (500/day) at the border. You could go to a Thai embassy/consulate in a neighboring country to get a new Non 'O' visa and start the extension of stay process again.

Thanks for the info!

Let's hope they will let these few days slip and that i can get away with a fine

In worst case i will have to travel to laos and get a Non O visa in vientianne correct ?

5 minutes ago, wowjudo said:

Thanks for the info!

Let's hope they will let these few days slip and that i can get away with a fine

In worst case i will have to travel to laos and get a Non O visa in vientianne correct ?

Yes you can get a new visa in Vientiane. I would be surprised if your office will process the extension late, so you would be best advised to also make plans to head to Vientiane on the assumption that they will say no.

• Like 1

Just now, elviajero said:

Yes you can get a new visa in Vientiane. I would be surprised if your office will process the extension late, so you would be best advised to also make plans to head to Vientiane on the assumption that they will say no.

I see

Do you perhaps know where exactly i have to go in vientianne to get started with my new visa ?

Sorry for the amateur question, never done this before in laos

The Thai Embassy (don't go there) has a separate building for the consular (visa) services, which is in Rue Bourichane.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thailand+Consular+Section/@17.964946,102.624342,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x229bd78d156a373f!8m2!3d17.9649457!4d102.6243424?hl=en-US

You need to apply before 11:30 on day 1 and collect the passport/visa on day 2 after 13:30.

• Like 2

I think Sawannakhet is way easier and when married to a Thai woman you don't need to show financial proof.

Please Google a bit and you'll find plenty of threads. They seem to be a little bit more relaxed there, all you need to show is the original marriage certificate, a copy of wife's ID and the fee.

Then one night in Laos and you can pick your visa up the next day.

Just be polite, well dressed and don't give them any lies you can't back up at the border and the Consulate.

But I'd tell somebody to call the Immigration in your area for you which might be the easiest solution. Pay your fine, say a few times that you're so sorry and you'll be fine. ( And fined)

Maybe you're very sick on Thursday and Friday and a clinic's certificate can back this up. They ain't monsters when you show that you're not a criminal. 

Best of luck. 

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

I think Sawannakhet is way easier and when married to a Thai woman you don't need to show financial proof.

It is a good choice, but Vientiane doesn't need financial proof either when applying for a single entry visa.

You might expect the worst and hope for the best. My friend was four days over his 90 day extension at swampy just three weeks ago, and got a one year ban......no if, but, or maybe. He had just the clothes on his back and ended up in KL. somebody is bringing his clothes and computer to Penang on their visa run for him. He is now planning on living in Ecuador for the year. Good luck. You might want to get a lawyer and try to handle it all here before you get tossed out......harder to get back in.

5 minutes ago, Mansell said:

You might expect the worst and hope for the best. My friend was four days over his 90 day extension at swampy just three weeks ago, and got a one year ban......no if, but, or maybe. He had just the clothes on his back and ended up in KL. somebody is bringing his clothes and computer to Penang on their visa run for him. He is now planning on living in Ecuador for the year. Good luck. You might want to get a lawyer and try to handle it all here before you get tossed out......harder to get back in.

I suspect there is good deal more to the story than a 4 day overstay for him to of been banned for a year.

The rules are that for an an overstay of less than 90 days there is no ban if you give yourself. If over 90 days but less than a year it is 1 year ban. If caught it is a 5 year ban.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wowjudo said:

Thanks for the info!

I somehow doubt whether you will be able get away with the 5-week overdue 90-day report (rather more than a "few days" by my book at any rate!), when you next have to deal with your local immigration office!

If necessary, you could also go to Penang for a fresh non-O if that will be an easier journey for you than to Vientiane.

Edited by OJAS

17 hours ago, elviajero said:

Don't be surprised, I overstayed my extension to stay  (retirement) by 8 days last year. Ubon Joe said go to immigration and see what happens. I went to CW , dressed well and with my wife. Gave the officer the paperwork she says "your on overstay 8 days that will be an additional 4,000 baht" Took the paperwork , I paid the money and was in an out of there in less thatn 1 1/2 hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Don't be surprised, I overstayed my extension to stay  (retirement) by 8 days last year. Ubon Joe said go to immigration and see what happens. I went to CW , dressed well and with my wife. Gave the officer the paperwork she says "your on overstay 8 days that will be an additional 4,000 baht" Took the paperwork , I paid the money and was in an out of there in less thatn 1 1/2 hours.

I know it's possible that's why I recommended the OP should ask, but I also know of IO's turning people away, which is why I'm recommending a plan B.

• Like 1

with the recent cleanup of 9000 overstayers last week, I suspect you will be denied further extensions and held in DC awaiting papers for deportation. BUT i also suspect there's more to your story than just missing your dates, To miss your dates by so many days is totally justified the deportation process.

8 minutes ago, sioux2012 said:

with the recent cleanup of 9000 overstayers last week, I suspect you will be denied further extensions and held in DC awaiting papers for deportation. BUT i also suspect there's more to your story than just missing your dates, To miss your dates by so many days is totally justified the deportation process.

Nonsense.

Did my 90 day in person at Jomtien just the other day after fruitless on line efforts. About an hour each way with traffic, etc. Perhaps 15 minutes once there. 

The lovely, smiling IO just nodded when I mentined the online trouble, and said she checks everday to see if it is working yet.

Re: overstay, I did that back in march by one day. The permissable period did not include the last day it seems. Got the boot, went to KL for a day, and granted a 30 day upon arrival, which I extended while jumping the few hoops for my non "O" retirement status.

Many smiles, lots of waiting, not enough financial pain to be memorable. YMMV.

On 11/25/2016 at 10:13 PM, lostinisaan said:

Please Google a bit and you'll find plenty of threads. They seem to be a little bit more relaxed there, all you need to show is the original marriage certificate, a copy of wife's ID and the fee.

Then one night in Laos and you can pick your visa up the next day.

Just be polite, well dressed and don't give them any lies you can't back up at the border and the Consulate.

But I'd tell somebody to call the Immigration in your area for you which might be the easiest solution. Pay your fine, say a few times that you're so sorry and you'll be fine. ( And fined)

Maybe you're very sick on Thursday and Friday and a clinic's certificate can back this up. They ain't monsters when you show that you're not a criminal. 

Best of luck. 

You also need a copy of the marriage certificate, and copies of her blue book, (all signed and dated by her).

12 hours ago, sioux2012 said:

BS