Immigration near airport closed ......for a while.

harness

Announcement made - done deal - listed in Chiang Mai Immigration site

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/

The temporary moving of Chiang Mai Immigration

25-11-2016 Hits:32 ประกาศ Super User

krut.jpg

Chiang Mai Immigration will temporarily move, only Services for Foreigner Sub-Division [except Immigration Service Center for Legalized Labours of Three Nationalities (Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia)] and General Staff Sub-Division, to G floor, A Building, Promenada Resort Mall Chiang Mai, Tumbon Tasala, Amphur Muang Chiang Mai. The office will be open...

Read more

Edited by seedy
Quote Hidden Post

1 hour ago, Generalchaos said:

I'm doing my 90 day by post next week. I will send it to the usual address at the airport, if you send it via EMS you can track it - It usually gets redelivered to somewhere else any way so I am sure it will get there, just keep the receipt.

I always do my 90 day by mail,using EMS, to the airport location and have done for years until this sending a copy of TM 30 raised its head.

I dont have a TM30 as I have not been out of the country for long time and in 17 years here it was never previously required or is required anywhere else but CM.

So I fronted up to Promaneda a few days ago,did my 90 day and asked 2 members of the staff to explain the current requirements and was told just keep mailing to airport address.Now we find ,after receiving extensive remodelling, the airport location is being demolished.It was not mentioned by the staff who probably in their defence didnt know.

So take your pick and dont expect the people who work there to help.

CNXGary  If you want to mail to Promenda send it to CM IMM 90 day reporting C/- of Promenada (you can google address) but if I was you take a run out there or do it online if you can because its becoming weird.

Rebuilding the Airport Immigration could be a waste of money,the site

is just not big enough,maybe big enough for offices,but no way big enough

for all the parking spaces that are needed.

When you see other Government departments on the same road,much larger

sites,with no visitors,the sensible thing would be for Immigration to do a swap with

one of the other departments who have more land that is not really been used,

but that will never happen,no Director is going to move into a smaller site,even

though it would be large enough,the loss of face would just be too much,even

though it would be for the  good of country.

regards worgeordie

12 hours ago, HullyGully said:

IMM Airport is closed for refurbishment

As from 6th December 2016, you now need to go to IMM PROM for immigration requirements

Check the IMM website, there is a notice in English

..Friday 2nd they misplaced their Receipt Book for the TM30...1,600b rip-off fine ...hmmm...nice little earner that one!..for private property owner they don't accept Yellow Book (purely a document issued by the District Office which Immigration Police do not accept as proof)..i happen to own my home..however they want to see the owner of the land...very confusing and stubborn of them....back dated to one year ago when i arrived...if no receipt then no excuses accepted..need the receipt now for Visa Extensions AND 90 Day Reporting.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Rebuilding the Airport Immigration could be a waste of money,the site

is just not big enough,maybe big enough for offices,but no way big enough

for all the parking spaces that are needed.

When you see other Government departments on the same road,much larger

sites,with no visitors,the sensible thing would be for Immigration to do a swap with

one of the other departments who have more land that is not really been used,

but that will never happen,no Director is going to move into a smaller site,even

though it would be large enough,the loss of face would just be too much,even

though it would be for the  good of country.

regards worgeordie

..they would need to do a TM30 if they swapped addresses.

2 hours ago, HullyGully said:

I will, need to file a TM30 next week, so I assume that it has to be done at IMM PROM?

or is BUILDING 3 at IMM Airport not effected by the refurb?

Anyone know?????

..FYI...i was at Building3 Friday 2nd..was told they will be at Promenada Tuesday 6th.

3 hours ago, tandor said:

..FYI...i was at Building3 Friday 2nd..was told they will be at Promenada Tuesday 6th.

Be interesting to see if they will insist on a TM30 when filing the 90 day report in person, plenty of money to be made there.

Filing online seems to be wobbling, again- post could see the next wobble. 

And how will they deal with all those 2x5 year extensions of stay?

Any confirmation of any being issued yer?

Edited by Thailand