Air rifle

RayD

Air rifles that can kill pigeons are illegal in Thailand, unless you have a permit for a firearm. 

Airsoft guns that shoot plastic beads are legal.  Using them to torture animals isn't.  Your neighbors may see what you're doing as torturing animals...

Lots of threads in the archives using the search function.

So many questions about why you are drinking water from a source like that knowing its contaminated by birds and the associated diseases and bacteria involved. 

Like the another poster said, you gotta find out whats attracting them and remove the attraction. 

Edited by Strange

Low powered air guns that shoot a plastic BB/pellet will move them along, get one at the market.  Or a sling shot.  If you use a higher power air gun with metal BB/pellets, you run the risk of a head shot and you'll be up there anyway, pulling dead/decaying birds out of the gutter.

PITA for a high, two story house, but can a hire someone to put mesh screen over the guttering.  It'll help prevent nesting IN the gutter, ultimately clogging up the drain and water collection hose(s).  When they perch, zing them with the air gun or sling shot, they'll get the idea eventually.

Thanks for your replies. Everybody here in the village drinks rainwater. A couple of weeks into the rains and the system is flushed clean and you can save it in the ali baba pots. I've never had a problem with it.

The only thing attracting the pigeons is that guttering is a good nesting site. I do have a catapult but I'm not very good with it. I only need to wing the buggers, the cats will take of the rest. I did have a laugh about cruelty to animals though. I don't thing that translates into Lao!

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Low powered air guns that shoot a plastic BB/pellet will move them along, get one at the market.  Or a sling shot.  If you use a higher power air gun with metal BB/pellets, you run the risk of a head shot and you'll be up there anyway, pulling dead/decaying birds out of the gutter.

PITA for a high, two story house, but can a hire someone to put mesh screen over the guttering.  It'll help prevent nesting IN the gutter, ultimately clogging up the drain and water collection hose(s).  When they perch, zing them with the air gun or sling shot, they'll get the idea eventually.

Your idea of covering the rain gutter with mesh is a  good one for keeping the gutter clean.          I don't see how it would improve the  posters drinking water however as the pigeons will simply be pooping on the roof and said poop will just wash down the roof when the next rain comes.

look at the source....................its  all the idiots  feeding the dogs, they leave  food  everywhere, stupidity, Flying rats are  now everywhere in Thailand and its  getting worse, Pigeons Rats  dogs, wait  until theres  some epidemic of some sorts

8 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Your idea of covering the rain gutter with mesh is a  good one for keeping the gutter clean.          I don't see how it would improve the  posters drinking water however as the pigeons will simply be pooping on the roof and said poop will just wash down the roof when the next rain comes.

Won't, thats what air rifle or sling shot is for. See last sentence.

17 hours ago, impulse said:

Air rifles that can kill pigeons are illegal in Thailand, unless you have a permit for a firearm. 

Airsoft guns that shoot plastic beads are legal.  Using them to torture animals isn't.  Your neighbors may see what you're doing as torturing animals...

Lots of threads in the archives using the search function.

Spot on this thread pops up about every 2 months with some Muppet that wants an air rifle to harass some sort of animal. Why not just throw stones? Methinks it's all about getting the gun and very little to do with the pest in question. 

On 11/29/2016 at 7:24 PM, kannot said:

look at the source....................its  all the idiots  feeding the dogs, they leave  food  everywhere, stupidity, Flying rats are  now everywhere in Thailand and its  getting worse, Pigeons Rats  dogs, wait  until theres  some epidemic of some sorts

I must admit I've seen a few flying Pink elephants after a BIG night, but ...  "Flying rats are  now everywhere in Thailand and its  getting worse"  What's your poison ? sounds like I'm missing out on something.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2016 at 9:28 PM, malt25 said:

I must admit I've seen a few flying Pink elephants after a BIG night, but ...  "Flying rats are  now everywhere in Thailand and its  getting worse"  What's your poison ? sounds like I'm missing out on something.

Pigeons ARE flying rats, the diseases they carry are terrible. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/29/2016 at 11:17 PM, pigeonjake said:

Throw a couple of the rubber snakes on the roof they will move

Jake we have 3 plastic snakes on the roof, the bloody pigeons nest next to them.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:28 PM, malt25 said:

common  sense although you wont find it for sale at all in Thailand

36 minutes ago, gleford said:

I have one for sale weihrauch hw77 underlever air rifle

How have you gotten  that into Thailand, thats  quite a good  gun, I have a airarms tx 200 in the UK, would  love to bring it here but  cant