Another macdonalds

true blue

Just what was was needed. Maybe they will erect another on the opposite side of the street directly across from this one. This seems to be a trend now. Has anyone else noticed the McDonald's and KFC's directly across from each other in the city? No need to get a little exercise walking across the street to get junk food now.

Just what was was needed. Maybe they will erect another on the opposite side of the street directly across from this one. This seems to be a trend now. Has anyone else noticed the McDonald's and KFC's directly across from each other in the city? No need to get a little exercise walking across the street to get junk food now.

It's the only sure sign of transitioning to first world country is coming.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

It's a well known historical observation that the best location for anyone who wants to open a burger joint is next to MCD.  

And when i looked at the NimmanHaeman MCD spot a week ago i thought the place would be 2 floors, no drive thru.  Just like most MCDs in China. 

3 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

huh?

It's called clustering, the South Koreans use it to great effect in Seoul, people wanting fried chicken for example typically find five or six fried chicken places all side by side, that way the consumer can choose where to eat and only the best survive, it's Darwinism of the fast food world - if they did that here all the MCD's would be history very quickly,

19 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Worst burger ever made. Why anyone would buy one if them over all the other burgers in the area is beyond me.

McDonald's restaurants are found in 118 countries and territories around the world and serve 68 million customers each day. McDonald's operates 36,615 restaurants worldwide, employing more than 420,000 people.

Not bad for the worst burger ever made.  I wonder if that works for cars and hospitals too?

12 hours ago, chiang mai said:

It's called clustering, the South Koreans use it to great effect in Seoul, people wanting fried chicken for example typically find five or six fried chicken places all side by side, that way the consumer can choose where to eat and only the best survive, it's Darwinism of the fast food world - if they did that here all the MCD's would be history very quickly,

Absolutely right, the same thing with, get this... Mattress stores in the USA.

'Freakamomics'  excellent podcast even did a show about why it works that way.

There are king sized profits in beds, by the way.

Edited by dhream

6 minutes ago, mark45y said:

McDonald's restaurants are found in 118 countries and territories around the world and serve 68 million customers each day. McDonald's operates 36,615 restaurants worldwide, employing more than 420,000 people.

Not bad for the worst burger ever made.  I wonder if that works for cars and hospitals too?

Even Heston Blumenthal could not say McD sucks, but I'm not sure if that was just him erring on the side of diplomacy.

I do occasionally indulge, but, I don't like the weird aftertaste, it's sort of metallic, I dunno, weird. 

Just now, JaseTheBass said:

Dukes is good because of all the extra gubbins, but I prefer Beast as the patty is better.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Cheers, I'll grab one and see... The patty really is what makes it all come together, kind of like Lebowskis rug.

7 hours ago, Rob13 said:

97% of the menu is pretty bad but you can always get a decent cup of coffee at McD,s

It's surprisingly on the pricey side, though.  A large cappuccino will set you back 120bt (though, to be fair, they do give you a cauldron of the stuff).;)

8 hours ago, Rob13 said:

97% of the menu is pretty bad but you can always get a decent cup of coffee at McD,s

there's all manner of good cafes and coffee shops on nimmanhaemin. seems odd to go in a mcdonald's for one. go to ristr8to instead.

I looked at this new structure for an hour yesterday, as about 7 trucks and a score of linemen worked on power lines on Nimmen, and (auto) traffic was stopped.

I concluded, observing the nature of the locals walking there, that no neighborhood in northern Thailand was more deserving of their very own McDonald 'restaurant' - and I'm willing to bet that it will make money in huge amounts.  Falangville should be ecstatic. 

12 hours ago, StevieH said:

there's all manner of good cafes and coffee shops on nimmanhaemin. seems odd to go in a mcdonald's for one. go to ristr8to instead.

Sometimes you need some caffeine at 6:00am and can't wait another hour for Ristr8to to open (and you don't live that close to Nimman)- no argument on who serves up the superior cup of coffee, though.