Hi

I am UK citizen I have had A

Triple Tourist Visa from London

A double Tourist visa from Vinatine

Then 2 singles from Vinatine

Then 2 singles from Savannakhet

I would like to go somewhere else instead of Savannakhet next time

I am thinking of Phnom Penh, Hong Kong, Penang or Ho Chi Minh City

Will I have problems in these cities with all the visa I have in my passport?

also I don't have Proof of funds or a Flight back to the uk

Will any or all Embassys ask for these?

Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Penang or Hong Kong would probably be the best out of the ones you mentioned.
Phnom Penh has been reported as turning people away with a lot of tourist visas.  Ho Chi Minh City has also been known to do the same.

Thanks a lot that a shame I wanted to go to Ho Chi Min City I here it's very good now days for a Visit

Did I understand you correctly that you are on a tourist visa almost for 2 years and 3 months? I'm in exactly the same situation and I know that I won't get any more tourist visas. I have 1 from Russia, 4 from Vientiane,2 from Savannakhet, 1 medical tourist visa from Thailand without visa-run,1 from Penang. Embassies are getting really strict. Phnom Phen and HoMiChin - are not the options, Hong Kong - no clue. In Penang they ask tickets back to ur country from some nationalities (u need to check if they ask from UK citizens). The risk that you won't receive tourist visa with so many visas in the same passport is very high. It's not like before anymore - 7-10 years on a tourist visa and no problems. An option is to get a new passport. My husband has the same amount of visas as me, but he got a new passport - he received his last tourist visa in Savannakhet with no problem and I was rejected in the beginning and just a miracle helped me to finally get it.

Maybe embassies have some particular love for UK people, but I'm not sure about that, because different info coming from here and there about stricter rules, deporting people (NES) who were 7 years on a tourist visa... It does make an impression that the laws that were passed in August 2014 have changed the situation for tourists here...

i would be interested to know if anyone has been successful in getting a tourist visa in hong kong, when they already have multiple tourist visas and/or visa exempt entries.  approx 5 years ago, i was told my application might not be a approved due to the number of visa exempt entires i had in my passport.  they said i 'might' get one if i could provide proof of funds and an airline ticket.  i did not bother to apply (came back to thailand on visa exempt and then went to USA and got a double entry tourist visa).  more recently, the thai consulate in USA began asking for proof of funds and airline ticket.  so at least i'm now used to that requirement.

but i've seen some comments here on TV about HK being a good place to get tourist visas.  that might be true for HK residents but i wonder about non residents.  i recently emailed them about getting a non imm O (90 day) based on retirement and they told me the non imm O was not for retirement.  they also asked if i was a resident from HK (i assume they were going to recommend the non imm O-A if i was a resident). 

i ask all this as i have a trip planned to HK in february and will convert whatever i come back with (tourist visa or visa exempt) into a non imm O (and then extension of stay for retirement) at chaeng wattana in bkk.  i'd prefer to have more time to start the conversion via a tourist visa instead of the visa exempt.

I think it is a disgrace the way Thai Embassies mess ordinary people around, ie people having to travel to Savannakhet instead of getting what they

need at Ventiane. When I want to get a multiple entry visa based on marriage, I have to go to Savannakhet, why can't I go to another Embassy in a

neighbouring country to get one? It is ridiculous how awkward these Thai IOs are, they just decide for them selves what they will give you and what they will not.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think it is a disgrace the way Thai Embassies mess ordinary people around, ie people having to travel to Savannakhet instead of getting what they

need at Ventiane. When I want to get a multiple entry visa based on marriage, I have to go to Savannakhet, why can't I go to another Embassy in a

neighbouring country to get one? It is ridiculous how awkward these Thai IOs are, they just decide for them selves what they will give you and what they will not.

This post is not laid out the way I printed it, this is happening regularly since the new Thaivisa layout.

I have also seen it happening with other members posts.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Ok,let Savanakhet come in line with others and funds must be shown.

7 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Yes, you do have a point there, I would like to see all the Thai Embassies and IOs havng the  same rules so we all know where we stand.

It is nothing to do with what suits me personally, I am always sticking up for the way that the under fifties who do not want to get married and want to stay in Thailand long term have so much problems with visas, ie, will this IO give them a visa stamp, or will they have to go to this one, or will they even get one at all. I am not under fifty. I just say things the way I see them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

If there was a level playing field and the Savannakhet consulate lost its ability to offer small concessions to applicants do you honestly think the numbers of people that go there now would continue to do so?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I think it is a disgrace the way Thai Embassies mess ordinary people around, ie people having to travel to Savannakhet instead of getting what they need at Ventiane. When I want to get a multiple entry visa based on marriage, I have to go to Savannakhet, why can't I go to another Embassy in a neighbouring country to get one? It is ridiculous how awkward these Thai IOs are, they just decide for them selves what they will give you and what they will not.

Be careful what you wish for. It is lucky for many that Savannakhet get away with issuing this visa and if anything they are likely, at some point, to be brought in line with other embassies/consulates.

This is a multiple entry visa designed for people that regularly visit their wife and return home. It is not really meant for people to live in the country full time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, you do have a point there, I would like to see all the Thai Embassies and IOs havng the  same rules so we all know where we stand.

It is nothing to do with what suits me personally, I am always sticking up for the way that the under fifties who do not want to get married and want to stay in Thailand long term have so much problems with visas, ie, will this IO give them a visa stamp, or will they have to go to this one, or will they even get one at all. I am not under fifty. I just say things the way I see them.

There are ways to stay legally. Thailand doesn't want most of the under 50's that want to stay here. They want them to come, spend money and leave. Retirees were tolerated, but with the quantity and "quality" of the under 50's, they are rethinking that position, and it will be changed soon enough. The retirement visa/extensions will be changed soon enough. It's their country, and their rules.

