PM Prayut pushes 20-year national strategy

webfact

There's a strategy alright, only these guys won't be a part of it. 

Certain events have occurred. 

Everything is about to change in ways they cannot imagine, much less comprehend.

They're living in Unicorn land if they think it's gonna be business as usual -for them in particular.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, dhream said:

There's a strategy alright, only these guys won't be a part of it. 

Certain events have occurred. 

Everything is about to change in ways they cannot imagine, much less comprehend.

They're living in Unicorn land if they think it's gonna be business as usual -for them in particular.

That's an intriguing comment dhream ... did I miss something on this mornings news ?  

Imminent alien invasion ? Comet impact ? 

Should I be buying more gold ? or maybe not bother to renew my car rego beyond 6 months ?

More information about "certain events have occurred" would be most appreciated.

6 hours ago, debate101 said:

We can laugh all we want, but the reality is nothing is standing in their way, and no one is able or willing to stand up to these bullies.

Well there used to be a few someone's willing and able to keep them at bay. 

That's been fixed now, so let's get back to the master plan shall we. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Look around Asia its the same all over. Duteute, Najib, Park, Modi, Cambodia's new labor laws, Mr. Xi and I am sure there are a couple I forgot to mention. 

It's basically find the odd man out in Asia. As far as I know, there isn't one. Even Dodo ended up being a disappointment. 

Henry is basically just following LKYs playbook. Granted, Singapore has much to admire, but like all of Asia you'd best shut up, or you're going away on a government vacation.

Japan and Taiwan, I think are the only truly democratic states with rule of law.

Korea has just been exposed as a scam, or she'd be gone by now.

Edited by dhream

52 minutes ago, electric said:

That's an intriguing comment dhream ... did I miss something on this mornings news ?  

Imminent alien invasion ? Comet impact ? 

Should I be buying more gold ? or maybe not bother to renew my car rego beyond 6 months ?

More information about "certain events have occurred" would be most appreciated.

It's not news.

It's what now is, and will be.

And that won't be what was.

Not even close to what was.

You can find out more with a bit of googling and a server not based within the reach of the NCPO.

7 hours ago, JAG said:

Whilst I agree with your conclusion, I was actually thinking about another announcement...

That happened, it was all over every local channel yesterday. And even on a post here. 

As you know with these matters, blink and you'd miss it. 

That's what it's come to.

Edited by dhream

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

Upon his passing, Stalin's housekeeper said "No better man ever walked the earth."

1 - 0 to Stalin, then...

He was cruel, but fair, he used to send his Mum flowers and stuff... It's true he once nailed my head to a coffee table, but I had to insist...

Edited by dhream

8 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

You are so right and I don't want to think about what could happen if there's serious and very open opposition.

I can't help thinking the country could turn into a pressure cooker and we know what happens if pressure isn't released.

What nobody's seemingly understood in the thread yet, and the junta are desperately trying to pretend has not even happened! Is that there are very long standing conflicts within the system, that must finally now be addressed. They cannot be ignored as the new reality unfolds.

This stuff is not easy to track down because even the BBC and Reuters know they'll be shut down in Thailand, and their local staff jailed if any information deemed unlawful (which is basically now  anything released without official sanction) is aired in their media channels outside of the kingdom. So like the Thai media, they self censor on all but the most anodyne of facts as they relate to current events.

The truth is out there.

9 hours ago, chainarong said:

A twenty year strategy is all very well until on the seventh year ( Give or take a few ) once again the students may have to change the course of history again......................................................:coffee1:

1947-1973 was 16 years

1976-1992 was 16 years

I'd say we've got most of those 20 years left before anything upsets the apple cart. It isn't in anyone's interest who has the ability to make it happen. Should the Shins somehow worm their way back towards the center of power, it will be on the condition that they support the continued censorship, suppression of free speech and fair elections, etc.... Who knows? Maybe that will make some people happy...

Edited by debate101

3 hours ago, dhream said:

What nobody's seemingly understood in the thread yet, and the junta are desperately trying to pretend has not even happened! Is that there are very long standing conflicts within the system, that must finally now be addressed. They cannot be ignored as the new reality unfolds.

This stuff is not easy to track down because even the BBC and Reuters know they'll be shut down in Thailand, and their local staff jailed if any information deemed unlawful (which is basically now  anything released without official sanction) is aired in their media channels outside of the kingdom. So like the Thai media, they self censor on all but the most anodyne of facts as they relate to current events.

The truth is out there.

Yeah, there will be some house cleaning, internecine Thai-style conflict, etc... nothing the public will ever get to really know or talk about openly until things arrive at a stable condition. I don't expect fireworks.

You can forget about democracy, though. Which, despite some posters' insistence that it never existed here, did exist in a flawed state from 1992 onwards that resulted in greater freedom of expression, protection for human rights, progress on education reform, openness to western culture and positive attitude towards long-term residents. That's all in the rear view mirror now, and the sooner a lot of us wake up to it, the better.

