Drones

burgerking

Have been thinking about buying myself a drone. Not the cheap ones sold in shopping centres, does anyone on the forum fly a drone as a hobby, and have any information, on what they consider to be a good drone, and where to buy in Bangkok, I really don't want to buy online as there will be customs duties, and don't want to be put at the mercy of the customs officers having to pay a large fee for it to be released to me.

The research I have done I am leaning towards the Phantom 4. Just trying to find a shop in Bangkok that sells them. Any information to set me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks in advance.  

Phantoms  have  issues with cracking  INCLUDING the new  one.........google  phantom 4 cracking

I have 2 parrot  bebop2  drones, they arent the best camera but its reasonable, good  to learn  with, fast , small compared the phantoms and much tougher. Battery life 25  minutes

In the Uk of e  bay you can pick one up for about £320-50 now, you can use any tablet or smart  phone to fly  but range is  limited with that to "how good your device is" Ive used an 8 inch samsung  tablet and can get about 400-600 metres

For the price its ok

DJI now  also make the MAVIC which is very good, smaller and can fit ina  pocket

Edited by kannot

12 minutes ago, katana said:

As far as I'm aware for Thailand, plans were announced that all hobby drones were to require a licence and legislation was to be brought in, but then it went quiet and nothing more was heard since.

they are waiting for someone's mai noi to be put in charge of the program