King Sihanoni pardoned Kem Sokha

rooster59

King Sihanoni pardoned Kem Sokha

74_kem_sokha_talks_during_press_conferencein_phnom_penh_02_10_2015_0.jpg

PHNOM PENH:-- Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni on Friday granted a Royal pardon for Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) acting president Kem Sokha, quashing a five-month prison term in connection with his marital infidelity, The Phnom Penh Post Online reported on Saturday.

The decree states that the pardon for Sokha’s conviction, which was upheld by the Appeals Court on November 4, takes effect from the date of the King’s signature December 2.

The decision will end almost six months of self-imposed confinement by the CNRP leader who took refuge in the party’s headquarters in May after an attempt to arrest him.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/king-sihanoni-pardoned-kem-sokha/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-04

I'm not very up on politics,so forgive my ignorance.I was under the impression that Cambodia is a communist country.That being so,how is it possible for such a country to have a king.The very idea of communism is against Royalty or Monarchism of any sort.Re Russia,in the late 19th/early 20th,centuries.

Please enlighten me.

11 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I'm not very up on politics,so forgive my ignorance.I was under the impression that Cambodia is a communist country.That being so,how is it possible for such a country to have a king.The very idea of communism is against Royalty or Monarchism of any sort.Re Russia,in the late 19th/early 20th,centuries.

Please enlighten me.

Cambodia is a constitutional monarchy.