I think they were pushing for the under 50's to get the Elite visa, but most of the one's here can't afford it. I see many changes coming, and none for the betterment of those who want to be here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

Be careful what you wish for. It is lucky for many that Savannakhet get away with issuing this visa and if anything they are likely, at some point, to be brought in line with other embassies/consulates.

This is a multiple entry visa designed for people that regularly visit their wife and return home. It is not really meant for people to live in the country full time.

Yes, you never know what may happen next here in Thailand. I know personally one guy who lived here for years on tourist visas, was living with his girlfriend and bought their house, he did not want to get married, they split up, he lost his house, and last I heard he was living in Ventiane.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

Do you have any actual proof that this is what it is designed for?

Before you start the "you are a troll" comments, no I am not, just asking for proof of your claims, by proof I mean something from the Immigration act or a statement from a high ranking I/O confirming what you claim it is designed for

Did I understand you correctly that you are on a tourist visa almost for 2 years and 3 months? I'm in exactly the same situation and I know that I won't get any more tourist visas. I have 1 from Russia, 4 from Vientiane,2 from Savannakhet, 1 medical tourist visa from Thailand without visa-run,1 from Penang. Embassies are getting really strict. Phnom Phen and HoMiChin - are not the options, Hong Kong - no clue. In Penang they ask tickets back to ur country from some nationalities (u need to check if they ask from UK citizens). The risk that you won't receive tourist visa with so many visas in the same passport is very high. It's not like before anymore - 7-10 years on a tourist visa and no problems. An option is to get a new passport. My husband has the same amount of visas as me, but he got a new passport - he received his last tourist visa in Savannakhet with no problem and I was rejected in the beginning and just a miracle helped me to finally get it.

Maybe embassies have some particular love for UK people, but I'm not sure about that, because different info coming from here and there about stricter rules, deporting people (NES) who were 7 years on a tourist visa... It does make an impression that the laws that were passed in August 2014 have changed the situation for tourists here...

Yes that's right I have been here for over 2 years on Tourist visas

I have no red stamp in my passport, I think because I stoped going to Vinatine, that might be why you was refused 4 visas from Vinatine, If the the other places are to hard to get a visa I will keep going to Savannakhet until I get a red stamp then get a new passport or maybe just go home, I have some things I should be doing at my home country anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

But only if your wife is Thai.

OP HCMC require an incoming and outgoing ticket to Thailand but not necessarily to your home country. They have not asked for proof of funds.

On 11/30/2016 at 3:15 AM, LongTimeLurker said:

But only if your wife is Thai.

Obviously, and it doesn't need spelling out in a thread discussing multiple entry visas issued in Savannakhet based on marriage to a Thai.

Edited by elviajero

juice777,no, I never got any red stamps, in Savannakhet they just counted how many tourist visas I have in total in the passport and didn't want to give me any more visas..

I forgot to tell you that Yangon maybe a good option as smb has written above, for me it was never an option because we will have to process 4 tourist visas to Myanmar for my family to get there and it's way too expensive for us...Nokair often has very cheap tickets from Bangkok to Yangon..

juice777,no, I never got any red stamps, in Savannakhet they just counted how many tourist visas I have in total in the passport and didn't want to give me any more visas..
I forgot to tell you that Yangon maybe a good option as smb has written above, for me it was never an option because we will have to process 4 tourist visas to Myanmar for my family to get there and it's way too expensive for us...Nokair often has very cheap tickets from Bangkok to Yangon..

In your post before you said you was rejected but your husband had the same amount of visas was this on the same day?

You also said that only a Miracle got the visa hat was the miracle and did you have to apply again?

Yes, it was on the same day..So the person in the window started to ask me to prove my funds, I said that I'm a housewife and I don't work (that is true), we showed my husbands bank statements. The officer said that money in the statement is not enough. And he said that he won't give visa to me, but he accepted my husband's and children's documents..He was asking us to leave quickly. So I asked in the end: "What do I need to show  so that you will accept my application?" He said: "Your bank statement." He was quite irritated and looked quite sure in his decision. So we had to go back to hotel and with the help of the staff after many technical problems I could print out just from my emailbox 2 or 3 pages of my old bank card report. It was almost all in Russian language. I was using it only during my first year of living in Thailand, it did showed many cash withdrawals from Thai ATMs. So we came back to the Embassy when already nobody was there and I didn't have any hope whatsoever of my application being accepted. But unexpectedly the officer changed his attitude. He looked through my bank reports and asked to make copies of my marriage certificate, my husband's bank statement and my email bank report. I brought the copies and he accepted the application. I had very strong impression though that this officer talked to a higher one (that we know was there) and that officer told him to issue me a visa. I thought that they didn't want the rumours to be spread among Russian tourists that you can't get visa in Savannakhet even if you come there just for a second time..

P.S.

32 minutes ago, juice777 said:

In your post before you said you was rejected but your husband had the same amount of visas was this on the same day?

He had the same amount of visas, but all of them were in his old passport..He was also rejected a tourist visa in Vientiane once before, so he had to travel by bus and get the visa in Savannakhet. So actually it was already his third time in Savannakhet, mine - 2nd.

• Like 2

It is possible to do via Kanchanaburi but it is a long arduous journey. First it takes maybe 6 hours to Dawei from the border on a dusty crappy road. Then a long 11-12 hour bus ride to Yangon. you can also fly from Dawei. Problem is there are not many buses scheduled - I think only one a day but I could be wrong. And the flights from Dawei to Yangon are very expensive. There is also a train but it takes forever.  If you want to break up the journey I do recommend Dawei and the amazing deserted clean beaches on the Peninsula. Now is the time to explore this area as I predict it will be ruined by development in 10-15 years.

• Like 1