ISUZU engines 1,9 vs 2,5

Namplik

Which one is the best? The new Blue power engine or the old 2,5? Specs are better on the 1,9, I know that. But what about in real life experience, did any of you drive cars with both engines? And can give me your impressions? 

Specially interested in the versions with automatic gearbox. 2,5 with old gear box vs 1,9 with the new 6 speed auto. 

Last year I bought a new Isuzu V-Cross. That's the 4X4 model. Two different dealers told me that I would get better fuel economy with the 3.0 liter engine. I was told that the 2.5 liter was going to be phased out because it wasn't that powerful or efficient. I am very happy with the 3.0 liter. If I were buying a new Isuzu and wanted the best fuel economy, I would choose the new Blue Power. If buying another 4X4, I'd still buy the 3.0 liter. I really do like the power.

In an independant test i saw , on a flat road , unloaded and at a steady pace , the 1.9 gave nearly 14 KM/L.  The 3.0 gave 12.5 KM/L. When loaded or worked , towing uphill , the 3.0 will be less "stressed" , and give better fuel economy.  Should also give a longer life.

22 hours ago, Gary A said:

Last year I bought a new Isuzu V-Cross. That's the 4X4 model. Two different dealers told me that I would get better fuel economy with the 3.0 liter engine. I was told that the 2.5 liter was going to be phased out because it wasn't that powerful or efficient. I am very happy with the 3.0 liter. If I were buying a new Isuzu and wanted the best fuel economy, I would choose the new Blue Power. If buying another 4X4, I'd still buy the 3.0 liter. I really do like the power.

This year the V-Cross comes only with the 3 liter engine.