Air rifle

RayD

On 2016-11-29 at 7:24 PM, kannot said:

look at the source....................its  all the idiots  feeding the dogs, they leave  food  everywhere, stupidity, Flying rats are  now everywhere in Thailand and its  getting worse, Pigeons Rats  dogs, wait  until theres  some epidemic of some sorts

How tbe hell you manage to get the dog feeders involved in this is beyond me. Do you know the op has he got dogs cats yes he says so. Do you know he feeds stray dogs. Beyond belief sometimes what people write before thinking.

A simple and effective solution netting over the guttering. We use the green tight meshed sort as our roof is green its not noticable. 

Easy to put up under the fist screw on roof pannels over the guttering and secured under guttering fixing angles ours has been up 2.5 years now and is still going strong.

Edited by jeab1980

Actually, if you want to drink the rain water you collect from your roof, you should configure a mechanically actuated bypass on your downspouts such that the first few minutes of rain rinse the roof and gutters, but does not go into your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I have been using a laser pen to chase them away,so far so good.Easy to use and no harm done,some countries use bigger versions to clear birds from farmland and airports.

Good gun, used to have one in my younger days, very accurate, used to stick matches in the lawn at the bottom of the garden then go up and shoot them from my bed room window. Also once shot John Lennon's dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Should have shot Paul McCartney!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

How tbe hell you manage to get the dog feeders involved in this is beyond me. Do you know the op has he got dogs cats yes he says so. Do you know he feeds stray dogs. Beyond belief sometimes what people write before thinking.

stupid  people   put out food  such as rice for the horrendous  amount of stray dogs here, which the pigeons  will also eat and increase the population....pretty simple really......maybe too simple for some to comprehend.................you do know  birds can fly dont you? but maybe  have a problem with "cause and effect" like many Thais........

birds eat food  put out by "anybody" and go roost where they can ie his  house................and before you go off again, no rice doesnt make birds explode, its a myth.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-effect-of-feeding-rice-to-pigeons

Judging by  our last meeting of  "ghost teaching " I understand youre "beyond belief" yet it didnt stop you did it....ps  thought you were ignoring me?

Edited by kannot

9 hours ago, mogandave said:

Actually, if you want to drink the rain water you collect from your roof, you should configure a mechanically actuated bypass on your downspouts such that the first few minutes of rain rinse the roof and gutters, but does not go into your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Quote correct as we do even then i will boil the water before allowing it to cool before drinking. Tried water purifier tabs but they leave a strange taste no hassle to boil then pump it into water tanks. Once you get into a routine i have it all sorted big fire pit massive 40 gall9n drum water from harvesting butts to drum then once cooled pumped into plastic water butts for home use. Take anout half an hour of my time daily.

As for air guns keep your own council and here in the village you can do as you please no one cares.

Edited by jeab1980