Hotels within Walking Distance of Don Muang Airport

louse1953

amari don muanrg airport hotel.  there is a walkway from the hotel to the airport (goes over the highway).  the walkway is indoor, not the like typical outdoor pedestrian crossovers in bangkok.  it is more than 500thb/nt.  maybe there is a hotel near the amari and you can just walk from that hotel to amari and use the walkway.  a relative of mine stayed at the amari in july.  i didn't ask how it was and he didn't say anything so i guess is was good enough.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, buick said:

amari don muanrg airport hotel.  there is a walkway from the hotel to the airport (goes over the highway).  the walkway is indoor, not the like typical outdoor pedestrian crossovers in bangkok.  it is more than 500thb/nt.  maybe there is a hotel near the amari and you can just walk from that hotel to amari and use the walkway.  a relative of mine stayed at the amari in july.  i didn't ask how it was and he didn't say anything so i guess is was good enough.

it is about 5 to 6 times more

There is also Sleep Box inside terminal 2.  depends on how long you need it for.  eebsite says the rates are 1000 baht for the first 3 hours plus 200 baht per hour after that.  or 1,800 baht for 3pm -6am.

Other than what has already been mentioned there is not much else.

a bunch of hotels on the other side of the road, problem is getting to the other side of the road, in the middle of the night, just stepped of the plane and exhausted. Gonna find a walkway over dragging your bags with you?

Anyone have info on easiest way to get across?

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

a bunch of hotels on the other side of the road, problem is getting to the other side of the road, in the middle of the night, just stepped of the plane and exhausted. Gonna find a walkway over dragging your bags with you?

Maybe ask the chicken ? He can tell him why to cross the road :)

3 hours ago, nongsangcity said:

No Need To Walk....there are cheap hotels who have a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport...ive used them on a few occasions and very good value around the 500 baht mark all in...

Have you got a few names?

On 27/11/2016 at 0:40 PM, buick said:

I've stayed at the Amari a couple of times, it's good value as there are no transport costs attached and the time saved is "gold", the bar has good food and (if) you can find it on the ground floor. Enjoy :wai:

14 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

it is about 5 to 6 times more

it is not priced like many 'amari' branded hotels in thailand.  you can get a room for under 2,000 thb.  i realize that is well above 500thb.  i included a comment about the hotel, knowing it didn't fit the OP's budget, as an option for him or for others who may use this site as a resource in the future. 

4 hours ago, Davehappen said:

Free airport transport on the hour.

this is what i don't like about free shuttles.  if you just miss it, then you wait another hour.  to make sure you don't miss it, you have to get to lobby 15-20 minutes early.  and then, of course, the shuttle shows up 15 or 20 minutes late.  i'm sure that only happens when i use them !!! 

4 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

the walkway from the amari is attached to the airport.  i believe it is level 3 (level 4 is  large food court).  there are signs inside the airport or ask an information counter.  i suggested the amari to my relative as he was doing just as you say, arrived very late, wanted to be in a bed as quick as possible.  no waiting for shuttle or a taxi.  just went from baggage claim up a couple escalators, walked across the indoor walkway, checked in, and went to sleep. 

1 hour ago, Tengtai said:

Have you ever heard about Agoda.com????

But it seems that you don't know how many small cheap hotels don't bother using any only booking service. And in this area some hotels are not found on Internet.

ood rooms

6 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Have you got a few names?

sorry ive had a drink....5555 go on to agaoda web site a lot on there with shuttle service....good rooms and transfers 500-1000 b...they have desks in the airport who can arrange hotel and transfers...but cheaper on agoda,,,,

Archived