7/11 Fresh food and frozen food (Thai dishes) Do they look healthy to you ?

autoc

12 hours ago, autoc said:

Hiya, in my opinion everything that we are eating, anywhere in the world, is shiiite and poison.

But if we freeze it, dump it into plastic/Styrofoam, cart it around the country, microwave it in cheap plastic containers at 7/11, the shiiiite magically turns to healthy, attractive cuisine? 

Edited by Suradit69

8 hours ago, autoc said:

By low quality vegetables I mean chemical poisoned vegetables as everybody is eating here. Of course, they look good, but cocaine also !

then please explain, why you think that 7/11 isn't also using vegetables that have been sprayed with pesticides and herbicides during their growth. 

Does 7/11 use purely organically and pest-free grown vegetables in their frozen meals?

I strongly doubt it!

Edited by crazygreg44

Is the posted a 7/11 shareholder by any chance !

I agree some dishes at the 7/11 are tasty and good value but how can processed food wrapped in plastic with a shelf life of five days

be better than a freshly cooked meal . You can always state your preference regarding salt and sugar etc .

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

The food in the fresh markets or items in wet markets do not sit around unrefrigerated for 1 or 2 weeks in the Thai heat. If it did sit around that long, in the heat, it would be un-sellable.

Thank you for making me a bit less stupid. I really appreciate it.

1 or 2 days after being cut, even in a fridge, vegetables have lost all their vitamins. Sorry but you need to learn more before being less stupid...

13 hours ago, mcfish said:

That's funny Thai food is cooked with the lowest quality produce and meats that's available and yes it's dirty old oil, msg , sugar.. It's mostly crappy

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

But they are all dreaming here that they are eating the best food in the world ! hahaahaha....

And they all know the best chef in the world.... working at their local restaurant !

I also eat Thai food but I am aware how shiitty it is, and people saying that they only eat boiled or grilled food are just liars.

Ok, maybe 711 fresh cooked food contains some preservative, but at the end I am sure that it contains less shiiite than what your best chef in the world put in your dish (but that you do not understand).

Buy Fresh Food.

Cook fresh food.

Use olive oil.

Steam.

Grill

Bake said items.....don't rely on processed foods..... you might not be able to escape hormones and antibiotics that are added to the unfinished products  but for sure you can avoid alot of Hazzard with a bit of know how and time.

Those processed meals are good when your drunk or wake up away from home.

Naked with hot chicks.....so you don't care what you eat.

Edited by NickJ
Drunk

6 hours ago, autoc said:

1 or 2 days after being cut, even in a fridge, vegetables have lost all their vitamins. Sorry but you need to learn more before being less stupid...

I call bullshit. Vegetables become completely non-nutritious after 1 or 2 days? Vegetables lose all vitamins after 1-2 days? Really? If and when I decide to become "less stupid" about vegetables and vitamin loss it is very likely my source for information  will be from some other source than you.

WAFI!

Exactly what fresh food is available in 7/11?  I was in my local one today, and I didn't see a single item of fresh food in the whole shop.  Processed food is famous for being full of salt, sugar, preservatives and other additives. There is a lot of unhealthy Thai food out there, but there are a lot of healthy options too.  I think the OP is talking nonsense.

I'm worried about this news that vegetables lose all their nutrition after 1 or 2 days.  Back home when I was a kid it was normal to keep some root vegetables like potatoes for weeks if not months. In fact they only grew at certain times of year so I guess our ancestors were in big trouble without being able to rely on the local 7/11 healthy options.

I think this is all a bunch of crap. Eat what you want to eat and try to be as happy as you can. I like fresh food, processed food, greasy food, sweet food, sour food, hot food, aged food, salty food, raw food.  You will die!  Try enjoying yourself before you do.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Buy Fresh Food.

Cook fresh food.

Use olive oil.

Steam.

Grill

Bake said items.....don't rely on processed foods..... you might not be able to escape hormones and antibiotics that are added to the unfinished products  but for sure you can avoid alot of Hazzard with a bit of know how and time.

Those processed meals are good when your drunk or wake up away from home.

Naked with hot chicks.....so you don't care what you eat.

hormones, antibiotics and pesticides, only a funny guy can imagine being able to avoid them by cooking his own food ! You are really dreaming !!! It could be funny if it was not so sad...

13 hours ago, bark said:

So you are wrong. Processed foods are not good for you, from any country.

If you want healthy food, buy fresh chicken, pork, and cook yourself. Cut for sandwiches.

Cook your own food, fresh vegetables, herbs, spices.

7/11 makes food the same as McDonald. It may taste good, but not really good for you. 

They have to put preservatives so that the food can last 7 days at 5-7 degrees.

If you are talking Thai deep fried street food, I agree not good. If you are talking busy Thai restaurants. This food is much better then 7/11.

cheers

Actually this is not your home country here, and it makes a huge difference.

I agree with others, the only bad point of 7/11 food fresh might be the preservative.

But do they need preservative in frozen food ? Vegetables and fruit do not need them, I do not know about prepared dishes.

