Best Dermatologist?

Ormgard

A Thai girlfriend of mine went swimming with a friend. Afterwards she developed dark blotches on her cheeks as a result of too much sun, an obvious catastrophy. Apparently this happens quite often to Thai women who aren't careful. The girl is seeing a dermatologist at a clinic who recommends sort of removing the blotches, plucking them away, apparently a piecemeal operation taking weeks if not months and madly expensive.

But I seem to recall a similar case in Pattaya with a girl with really DARK blotches on both cheeks; when I returned to Pattaya after four months in Europe they were miraculously completely, but completely gone and she had only used some kind of salve/cream, if memory serves.

Does anyone know of the very best way to tackle this problem here in Chiang Mai, i e is skin cream or operations the best way to go about it, and which are the best doctors (dermatologists), clinics and/or hospirtals?

My Chiang Mai partner had similar problems on the beach every day at Hua Hin, eventually buying lots of cremes to whiten the blotches.

I'm getting dark spots on the back of my hands. I think in the States, a cream called Porcelana can lighten the 'liver spots' of old age. Is there anything like that here?

A Thai girlfriend of mine went swimming with a friend. Afterwards she developed dark blotches on her cheeks as a result of too much sun, an obvious catastrophy. Apparently this happens quite often to Thai women who aren't careful. The girl is seeing a dermatologist at a clinic who recommends sort of removing the blotches, plucking them away, apparently a piecemeal operation taking weeks if not months and madly expensive.

But I seem to recall a similar case in Pattaya with a girl with really DARK blotches on both cheeks; when I returned to Pattaya after four months in Europe they were miraculously completely, but completely gone and she had only used some kind of salve/cream, if memory serves.

Does anyone know of the very best way to tackle this problem here in Chiang Mai, i e is skin cream or operations the best way to go about it, and which are the best doctors (dermatologists), clinics and/or hospirtals?

HI

We had alerady one thread on this subject - dermatologist -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92148

Maybe you can find some information.

Dr Siri gave a cream for my friend, some mark one the face, due to icthing and alergy, and this works quite good. But maybe not th same marks you are speaking about... But the result is quite impressive.

Hope this helps