Formula One champion Nico Rosberg announces shock retirement

rooster59

That special extra little thing is being able to drive without concern of other drivers. Lewis has it, Max also has the same ability, so did many other champs. Schumacher was quite notorious on that extra skill, and he is considered to be the best F1 driver of all times. Is he?

It's still nice to have a champ with constantly improving skills, intellect and respect for other drivers and the team around him. The team which made the championship possible.

As Clarkson once put it after testing a normal person's reaction time against Schumacher's. What makes a top F1 driver great, is a total lack of conscience. They'd run over their Granny to win.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, oilinki said:

Verstappen would definitely give a nice spark to Mercedes. 

+1

This is the guy IMHO

I tend to think Lewis would not want him as I could see Max

out pace Lewis pretty quickly

For Merc it would be a smart move because if they dont I think Max might be their biggest threat next year too

On 12/3/2016 at 2:39 PM, KimSamui said:

Yes I'm aware they are in the same complex in the very small Principality of Monaco.

Bluntly since you missed the point, I think Hamilton would be an insufferable jerk to have to work with, little-own continue the charade of friendship. 

Litte-own? 

Are we making up our own words now?

On 03/12/2016 at 1:21 AM, daveAustin said:

Although he won by default and was a bit of a little girl on occasion (well, most of them are), fair play to him. Not the best out there by a long way, but decent enough bloke. Wonder if Jenson will be tempted out of 'retirement'...  

Jenson is still contracted to McLarn for 2 years, wonder if he has a get out clause, seeing most drivers are already contracted for next year, Toto may well be phoning C4 tomorrow to see if they will let David  or Eddie race for them. :cheesy:

Wonder if David still has a FIA Super Licence, he just could not beat Schumacher, that would be a dream, DC coming out of retirement to win the world championship.

There is no way Redbull will be releasing Verstappen anytime soon unless Merc Benz made them an obscene offer - they don't need too...

In Hamilton they have the current No1 driver in F1 and already have in Pascal Wehrlein a young and very competent gifted driver who is already familiar with the team set up, cars and would make a good No2 driver to Hamilton, this negates any rivalry issues and pecking orders at a time with all the changes for 2017 season allows the team to focus on the job in hand, this keeps Hamilton in check and allows Wehrlein to progress unabated in 2017. I reckon this is the best overall option for the team and delivers continuity and also keeps a German driver in a German Silver Arrows car and is cost effective.

14 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Litte-own? 

Are we making up our own words now?

I haven't got my specs so I'm not sure but I think you've made up another word there .... 'Litte' (shouldn't there be an extra 'l')

3 hours ago, Lokie said:

There is no way Redbull will be releasing Verstappen anytime soon unless Merc Benz made them an -obscene offer they don't need too...

In Hamilton they have the current No1 driver in F1 and already have in Pascal Wehrlein a young and very competent gifted driver who is already familiar with the team set up, cars and would make a good No2 driver to Hamilton, this negates any rivalry issues and pecking orders at a time with all the changes for 2017 season allows the team to focus on the job in hand, this keeps Hamilton in check and allows Wehrlein to progress unabated in 2017. I reckon this is the best overall option for the team and delivers continuity and also keeps a German driver in a German Silver Arrows car and is cost effective.

"obscene offer" you mean Mercedes Engines...

There is no way Redbull will be releasing Verstappen anytime soon unless Merc Benz made them an obscene offer - they don't need too...

Keep Hamilton in check? Lol

4 hours ago, CHRISTIANa9 said:

Keep Hamilton in check? Lol

What you don't think they had not already done that this season...? MB call the shots, only one reason the tech teams were swapped around for this year - you think Hamilton had a say in that then... Mmm ok then

By in check it also means happy and as I stated in the link thats how things will pan out next season, MB will not want any team order issues, last few seasons they have done the 'let them race' stance I do not see that happening next year so they will have Hamilton as No1 and who ever No2 IMO Wherlein

I suspect it will be Wherlein... he was rented out to Manor and even if they have already agreed to rent him out again next year I am sure there will be a clause in the contract that says if Mercedes need him they will have him.

The thing is Mercedes are not going to get any of the top drivers as they are all contracted for next year and no team will release them as they would only be able to replace them with a lesser experienced drivers.

Exception could be Valtteri, Williams are cash strapped and Mercedes could offer Wherlein and a cash deal as a sweetener.

Or Jenson, he has said he wants to retire or at least have a year off, but maybe just does not want to drive a McLaran-Honda for another year, he is still contacted to McLaran but as he is not driving I bet he has a get out clause.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, stevenl said:

Disagree. He lacked the really special talent that eg a Lewis Hamilton has.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:34 PM, Mosha said:

Couldn't drive to save his life if it was more than damp.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Maybe, but he is World Champion. That says a lot. When u 2 are world champions I may differ my opinion ..........but doubt it. :stoner:

If McLaren don't want to let Alonso go, I would like to see the new guy there backing up Lewis. Stoffel is a rookie, but a fast one, and all Merc want is to get constructors points. But whenever any team says No Way we are not letting this guy go....means they are talking behind the scenes. So Alonso wouldn't surprise me, but that leaves Merc with two older drivers. I think they need fresh blood, and I don't think Wherlein is the guy, and supposedly he isn't much of a team player. Bottas is a good bet, but a boring character and driver. Whom ever it is going to be, I wish they would hurry up.

Roll on 2017 and first testing with the new spec cars.........Go Lewis.