The Last Book You Read

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just done reading the Alex Ferguson autobiography. Being and Aberdeen and Man U supporter I may be a little bias - but I thought it was a great book and thoroughly enjoyed it .

It highlights the changes in British football from the 1950s to the present day. AF talks about his time as a player - who never really got the breaks that he deserved. He talks about his time at Aberdeen, Scotland and Man U highlighting the highs and lows and also talking about the problems faced in those positions.

At times he does get into rants where I feel he is trying to not lose face - the Paul Ince saga is one of those times.

In a time when 20 year olds are releasing autobiographies it is good to see one from someone that has actually done something in his football career.

Read Fowler, my Autobiography, just great, I am not a lot in that type of books but ones I read it I could not stop till I finished it very very good

• 2 weeks later...

Recently finished The Reapers by John Connolly. Thought it was pretty good for one of the Charlie Parker series, but I'm wondering why he has gotten away from some of the more supernatural aspects of other Charlie Parker books, like "Black Angel". I guess this latest one was more about Louis and Angel than Charlie, so that may explain it.

Also recently read the newest Elvis Cole novel from Robert Crais, but can't remember the name. Didn't really stick - enjoyable read, but "L.A. Requiem" will probably always be the best in that series.

Bought a book to read on the plane, author I've never read before, but on the sale table: "The Spellman Files" by Lisa Lutz. Pretty funny.

Now working on "Buddhism for Dummies" to get some idea of the religion before I move to Thailand.