Hey guys, your replies are just what everybody is supposed to think since Moma told him, so I wonder if it is any difficult for you to think just a little bit out of the box and base you life on facts ?

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

I think this is all a bunch of crap. Eat what you want to eat and try to be as happy as you can. I like fresh food, processed food, greasy food, sweet food, sour food, hot food, aged food, salty food, raw food.  You will die!  Try enjoying yourself before you do.

Death is not a problem, but being sick 10 years before is THE problem, and the reason why I do not want to think like a farmer who never had a chance to wonder about what he is eating...

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I call bullshit. Vegetables become completely non-nutritious after 1 or 2 days? Vegetables lose all vitamins after 1-2 days? Really? If and when I decide to become "less stupid" about vegetables and vitamin loss it is very likely my source for information  will be from some other source than you.

WAFI!

Yes, keep doing, genius!

Somebody who does not know this can't know anything actually...

Your vegetables arrive at your local market 1 week after being cut and they do not have any vitamins and nutrients anymore ! How does it feel to finally learn something ? Please tell me !

4 minutes ago, autoc said:

Death is not a problem, but being sick 10 years before is THE problem, and the reason why I do not want to think like a farmer who never had a chance to wonder about what he is eating...

My family is/was all farmers, they eat/ate whatever they wanted, lots of eggs, butter, meat, fried food, ice cream, potato chips, sweets, white bread, Processed food, fast food,etc etc.  Never listened to the ever changing do's and don'ts from the pill pushers and they all live happily and actively into their 90's .    Try just enjoying yourself and eating what you want to eat, there is a lot less stress this way. Cheers.

2 hours ago, autoc said:

Yes, keep doing, genius!

Somebody who does not know this can't know anything actually...

Your vegetables arrive at your local market 1 week after being cut and they do not have any vitamins and nutrients anymore ! How does it feel to finally learn something ? Please tell me !

In a fresh market in Thailand it is very likely that the vegetables were cut much less than a week prior being offered for sale. Most of the greens would be a withered bunch of mush after sitting unrefrigerated for a week in 30-33 degree (or more) heat.

I think you may be confusing "not having the peak amount of vitamins and nutrition" as when freshly picked, with "1 week after being cut they do not have any vitamins and nutrients anymore". Maybe just a bit confused? I won't argue with fresher is better, but it is nonsensical to say after a week it has no nutritional value. Heck if that was true all of the poor people in America that are overweight would be as thin as a rail (because nothing they eat is fresh from the farm). 

When I learn something I will let you know. When I learn something from you about nutrition I will let everyone on the forum know. Please have a nice day.

Edited by Ahab
grammar

So the original post was that processed food at 7/11 is better that fresh food seems to have gotten a bit off track. The OP is now saying that the fresh vegetables that sit for a week after harvest has zero nutritional value, and zero vitamins. If this is true then why would you be advocating for the 7/11 food being more healthy? Those vegetables were picked some time before being turned into the plastic encased delicacy that is enjoyed by many, cooked, and then that processed/cooked delicacy can sit on a shelf for up to a week before being consumed by health conscious individual.

How many vitamins and nutrition are left when the vegetable is picked and sits around for a few days (let's say a week for consistency) , then is cooked, and then sits on a shelf in a refrigerated display case in a 7/11 for another week? Is it possible to have a negative nutritional value, something that sucks the life from the person that consumes the food?

9 hours ago, autoc said:

Actually this is not your home country here, and it makes a huge difference.

I agree with others, the only bad point of 7/11 food fresh might be the preservative.

But do they need preservative in frozen food ? Vegetables and fruit do not need them, I do not know about prepared dishes.

Hey guys, your replies are just what everybody is supposed to think since Moma told him, so I wonder if it is any difficult for you to think just a little bit out of the box and base you life on facts ?

I am in the food business. Export to other country. While I would say that if you freeze meat,chicken, seafood. Right after it is killed you will have food which will have less bacteria then food which has been sitting on chilled tables at 5 degrees.

You do lose flavor when food is food.

When you process, these same foods like 7/11 or many other companies. They are cooking the food. When you buy and microwave this food you are only re-heating. Same as if you cook a chicken eat only half of it and put it in your refrigerator. The next day or two days later you re-heat in a microwave. Still tastes ok, but you lose vitamins.

Please note that most Thai frozen food will have MSG in it. And before people say no, to this statement.

MSG can be called about 10 different names, and unless you google and the names, you will have no idea.

cheers.

Some 7-11 fresh ready meals look healthy. I saw some the other day that seemed to offer a balance of rice, chicken and vegetables. I like the frozen meals like the fried rice and the penang chicken but I'm not sure how healthy they are!

2 hours ago, jadee said:

Some 7-11 fresh ready meals look healthy. I saw some the other day that seemed to offer a balance of rice, chicken and vegetables. I like the frozen meals like the fried rice and the penang chicken but I'm not sure how healthy they are!

Not less healthy than your local restaurant food,