Bank accounts for Retirement Extension.

To apply for a Extension based on Retirement, is one bank account sufficient or I need two Saving accounts to satisfy the requirements.

What I meant was two Saving accounts from two different banks, one is for the Extension application and one is for show as a mean of living expenses. I rather have just one. When I apply for the non-O single entry, do I need to have the full amount (i.e. 800,000 baht for example) at the submission of the application or I can wait until I apply for the Retirement extension. Thanks.

There is no requirement to have 2 bank accounts. And certainly not at different banks. Many people have 2 accounts at the same bank which makes it easier to maintain the 800k baht in the bank for the required time,

You will need the entire 800k baht in the bank to apply for a non-o at a nearby embassy or consulate for being 50 or over. Where do you plan on applying for it.

If are married to a Thai you can get a single entry non-o without needing to showing financial proof (other than at Penang).

4 minutes ago, Rhys said:

If you are married with proper papers and own a home with proper book and have 400 K can you apply for a marriage visa.

You would not have to have financial proof to apply for non-o visa based upon marriage if you got it in Laos.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay (it not a visa) based upon marriage at an immigration office. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months in your own name only or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1