Will living with a GF work out cheaper for me?

cheapskatesam

As you all know i have £700 a month to live on in Bkk starting January after my epic recent failure of staying there long term.. and was wondering if endeavoring to shack up with some girl would save me cash in the long run? 

I had an experience with a woman last year, i lived in her apartment room for a few weeks, she didn't accept any money from me but i did buy  dinner every night and groceries it saved me a lot on Hotel fees.

Pros.

Split the rent - cheaper rental outgoings for me.

i'll be getting what i want every night

No worrying about deposits and advance payments.. just give her the cash

Cons

I won't be able to play the field because i'll be stuck with her

privacy - sometimes i want to be alone

The age old question, to live with gf or not... someone has once equated marriage

is being akin to visiting a call girl, with the call girl you pay up front, with a marriage, you

pay at the end and big time,

as with living with a gf, the personalities of both of you comes to paly, if you're both

easy people than it might be a gain, if not, it's losses all the way....

Quick answer NO! Really depends how you met her and how much time you spent with her before you got in her pants. If you are a typical foreigner in Thailand you likely met her in a bar or massage shop. If you have any brains to begin with you would RUN!  If she is just a common Thai girl from Nakhon Nowhere that speaks zero English your chances are a little better. If she has spent years in school ,works for herself your chances are even better. If i had to guess she is common bar trash. Lock your door.

12832333_1023551381070865_5255203877519416756_n.jpg

Quick answer NO! Really depends how you met her and how much time you spent with her before you got in her pants. If you are a typical foreigner in Thailand you likely met her in a bar or massage shop. If you have any brains to begin with you would RUN!  If she is just a common Thai girl from Nakhon Nowhere that speaks zero English your chances are a little better. If she has spent years in school ,works for herself your chances are even better. If i had to guess she is common bar trash. Lock your door.
12832333_1023551381070865_5255203877519416756_n.jpg.bfbf5bb1998a4adb21f4146ae1cc7445.jpg

Can always rely on impartial advice from Mr Mitkof.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

4 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Can always rely on impartial advice from Mr Mitkof.

There is a 99.999% chance he found miss wonderful in a bar. Not impartial it is called reality of the common man in Thailand. Make zero effort to learn Thai you are going to end up with a HUGE problem just like most do. Until Mr. Barstool wakes up to that fact things will never change.

0014_insanity_einstein_quote_960.jpg

There is a 99.999% chance he found miss wonderful in a bar. Not impartial it is called reality of the common man in Thailand. Make zero effort to learn Thai you are going to end up with a HUGE problem just like most do. Until Mr. Barstool wakes up to that fact things will never change.
0014_insanity_einstein_quote_960.jpg.bf238a0f7ff3a9c711e4c126dfe5bcc8.jpg

Can't argue with that

You got 30,000 B a month to live on, you can do it if your not on the piss most nights or need to pay hookers.

Rent a condo at around 8,000 easy around lad phrao its a decent area, eat Thai food mostly, get your self a girl friend and you wont need to be painting the town red....

Not a super great life but better than what you would have back home....

Though some how I'm thinking your wanting to rage every night....and that on 700 quid you wont be doing ..

On 12/7/2016 at 1:02 AM, smokie36 said:

If only MrToad was still here to offer the TEFL free buffet list of Bangkok.

What, pray, has happened to dear old Toad? Did JT put him into another industry? He was his spin doctor for a few years and perhaps he needed a break. Knowing JT as I do, Toad will be relaxing in comfort in Klong Toey, or somewhere equally exotic.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:40 AM, Don Mega said:

If the girl has a schrader valve and you imported her from Japan then yes (after the initial outlay), she will be cheaper than renting a fresh one every night.

That's suspiciously specific Mr Don - a Schrader valve ..... not a presta or a woods valve?  Do you have inside knowledge?  :smile:

It works for me. I live with a lady and I spend 7 to 12k a month visa included.
She even buy me many things she find on market.
I don't even have a baht on me. Every night she bring food and she takes care of the bill. She bills me end of month for the rent and my food. I think it works better if you don't mix money. She has her own money, I have mine.

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

What, pray, has happened to dear old Toad? Did JT put him into another industry? He was his spin doctor for a few years and perhaps he needed a break. Knowing JT as I do, Toad will be relaxing in comfort in Klong Toey, or somewhere equally exotic.

He's busy being hugely successful...but he better get to town soon for a chinwag!