New privacy controll by 3BB and....

Felt 35

I usually pay my monthly 3BB bill online with my Bangkok Bank ATM card and when I today opened 3BB¨s webpage my account automatically comes up with all info about me included full name account number, address, telephone number etc. without logging in.:shock1: If this is 3BB and the current regimes new Internet security no privacy policy they have at least lost me. :angry:

Maybe you were still logged on....never logged out from below.

Or, a cached imaged stored on your computer/smartdevice was pulled up instead.   If so, clear your cache.

Edited by Pib

I am still not convinced about "clear traces".

Which browser do you use?

If you use Chrome browser: open new incognito window.

If you use Firefox: open new private window.

If you use Edge or IE browser: open new InPrivate window.

Then open this 3BB site (what link do you use?).

Does it still happen?

Not sure what you mean with clear traces. Clear history or clear cache will not delete cookies, for that you have to go to privacy settings and manually delete cookies.

Some sites use Adobe flash cookies, which you also have to delete separately.

You can click this link, be aware that the image you see is not a website, but the flash folder on YOUR pc.

https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Okay I stand corrected at least partly:blush: When I first was in yesterday morning to pay my 3bb bill the situation was like I said above. After a call to 3bb just minutes after they promised to check, and then 6 hours later when open the 3bb page(not logged in) clicking the red coloured frame with my account number on then come up a request for Id / passport number. Then its ok for me.

....and this red coloured frame with account number on is the "new invention" from 3bb and as they say to make it easier to check your account and eventually payments. When asked for Id, ok for me but that did not happen in the first attemt I did yesterday morning.:smile:

Btw, the computer used yesterday morning have never seen the number/ letters 3bb so I dont think its about coockies or not logged out etc.

use a program like CC-Cleaner to clear "traces" and the caches.  I use it before i shut down the computer, and it cleary helps, all cookies will be deleted.

It also makes your PC run faster!

You should not be worried, the 3BB cookie was still on your PC and helped the page open with your account automatically

Edited by crazygreg44

1 hour ago, autoc said:

Why do people who have nothing to hide always worry about their privacy ?

Most of the time these people also are the ones doing almost nothing with their computer...

So weird !

If that was pointed to me do I have to say that even if my bank accounts are small would I hesitate to share my Internet banking details both from abroad and Thailand with a potensial hacker which in this truly honest world could be anyone and nobody know computers better I belive than a computer programmer. Anyway to each his own. 

7 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

If that was pointed to me do I have to say that even if my bank accounts are small would I hesitate to share my Internet banking details both from abroad and Thailand with a potensial hacker which in this truly honest world could be anyone and nobody know computers better I belive than a computer programmer. Anyway to each his own. 

For sure, your small bank account is a target for the world hackers :-)

Wish you to be safe <3