Cencored

gennisis

I was amused on Sunday evening by the frequent screen notices of cencordship while watching TV5.

The slightest screenshot of male buttocks or/and female breasts,immeadiatly brought up the 'cencord' notice, in all about 40 times

Big brother was obviously watching

The TV5 I know is a free French news and feature channel carried by True Visions and UBC for the past 18 years. I've never seen any censorship there or anything that might provoke censorship. Presumably the TV5 the OP is referring to is a lesser known one.

Channel 788 on True.

Actualy its TV5Monde and i thnk its canadian although I could be wrong.

Ive just had a 'google' on TV5Monde.Its a worldwide network.

I watch it most evenings mainly for the 'dubbed'French films

The program on Sunday was a series of two french families who had won prizes for a holiday which turned out to include visits to a nudist beachclub.....All quite unremarkable except to the Thai prude on the True buitton

Edited by gennisis
extra info

I read somewhere that the "government" has hired native speakers to monitor certain channels (BBC and TV5) for "bad" content and immediately inform the man in control of the big switch..coincidentally at the same time the said channel would be having "technical troubles"

Thai TV5 being an army channel surprisingly never has an "technical troubles"

Thai censorship, along with many other things here is baffling.

Apart the the 'stuff' we all know you can't discuss (talk to the BBC about their current little run in), the pixillation of things can be random and varied. Sometimes it seems you can't see a picture of a fake gun in a lakorn, other times it's Ok to show an AK47 spraying bullets

Smoking or drinking on and off seems to invoke a mixed response. Sex, well that's a general No No, although in a nightly lakorn all those smoldering looks and waking up, with perfect hair, in someones bed seems to be fine.

I've long since given up trying to understand the Thai mind