26 minutes ago, debate101 said:

Yeah, there will be some house cleaning, internecine Thai-style conflict, etc... nothing the public will ever get to really know or talk about openly until things arrive at a stable condition. I don't expect fireworks.

You can forget about democracy, though. Which, despite some posters' insistence that it never existed here, did exist in a flawed state from 1992 onwards that resulted in greater freedom of expression, protection for human rights, progress on education reform, openness to western culture and positive attitude towards long-term residents. That's all in the rear view mirror now, and the sooner a lot of us wake up to it, the better.

Spot on with the second paragraph.

As to the house cleaning, we're all in the dark, and I sincerely hope it does not embroil the rank and file, but that all depends on whose zooming who, and what they bring to the party, excuse my overuse of metaphor here, but...

There are I think, fundamental differences now, that may speed up another period of disquiet, they are geopolitical instability (another GFC) the sprint of new technology, and the undeniable fact that whatever else the Shins did, they let the genie out of the bottle -forever.

You are correct in observing that stability is in everyone's interest, but that desire in itself, has always pretty quickly been trumped by egos, throughout history, that's where I think the cracks will appear... 

Most worryingly, it is certainly not just the two factions portrayed in the press that everyone is used to, there are several very powerful forces all looking for the upper hand, or at least, a place at the table.

Anyway, I hope most if not all of it, will involve nothing more than 'terminally inactive posts' shall we say, at the elite levels. 

I do think that unless the current honchos have managed to do a very convincing job of switching horses mid stream, their prospects are bleak. And I unfortunately doubt that, whichever cadre that follows after that reshuffle, will be much better.

Re- your other earlier post, I think we've both been privy to one school of thought that believes we could see a surprising, and feared alliance. That's what I immediately thought of when I saw this '20 year plan' concept floated...

Edited by dhream

Dear leader,

20 years of Emotionless robot, please, the resistance gives up. We cannot bare the torture. You win, take your money, land and be gone. Let another replace your position for the sake of Moses. Please, we beg you, no more happiness, please. Enough, you can take my life and throw it in the gutter just, please stop.

Your Sincerly Wilson.

7 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

well it has to be better than the old 4 year plan when there was a coup roughly every 4 years right?

No, it was a much freer nation before, during and after all the coups.  This one is the grand daddy of em all. Thais don't even dare to talk about him outside their homes.

Burrrrrrr.....Bull crap.. 20 year excuse of a failed PM. Maybe the real dumb Thais are still listening. Even then it's touch and go. But the rest are happy to see the 1 year election.  That will not help either you have that covered. I suppose the new PM must start from scratch here. None the less the general will be remembered.

15 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

No wait, Mr. Prayut, it has been 5-years-plans for a century now! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-year_plan  You are doing it wrong!

Yours sincerly: Nikita Khrushchev and Mao Zedong

They will be over turned eventually there plans are without knowledge or know how. That's evident from the first 6 months. All these court cases crims slip through no police sacking. Police children murdering and not see a Court room. There is your leadership road map. 

9 hours ago, Grubster said:

No, it was a much freer nation before, during and after all the coups.  This one is the grand daddy of em all. Thais don't even dare to talk about him outside their homes.

yea looks like the army will really hold onto power this time. some have said it was all about the change of the monarchy but it has all be quite smooth and i am pretty sure it is just about power and control. the ironic part is they the democratic party backed the coup. not very democratic really. and the army may form their own political party and retain power. not just run things from the rear.

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea looks like the army will really hold onto power this time. some have said it was all about the change of the monarchy but it has all be quite smooth and i am pretty sure it is just about power and control. the ironic part is they the democratic party backed the coup. not very democratic really. and the army may form their own political party and retain power. not just run things from the rear.

I think this guys ego is enormous, he thinks people are watching him on TV when he interrupts their favorite programs. I love to watch snooker and he interrupts that every night. I hope he doesn't want the working poor on his side because he can forget that. He tells them to be happy and makes them sad everyday. I think barring a civil war this guy is in to stay. Putin like power.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

I think this guys ego is enormous, he thinks people are watching him on TV when he interrupts their favorite programs. I love to watch snooker and he interrupts that every night. I hope he doesn't want the working poor on his side because he can forget that. He tells them to be happy and makes them sad everyday. I think barring a civil war this guy is in to stay. Putin like power.

he is in power for some time for sure weather he is at the front or the rear (where most armies are controlled from) he is now doing quite a lot of populist spending and this seems to work well for the poor masses. tricks i suspect he has learnt from ying luck and co.

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

he is in power for some time for sure weather he is at the front or the rear (where most armies are controlled from) he is now doing quite a lot of populist spending and this seems to work well for the poor masses. tricks i suspect he has learnt from ying luck and co.

Yes so far he has said he will be the final decider in all elections for 8 years,  Now hinting at twenty years. Maybe leading from behind but definitely from the top.