Crocodile Meat

JustNo

back in 2012 - 2013 I met a Frenchman in HH who I became friends with for a brief period. He one day had some crocodile meat and that was the only time I had eaten it. He had a nice steak and it, to me at least, tasted like a better version of chicken. I am trying to find it in the town but I haven't been able to locate it, any help? 

3 hours ago, migrant said:

I see it frozen at Makro

Thanks I just popped over to Macro and got some, I was tempted to get some ostrich as well but really wanted to try deer as I've never tried it before I don't think, however it was not in stock 

On 12/3/2016 at 7:27 PM, JustNo said:

Thanks I just popped over to Macro and got some, I was tempted to get some ostrich as well but really wanted to try deer as I've never tried it before I don't think, however it was not in stock 

Never tried either in Thailand, have had all three (croc, deer and ostrich) in the states.  Didn't care for Ostrich, but other two good.

Let us know how it was!

2 hours ago, migrant said:

Never tried either in Thailand, have had all three (croc, deer and ostrich) in the states.  Didn't care for Ostrich, but other two good.

Let us know how it was!

It's pretty much how I remember it to be. It looks like chicken when cooked and it does have a smilier taste, only maybe more subtle and with a slight 'beef' taste added, but very slight. I have read online how healthy it is in comparison to other meats, per 100gram is has nearly double the amount of protein as chicken for example, with a lot less fat. I read about ostrich as well which people have said tastes like beef but has 90% less fat and is easily digestible, I was hoping it would taste nice too! ..